Jump to content
Patricio Swayze

Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Recommended Posts

Rocket had the first of two femoral head ostectomies yesterday. This one was on the worst side, the one where his hip was basically permanently dislocated because the joint was nonexistent. He's grumpy but less about pain and more because he can't jump on Edgar and keeps wacking into everything with the cone. They'll operate on the other side in a few months once this side is healed up.

6d6d9d2ccc0fb4b38a351aa9caef835f.jpg
f726919d2dcd7d17bcf4c419951ff673.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hes probably gonna have to wear the cone for a while,  you might want to look into a blow up donut cone of shame instead.   

Sadie flat out destroyed her cone of shame by purposly ramming the fucker into every wall she could find at full speed.   It became so cracked it could have been considered a saw blade, finally had to put her in the donut.   That worked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AUS-97HORN said:

hes probably gonna have to wear the cone for a while,  you might want to look into a blow up donut cone of shame instead.   

Sadie flat out destroyed her cone of shame by purposly ramming the fucker into every wall she could find at full speed.   It became so cracked it could have been considered a saw blade, finally had to put her in the donut.   That worked.

We tried the donut the last time he needed a cone and it deflated within a couple of hours. Had better luck with the soft cone but I think it will be too short for where his incision is this time. I wish we could get away with something smaller than the regular e-collar, though. Our house isn't big and he whacks it into everything just trying to get around. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fusca seems to be recovering well. It is really hard to keep her from not running or jumping. But her incision is healing well and she is putting weight on her leg. Her best friend Gabi is looking out for her.

cnxqumUe_o.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looked after the little, white, one-eyed dog this weekend. He starting hyperventilating in his sleep. Blue curled herself around him and laid her head on top of him until he stopped. Sweet girl. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I just put a deposit down on a pupper. AKC champion line Golden. Grew up with them my entire life but have waited till I have a home and am truly ready. Pupper will be ready to come home mid April. Any advice? What should I buy for the homecoming? How fucked am I?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/15/2020 at 5:20 PM, Patricio Swayze said:

Fusca seems to be recovering well. It is really hard to keep her from not running or jumping. But her incision is healing well and she is putting weight on her leg. Her best friend Gabi is looking out for her.

cnxqumUe_o.jpeg

 

On 2/15/2020 at 5:56 PM, BBQ2Bayou said:

^That's a mantel picture right there

Awesome photo, definitely a mantle piece.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TexanTraveling said:

So I just put a deposit down on a pupper. AKC champion line Golden. Grew up with them my entire life but have waited till I have a home and am truly ready. Pupper will be ready to come home mid April. Any advice? What should I buy for the homecoming? How fucked am I?

Fucked????  You're not, your life just improved 1000 fold.  Golden's are the saints of puppydom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2020 at 6:49 PM, TexanTraveling said:

So I just put a deposit down on a pupper. AKC champion line Golden. Grew up with them my entire life but have waited till I have a home and am truly ready. Pupper will be ready to come home mid April. Any advice? What should I buy for the homecoming? How fucked am I?

Advice. Don’t name him Pupper.  Enjoy every moment.  Their time goes by too swiftly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...