The Mandalorian (Star Wars live action show)

mdmost

3 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Based on your first and now second posts, I'm going out on a limb and say that you haven't read a book, any book, since sophomore year for English class. 

This board has no shortage of idiots so I'm sure you will fit in.

giphy.gif?format=500w

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, fakebusiness said:

The Mandalorian is pretty decent. I don't get all of the hype though. Is this like some circlejerk for dorks I don't understand?

Part of it is that, post-eps VII-IX, SW fans have battered spouse syndrome. Another part is that it is a great space western, like ST:TOS and Firefly. Only the final part involves the hardcore SW fans and the incredible level of fan service from the show.

4 hours ago, crash_davis said:

Based on your first and now second posts, I'm going out on a limb and say that you haven't read a book, any book, since sophomore year for English class. 

This board has no shortage of idiots so I'm sure you will fit in.

Idk I try to read 1 to 2 books per month. Hard to do with a busy schedule nowadays, ya know? Anyways, I didn't mean to insult you or your devotion to this show and other shows under the Star Wars umbrella. Carry on. 

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

Rangers of the New Republic and Ahsoka are the two Filoni Favreau series. Christmas 2021

While I like Gina, I’d rather not see her in the Rangers of the New Republic series. She’s a good bit player, but not a leading woman. I do think we’ll see seeds of the New Republic spin-off in the last two episodes of Mando Season 2. 

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

While I like Gina, I’d rather not see her in the Rangers of the New Republic series. She’s a good bit player, but not a leading woman. I do think we’ll see seeds of the New Republic spin-off in the last two episodes of Mando Season 2. 

If it stars Gina, it’s dead on arrival.

10 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Am I the only one that is a little apprehensive about all this new content? Disney doesn't exactly have a great track record and Kathleen Kennedy is still in charge of things. If they fired her and Filoni and Favreau were leading the charge, I would have a little more confidence. 

Honestly a lot of that content sounds like stuff Kennedy would not have been behind.

Step 1: Bill Burr

Step 2: Show empire affect on locals, have heroes fight "for the empire" for a stretch, show humanity and comradery among empire troops, absolutely reverse that with leadership interaction, Bill Burr kill everybody.

Step 3: MandoDADalorian voicemail, you done fucked up bro.

also glad they got the face uncovering out of the way. didn't want that to be the big gotcha moment of the last ep. And officially, no "living thing" has seen his face still

• Hook 'Em 2

Another fantastic episode.  A lot of fun to watch.    

Other thoughts:

• Boba Fett never looked so good.  Cleaned up that armor and looked like a real bad ass.  
  • Slave I's internal crew cabin rotation was fucking cool.  I had that toy as a kid, and it had the cockpit rotation knob in it.  I enjoyed that. 
  • Bill Burr did a great job as Mayfeld.
  • Operation Cinder from Bill Burr was an outstanding drop as well.  Anyone who has played Battlefront knows what that's all about.  Great drop in and call back.  
  • I never grow tired of watching Stormtroopers get blasted.  

Next week should be an awesome finale. We have to see a surprise in the finale, right?  Ezra, Thrawn, Ahsoka showing back up, or at a minimum Bo Katan coming back to reclaim the Dark Saber. 

It's going to be a long week!

• Hook 'Em 2

Another fantastic episode.  A lot of fun to watch.    

Other thoughts:
  • Boba Fett never looked so good.  Cleaned up that armor and looked like a real bad ass.  
  • Slave I's internal crew cabin rotation was fucking cool.  I had that toy as a kid, and it had the cockpit rotation knob in it.  I enjoyed that. 
  • Bill Burr did a great job as Mayfeld.
  • Operation Cinder from Bill Burr was an outstanding drop as well.  Anyone who has played Battlefront knows what that's all about.  Great drop in and call back.  
  • I never grow tired of watching Stormtroopers get blasted.  
Next week should be an awesome finale. We have to see a surprise in the finale, right?  Ezra, Thrawn, Ahsoka showing back up, or at a minimum Bo Katan coming back to reclaim the Dark Saber. 
It's going to be a long week!

Yeah, I enjoyed the Operation Cinder callout.

14 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Am I the only one that is a little apprehensive about all this new content? Disney doesn't exactly have a great track record and Kathleen Kennedy is still in charge of things. If they fired her and Filoni and Favreau were leading the charge, I would have a little more confidence. 

they've got an all star lineup of creators running the new content

15 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

So my 2nd grader was in class today, and the teacher was asking about heroes, and going around the room asking for examples, and got the normal "firefighters, soldiers, etc."  My son was apparently about falling out of his seat, raising his hand.  Teacher called on him, and he then spent a few minutes detailing the heroics of the A-Wing pilot who crashed into the bridge of the Super Star Destroyer in ROTJ.

When the teacher was telling me this after school, well, this is an approximation of my response:

spacer.png

Those special moments when you know that you've done your job as a parent.

At a meeting with my daughter's kindergarten teacher years ago, the teacher mentioned that she was a little troubled that when she brought up that her brother lives in Oklahoma, my daughter yelled out "your brother is a cheater and not a good person." You've just got to raise them right, instill good values, and then hope for the best.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Shouldn't be.  Pretty Clear Favrau and Filoni are pretty much running the Small Screen Stuff.  If Patty Jenkins can do a similar job with Rogue Squadron that she did with WW1, It'll be fine. 

Kennedy is just a figure head IMO.  At least I hope.

Slave 1's cabin rotating just was some of the coolest shit I've seen. 

Moff Gideon, I'm coming to get youuuuuuu.

jQNPJb.gif

So Seven Samurai looks like it will be Din, Cara, Boba, Fennec, Bo Katan, and the two expendable Mandos.

Anyone else think Bill Burr will be a regular on the Rangers of the New Republic series? He was fantastic in this episode. The slow boil while he was getting angrier and angrier with his former CO was some great tension. 

Edited by mdmost

Because it’s cheaper to mass produce blaster rifles without targeting systems.

The private sector military contracts aren’t paying for themselves

I should add that there are a couple of rifles that were autotarget rifles but as per the books they were were more expensive and not readily deployed with troops

10 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

I’ve never wanted profanity in Star Wars so much in my life. Burr is great. 

The seismic charge was badass. You get to use those in the Battlefront games. The dual snipers picking off stormtroopers was really satisfying too. 

Sniping while standing, with no gun rest. As snipers do.