Machinator

Mack Brown Tarheel Football: The Orange Slice Boogaloo

12 hours ago, Cajun said:

Still amazes me how many just let this stuff go.

FUPM threw his coaches and players under the bus with this interview. What pisses me off is that at least FUPM can admit something went wrong, while Mensa just keeps saying the team played well but didn’t execute. Mensa can’t even admit shit is going wrong and throw people under the bus because it’s all his inner circle of friends.

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Arguing whether MENSA or Mack is better defines retard fight.  JFC

Hey man, fuck you. They're our retards. Go eat dicks.

Posted (edited)

Reporter: How instrumental was Coach Brown in your career and helping you achieve all of the success you had, Vince?

VY: Oh, man, Coach Brown was huge.  You see, things weren't going so well at first, but then he ... uh, he kind of stopped trying to coach me and we ran my high school offense instead.

Mack: [interrupting] Let Vince be Vince, I said.  It was in all the papers - you can check it yourself.  That was a well-documented coaching strategy. 

VY: Yeah, and it worked a lot better than before when he was coaching me.  So, you know, I give him lots of credit for that.  But sometimes we would still get really far behind the other team, and Coach Brown would get that look in his eyes, you know when he's squatting down and has that 1,000 yard stare with the blank expression and the glazed eyes ...

Mack: It was focus.  Intense, calm focus. I was formulating a plan to get us back in the game.

VY: So when that happened, I would just be like, "Ok, well clearly I gotta take over," and then I would start tucking the ball and running no matter what the play call was.  Because shit was real at that point, and it was no time to be humoring Greg and Mack.  And that always worked for us.

Mack: You know, lots of people say the mark of a great leader is knowing when to be hands off. That ... that's what I was doing.

VY:  But listen, man, whenever I talk about Coach Brown, I always tell people that I would take him over Jeff Fisher every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Mack: You hear that!  Better than Jeff Fisher!  That's neat!  

Edited by longhornmatt

5 hours ago, C-Man said:

Did I see where Mack just pulled the #1 DB in the nation?

#7 overall

#3 recruiting class right now with 11 of 17 commits ranked 4*

Return of the motherfucking Mack!

as a guy who always liked coach Brown (and recognized it was at least 3 years past his sell by date and definitely time for him to leave UT) I’m very happy for him that he’s having success at UNC. Good for him. Feel same exact way about Barnes. Both gave us so many really good years and then lost their fastball/got complacent. I’m happy to see them do well because I will choose to remember the good over the end. 

Grimes could have gone anywhere in the country and picked Mack Brown and North Carolina. That to me means a) he wants to be coddled and b) he wants to continue being treated like a big fish in a small pond. 

Not to mention, Grimes had A&M among his top four. That confirms my conclusions in point one above. He's attracted to coddlers and wants to remain a big fish.