2020 Senate Elections

Patrick Bateman

13 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Agreed. @Jive Turkey should be forced to return here and defend his absurd opinions with unassailable logic and facts. Maybe he's just persecuting Graham because he fucking hates skin tags and moles. 

McConnell isn't going to lose.  It won't be close.  My list is based on candidates that have a realistic chance of losing.  I should have been clearer about that.

Edited by Jive Turkey

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

McConnell isn't going to lose.  It won't be close.  My list is based on candidates that have a realistic chance of losing.  I should have been clearer about that.

This is true.  McConnell will be there, we just have to regain the majority to make sure he's neutered.

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah I don’t see Moscow Mitch losing in a year when Moscow itself is gonna go all out to help the pro Moscow Republican nazi Party and Moscow Mitch himself 

Lady G on the other hand, is gonna be sweating out the results on election night like he just got off the golf course with trump after being delivered the bad news. 

I like Markey and I'm happy he won. His co-sponsoring the GND was a big deal and IMO got him the victory. 

But he's been in Congress for 44 years, voted for the crime bill, and voted for the Iraq War. It's interesting how he's become a symbol for the progressive left recently when he's been an establishment Dem like Biden for most of his career. He also dominated the white and highly educated portion of the Mass. electorate, while Kennedy was a favorite for the working class. We live in interesting times. 

Probably a sign that Biden should more aggressively talk about climate change. 

4 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I like Markey and I'm happy he won. His co-sponsoring the GND was a big deal and IMO got him the victory. 

But he's been in Congress for 44 years, voted for the crime bill, and voted for the Iraq War. It's interesting how he's become a symbol for the progressive left recently when he's been an establishment Dem like Biden for most of his career. He also dominated the white and highly educated portion of the Mass. electorate, while Kennedy was a favorite for the working class. We live in interesting times. 

Probably a sign that Biden all Dems should more aggressively talk about climate change. 

Fixed.

Edited by 406W30th
  • Hook 'Em 2

Worth a read. 

Not sure we can read too much into this race, since it's a very liberal state. But it's still a pretty fascinating result. 

Bernie didn't endorse Markey. This was a rejection of a political dynasty and affirmation that  getting younger voters engaged is important. AOC and the climate change movement seemed to lift up the Markey campaign and make him look fresh again.

Joe III seems to be a good dude with very similar political beliefs to Markey. He made mistakes early that damaged his campaign. 

These numbers are pretty crazy and hard to reconcile. 

3 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Worth a read. 

Not sure we can read too much into this race, since it's a very liberal state. But it's still a pretty fascinating result. 

Bernie didn't endorse Markey. This was a rejection of a political dynasty and affirmation that  getting younger voters engaged is important. AOC and the climate change movement seemed to lift up the Markey campaign and make him look fresh again.

Joe III seems to be a good dude with very similar political beliefs to Markey. He made mistakes early that damaged his campaign. 

These numbers are pretty crazy and hard to reconcile. 

Pod Save America did interviews with both Markey and Kennedy a few weeks back.  They were both pretty similar policy-wise.  IIRC, Kennedy's only argument seemed to be that Markey didn't spend enough time doing his actual job.  He honestly didn't have much else, so I'm not super surprised by this result.

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Pod Save America did interviews with both Markey and Kennedy a few weeks back.  They were both pretty similar policy-wise.  IIRC, Kennedy's only argument seemed to be that Markey didn't spend enough time doing his actual job.  He honestly didn't have much else, so I'm not super surprised by this result.

Read some stuff recently that Governor Charlie Baker (R) is so popular in Mass. they it’s created a traffic jam for Dems looking to ascend in the state. No one wants to challenge him. 

Yea if I’m remembering right, the Massachusetts legislature is completely dominated by Dems so he has no choice but to go with the flow. Anything he might try to veto, would just be overridden. Props him up and contributes to being a good guy from the viewpoint of Dems, but Republicans elsewhere call him RINO.

• Hook 'Em 1

I give Markey a lot of credit, because he did something a lot of Establishment Democrats won't do: adapt. 

The fact that he was able to be a progressive hero, while still getting endorsements from people like Chuck Schumer and Joe Manchin, was impressive.

I think it's a shame Joe Kennedy III was villainized in this race, but I get it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, thepop said:

NC is the important one here, but it’s hard not to laugh at McSally. 

Agreed on both counts.  The polls we've seen out of North Carolina over the past couple months are really giving me some security on that one.  It looks like it may come down to Maine.

Arizona looks to be shutting the door on the red trifecta in the legislature this election in time for redistricting and go full blue trifecta by 2022 with the governorship. Kelli Ward was a godsend.

If the numbers stay consistent with AZ, CO, and NC, I’m feeling pretty damn good about getting one of Maine, Iowa, or Montana. Stealth opportunities in SC with Harrison, and TX with Hegar and Alaska if Gross can get their name recognition up. 

• Like 1

Arizona looks to be shutting the door on the red trifecta in the legislature this election in time for redistricting and go full blue trifecta by 2022 with the governorship. Kelli Ward was a godsend.
If the numbers stay consistent with AZ, CO, and NC, I’m feeling pretty damn good about getting one of Maine, Iowa, or Montana. Stealth opportunities in SC with Harrison, and TX with Hegar and Alaska if Gross can get their name recognition up. 
Can the incumbent gov run again? I forget his name but I know he's Greg Abbott type popular.

The Kennedy family's key demographic is dying off. JFK and RFK were heroes to Boomers, but younger generations were not alive for them or were babies. They will have to win on issues and personal charisma pretty much from now on. They will get a little bump from the name, but there is not an emotional attachment to them among non-Boomers.

39 minutes ago, PsychMike said:

C'mon folks, eliminate 2 more meals a week to donate to my campaign! Also, eat ramen. Off brand, not that fancy ramen shit!

Definitely Ramen.  Can't find cans of soup in the store anyway, what with antifa stocking up and all.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, thepop said:

20 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

19 hours ago, gmr548 said:
21 hours ago, thepop said:

Good God the wheels have really fallen off for her

1 hour ago, PsychMike said:

C'mon folks, eliminate 2 more meals a week to donate to my campaign! Also, eat ramen. Off brand, not that fancy ramen shit!

1 hour ago, 27-25 said:

Definitely Ramen.  Can't find cans of soup in the store anyway, what with antifa stocking up and all.

INTO. MY. VEEEIIIIIIINS

361162-476344-hookitintomyveinsgif-nosca

The fact that the Left completely believes the President's insults to the military while the Right feels they need to strenuously object to it in A Few Good Men style, demonstrates that we all feel that he could very well have made these comments. 

Personally I think the people, who made these statements to the press, need to step forward with who they are.

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The fact that the Left completely believes the President's insults to the military while the Right feels they need to strenuously object to it in A Few Good Men style, demonstrates that we all feel that he could very well have made these comments. 

Exactly.  Anyone who has watched any of this shit show for 4 years knows that is EXACTLY the kind of this this fuckhead would say.  It's completely believable because he's done almost as bad before and he's a piece of shit human being.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Personally I think the people, who made these statements to the press, need to step forward with who they are.

i sympathize with them.  they'd be signing up for a lifetime of harassment and legitimate threats to their life.

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Pub Internal.

This seems..... unrealistic.  But it's obviously going to be closer than usual.  May help Hegar.

James is screwed. Republicans aren’t even playing offense anymore. 

james, Gardner, and mcsally are all goners. Unfortunately jones is too.

Edited by Voldemort86

Cornyn with 6 point lead over Hegar according to TX Data for Progress. Plenty of room to make up numbers,
Cornyn 46 Hegar 40
https://filesforprogress.org/datasets/2020/9/dfp_tx_survey_key_findings_sept4.pdf
I saw another recent poll, I dont know how legit that had Cornyn in high 30s and Hegar in the high 20s. Hegar has shown no signs of making this particularly competitive but Cornyn consistently below 50 percent in September is a tough look for an incumbent. Leaves the door open at least.