Mass College Admission Cheating Scandal

Js1

If the parents are known by the public, I assume we will know the names of their children next.  And since I assume the children at 18+, they're names don't need to be protected. I' m predicting some good comments from them in the near future. Some TMZ cameraman will get in their face, and then we get to learn their views on privilege.  Should be good.

• Like 3

it will be interesting if we ever find out who narked or who fucked up and let it slip

my money is on ties to USC (well they have the most participants so not a tough bet), but either one of their coaches or administrators got pissed off they were not in the free cash express and narked or one of the total bumble fucks they admitted bragged to their friends and fellow students and someone got pissed and called the feds

7 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

it will be interesting if we ever find out who narked or who fucked up and let it slip

my money is on ties to USC (well they have the most participants so not a tough bet), but either one of their coaches or administrators got pissed off they were not in the free cash express and narked or one of the total bumble fucks they admitted bragged to their friends and fellow students and someone got pissed and called the feds

Someone on deadspin quotes some language that said the Yale coach went to a parent directly to shake him down, and the FBI recorded that conversation.  The implication being that must have been an early part of this.

36 minutes ago, slorch said:

I heard this part in particular on the radio and it somewhat precipitated my academics vs athletics post earlier in this thread.  It still goes back to Tark's Cleveland State comments years ago.  The elephants of Bigtime NCAA football and hoops are running roughshod over integrity/ competition/ and education while Stanford sailing takes a mighty hit.

So typical.  This bust smacks of a the same backslapping as a marijuana raid while heroin and coke are everywhere.

you sound sympathetic to the bribers.  Did you do some dirty deal to get into Texas Tech? 

4 minutes ago, msbesq said:

Elisabeth Kimmel of Las Vegas, possibly a relative of Jimmy by blood or marriage, since he grew up there. Also Gordon Caplan, the Co-chair of one of the biggest lawfirms in the country. This is fantastic schadenfreude.

The best part of the Elisabeth Kimmel bit is that she looks like this:

kimmel_1_t300.jpg?8aff03de2423e912a2467e

And created a fake pole vaulting profile for her son, including using this photo of an apparently African-America kid:

kimmelpole19.jpg

1 minute ago, NowThis said:

you sound sympathetic to the bribers.  Did you do some dirty deal to get into Texas Tech? 

IT took top dollar to get in back in the early 90's  lol.  

Not sympathetic at all to the bribers.  I just get a kick out of the fucking parade these guys are throwing for their bust.  they haven't scratched the fucking surface yet, but they'll call it good.

29 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If the parents are known by the public, I assume we will know the names of their children next.  And since I assume the children at 18+, they're names don't need to be protected. I' m predicting some good comments from them in the near future. Some TMZ cameraman will get in their face, and then we get to learn their views on privilege.  Should be good.

Loughlins daughters are all over social media, fairly large following

depositphotos_161774146-stock-photo-oliv

1 hour ago, SquishMitten said:

If they were buying scholarships at private schools (which I assume aren’t supported by tax dollars) I don’t guess I care too much. Even more so when considering these smaller sports probably don’t max out their scholarship numbers anyway and no other kid is getting screwed out of a spot. BUT a lot of these are public universities, and the scholarships are public funds. And maybe more importantly for the FBI, you’re also dealing with tens of millions in untaxed income (unless these coaches and whatnot were declaring the additional income, which would be hilarious if true).

Fair point. Didn't think of that angle. Assumed the pay for play was to simply get them in the door and the scholarship was yanked after they quit the team. 

The tax angle is a big one if they really were writing off these bribes as charitable deductions. That's a whole other level of stupid. 

32 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

I had no idea there were such things as "legendary water polo" coaches.

If you can float a keg, you can float your teammate...wait wut?

maxresdefault.jpg

I wonder if people will see the difference between the obvious "privilege" here and "white privilege" which are two different things, and already mixed up all over social media.

Edited by Drew

1 minute ago, pops said:

Fair point. Didn't think of that angle. Assumed the pay for play was to simply get them in the door and the scholarship was yanked after they quit the team. 

The tax angle is a big one if they really were writing off these bribes as charitable deductions. That's a whole other level of stupid. 

look at the indictment or Hayden's post.  all these entities -- public and private -- get federal funds.  tax isn't really the issue.  it is fraudy fraud fraud of various stripes.