The Mandalorian (Star Wars live action show)

mdmost

Just now, MissingInAction said:

I dont get it.

Ahsoka is one of the voices that speaks to Rey when she's lying on the ground.  Kanan as well.   It's in the subtitles on Disney+. 1:58:05 into the movie. 

Obi-Wan, Anakin, Ahsoka, Kanan Jarrus, Luminara Unduli, Qui-Gon, Aayla Secura, Mac Windu, Adi Gallia, Yoda, Luke, all speak, and with the exception of Ahsoka, all were seen dying in other movies or the animated series, so the safe assumption is that Ahsoka is also dead. 

42 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

For Captain Marvel?  Yes, we should see it explained in the next Captain Marvel/Adam Warlock/Doctor Strange/Guardians movies now that Marvel is moving into the "Cosmic" phase of things.  Even rumors that Silver Surfer and Galactus will be a part of it.

For Ahsoka?   We know she's dead by Episode IX.

I have no idea how her character's backstory plays out during 7/8/9, but I have faith that Filoni and Co. will explain it well, probably in the Ahsoka spin-off series.  There are a lot of possibilities they can explore in regards to what happens to Ahsoka, and now that they've thrown Thrawn into the mix, it's going to be a fun ride.

There's an Ahsoka book or maybe books on what she was doing after Order 66. She lost faith in the Jedi and was doing lone wolf good shit. And Filoni confirmed that even though her voice is her in IX, she is not dead. 

She has the spirit of The Daughter in her. Filoni is not going to kill her anytime soon or ever.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

And Filoni confirmed that even though her voice is her in IX, she is not dead. 

She has the spirit of The Daughter in her. Filoni is not going to kill her anytime soon or ever.

Did not know that.   But Abrams could claim she was dead, and Filoni that she was alive, and I will believe Filoni every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

• Hook 'Em 1

I didn't know this until this Mando series that Lucas was/is a huge fan of Kurosowa, which made Filoni a huge fan of Kurosowa. It's shit like this that makes the show richer in meaning, the homage to masters and idols before.

Well, Lucas claimed he took R2 and C3P0 directly from Hidden Fortress. Kurosawa also credited those before him as well and those after him.

Hi and Low is another great film.

My fear is that Kennedy somehow gets her claws into it, and shoves Luke/Leia/Han into it in some way, or brings in her people from outside of Filoni and Favreau's circle to write/direct.
With that said, I have to think Disney won't let her fuck around with it. Favreau kicked off the MCU, and he and Filoni have a property that is massive draw for Disney+, and Disney+ is driving the company right now.
And I also think there is some credence to the rumors that she is just a figurehead and Filoni/Favreau are running Star Wars.

Nah, I think she is smart enough to get out, and stay out of the way creatively and knows much like Ed Orgeron did last year, that the Gutter/Dave combo is working and working well.

2 hours ago, crash_davis said:

There's an Ahsoka book or maybe books on what she was doing after Order 66. She lost faith in the Jedi and was doing lone wolf good shit. And Filoni confirmed that even though her voice is her in IX, she is not dead. 

I listened to the book. It was narrated by Ashley Eckstein. It covers where she got the white lightsabers and how she got involved with helping form the rebellion with Bail. 

• Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, crash_davis said:

My only complaint is what I said about the last 4 eps of Clone Wars. Star Wars and especially feats and battles of Jedi are best depicted in animation. Ahsoka in the last season of Clone Wars is so much more powerful and badass than Ahsoka that we see in live action. Filoni simply cannot replicate human actors doing awesome Jedi shit that Jedis in animation can do. 

Well part of that is by design. Filoni talked about it in the behind the scenes show from season 1.  He specifically mentioned how, with the animated series, they do an "exaggerated version" of everything, from the character design, to what the characters can do.  He was talking about it in the context of transitioning between animation and live action.

3 hours ago, crash_davis said:

There's an Ahsoka book or maybe books on what she was doing after Order 66.

18 minutes ago, Viper said:

I listened to the book. It was narrated by Ashley Eckstein. It covers where she got the white lightsabers and how she got involved with helping form the rebellion with Bail. 

spacer.png

"Don't tell me it was explained more in the novelization or some Star Wars book. What matters is the movie. I ain't never read one of them Star Wars books, or any books in general for that matter, and I ain't about to start. Don't talk about them stupid video games, or novels, comic books, or any of that fucking crap. I seen enough of that shit."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

spacer.png

"Don't tell me it was explained more in the novelization or some Star Wars book. What matters is the movie. I ain't never read one of them Star Wars books, or any books in general for that matter, and I ain't about to start. Don't talk about them stupid video games, or novels, comic books, or any of that fucking crap. I seen enough of that shit."

Are my pizza rolls ready?

12 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Where was Ashoka during ROTS? Seems like Anakin's Padawan might have made an appearance? Thanks in advance - am going to start Clone Wars FWIW.

Revenge of the Sith? It's covered in season 7 of the Clone Wars the last half of which happens concurrently with ROTS. 

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

Where was Ashoka during ROTS? Seems like Anakin's Padawan might have made an appearance? Thanks in advance - am going to start Clone Wars FWIW.

The Galaxy is a very big big place. She was in the outer rim, a sort of no mans land where the empire and republic didn't have much sway . She was doing other shit when Luke was learning the force and confronting a certain blue super sly charismatic evil guy who happens to love art.

18 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

The Galaxy is a very big big place. She was in the outer rim, a sort of no mans land where the empire and republic didn't have much sway . She was doing other shit when Luke was learning the force and confronting a certain blue super sly charismatic evil guy who happens to love art.

(cowers) Um, Thrawn, right? 

I did read the Timothy Zahn books like 25 years ago. 

6 hours ago, Nivek said:

Nah, I think she is smart enough to get out, and stay out of the way creatively and knows much like Ed Orgeron did last year, that the Gutter/Dave combo is working and working well.

And yet the sequel trilogy happened on her watch....

Actually, the worst thing she could have done is said "hey, let's have a bunch of Skywalker and Solo kids running around and stirring shit up, just like JJ said Star Trek should never get away from Kirk and Spock, we should never get away from the Skywalkers and Solos!  And Luke getting married would be awesome!  And some intern told me about these Yuzan Gong guys that are plant-based or something, and hate technology, and they killed hundreds of trillions of beings, and they almost wiped out the New Republic, that would be even bigger than having to defeat the Empire!"

24 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Actually, the worst thing she could have done is said "hey, let's have a bunch of Skywalker and Solo kids running around and stirring shit up, just like JJ said Star Trek should never get away from Kirk and Spock, we should never get away from the Skywalkers and Solos!  And Luke getting married would be awesome!  And some intern told me about these Yuzan Gong guys that are plant-based or something, and hate technology, and they killed hundreds of trillions of beings, and they almost wiped out the New Republic, that would be even bigger than having to defeat the Empire!"

To be fair, I think the Vong series was better than the sequels from a story perspective. At least it wasn’t Death Star 3.0 and Luke drinking blue milk straight from the tit.  I think the mistake with that 9 (12?) book series was that they rotated the authors every book. It lead to too much inconsistency and a few plot screw ups. They should have stuck to 3 book blocks, or hell even had one author write them all.  

At least if they decided to convert the Vong series to film they’d been following a predetermined outline from the beginning instead of letting the directors make shit up as they go without having any plan or communicating with each other 

Edited by UT_OB1

2 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

To be fair, I think the Vong series was better than the sequels from a story perspective. At least it wasn’t Death Star 3.0 and Luke drinking blue milk straight from the tit.  I think the mistake with that 9 (12?) book series was that they rotated the authors every book. It lead to too much inconsistency and a few plot screw ups. They should have stuck to 3 book blocks, or hell even had one author write them all. 

Seems to be a trend...

16 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

she was involved with those from what I could tell.   just like ed was a failure  before brady showed up, and after he left.

20 hours ago, pops said:

Probably already posted, but the throwback to tombstone was awesome. Was just waiting for Mando to say you're no daisy. No daisy at all. 

May not be a daisy at all, but could be a Ridley.  

Looking forward to watching this season with my daughter during the holiday break.  She's really getting into the Star Wars universe lately.  I guess I gotta get through the other feature films to set this ending up properly.  

On 11/28/2020 at 8:19 PM, Mac8111 said:

So I read the books that had Thrawn in it ( along with Mara Jade etc. ) Loved them.

I never watched CW or Rebels. I’ll probably take it up soon. I am guessing that Thrawn made his way into one of the animated series ?

Yes. You will not regret it.  There's a lot of wood to chop on Clone Wars, and there are quite a few "filler" episodes. Would highly recommend using this guide for seasons 1-5, then watch all of seasons 6-7.  That will cover all of the key plot points and characters leading into Rebels.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Yes. You will not regret it.  There's a lot of wood to chop on Clone Wars, and there are quite a few "filler" episodes. Would highly recommend using this guide for seasons 1-5, then watch all of seasons 6-7.  That will cover all of the key plot points and characters leading into Rebels.

spacer.png

I’d just be whole series. Even the droid episodes have some Anakin and Obi Wan appearances. 

The Jar Jar episodes are completely inconsequential. 

3 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I’d just be whole series. Even the droid episodes have some Anakin and Obi Wan appearances. 

The Jar Jar episodes are completely inconsequential. 

Yeah can't hurt to watch the whole thing, but just in case someone is pressed for time, I think that guide is good for hitting the major plot points that are important for Rebels and now The Mandalorian. 

2 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

spacer.png

I am both happy and sad about this.

2 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

spacer.png

This one cuts too much out, especially season 4 and 5 unless you add in all the honorable mentions. 

• Hook 'Em 2