Uniform Pron

JimmyHoffa

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Player said:

Script Carolina is fine. The logo is too busy, and just looks like a blob on tv.

But they should either change the Carolina on the jersey from block to script, or drop it altogether.

I'm probably just an oddball but I would rather the uniforms for both UNC & USC actually said the words "North Carolina" & "South Carolina", on the team jerseys...

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Eh, part of their rivalry is which one is the "real" Carolina. It's fine.

I hadn't thought of it that way, but it would be cool if the Tar Heels & Gamecocks played every year, but the 'Cocks already have Clemson... Clemson should play Auburn...

2 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

I hadn't thought of it that way, but it would be cool if the Tar Heels & Gamecocks played every year, but the 'Cocks already have Clemson... Clemson should play Auburn...

Clemson and Auburn have played in 5 regular season games this decade. It's an entertaining matchup, but I think both teams are looking for fresh opponents.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Our home jerseys look like they got more burnt in their orange. They looked great in person and on tv. Or maybe I'm imagining things.

ut_vs_tulsa-9080332_sterns-jpg.30472

Our jerseys are ugly as shit. Wayyyy too busy.

We haven’t won shit since we added that stupid, unnecessary collar logo and went to the shoulder numbers. The 2018 TEXAS huge and an awful font. Another terrible idea.

Go back to VY/Colt era-style unis and start winning games. Stop candying shit up like we have been for a decade. 

Edited by Tailleur17

http://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/controller/controller.php?action=main

Was just sitting here watching the Raiders v Rams and I mentioned to my brother about the Raiders having the silver numbers outlined in black on their white jersey for a few years. I found this site when trying to find some information about that. Kinda cool.

Merchandising and marketing and licensing revenue!  Team colors "evolve" because someone convinces a focus group of nitwits that blood orange, for example, looks more attractive than tangerine.  Example: Auburn's "e'erbody wear they arnge Sairdy" home games.  The shade of orange has changed two or three times since Ralph "Shug" Jordan coached there, from pumpkin to burnt orange to tangerine to darn near vermilion.  Alabama's product licensing agreements provide a special ink color number for images and imprinted materials.  The color number has changed over time so little Johnny can ask Dad to buy "this year's" crimson jersey.  All of the above a more subtle, sinister ploy than Oregonism.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bama Llama said:

Merchandising and marketing and licensing revenue!  Team colors "evolve" because someone convinces a focus group of nitwits that blood orange, for example, looks more attractive than tangerine.  Example: Auburn's "e'erbody wear they arnge Sairdy" home games.  The shade of orange has changed two or three times since Ralph "Shug" Jordan coached there, from pumpkin to burnt orange to tangerine to darn near vermilion.  Alabama's product licensing agreements provide a special ink color number for images and imprinted materials.  The color number has changed over time so little Johnny can ask Dad to buy "this year's" crimson jersey.  All of the above a more subtle, sinister ploy than Oregonism.  

Edited by Liquor and Poker