Jump to content
Hate

Getting old sucks

Recommended Posts

Yeah I’m in the ear pruning camp too. I think hairy ears are disgusting so I battle mine about three times a week


i use a lighter to clean that shit up. couple of quick waves of the wand and it’s gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

 


i use a lighter to clean that shit up. couple of quick waves of the wand and it’s gone.

 

I can't believe I've never thought of that. Pos rep you hairy bastard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn, the lighter trick seems pretty good. I have to use the trimmer for that and nose hair. Eyebrows are a whole different story. I get my haircut lady to trim them up once a month, but I have to get the tweezers out for the occasional unruly gray hair or the “how in the hell did that hair get that long” hair that occurs in between haircuts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Y'all know the Leatherman's tool was invented to pull out tufts of nose hair, right?

I'm deadass serious.

Edited by BearSchlong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2020 at 6:21 PM, Sbbruin said:

My distance vision remains very good.  But I can't read shit from shinola up close.  I have readers stashed all over the place.

 

Thanks Lat.  Sounds like a lot of 50 somethings around here.

Same for me.  Also 53

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2020 at 6:02 PM, Lat22 said:

After suffering with cheap ass readers the last 10 years, I just got home with my new contacts.  In fact, this is the first thing I've typed without glasses.  52.

 

Happy Birthday Bruin.

So tell m e more about the contacts? Are they bi-focal? Is one for close and the other for far? I've had 20/15 my whole life, but like you I've needed readers the past 8 or so years. (Just turned 50 in October). I've even looked into the one eyed lasik they are doing now, but doing one eye creeps me out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 here...after ignoring my seriously high blood pressure for years and getting married back in late December, i finally took it upon myself to see a cardiologist about it this past Monday.  he looked at my digital history of my BP readings and the 3 times they took it at his office and exclaimed "Holy fuck."  that's literally what he said.
the reason...my resting BP is around 220/180, what i learned is medically considered to be "hypertensive crisis"...been living with it like that for years.  and i'm not some overweight fatass...i work out on the reg, cardio, HIIT train...about 1.5 hours per day and stay active when i'm not doing that, don't eat hardly any processed food, etc.  
congenital and age, he said.
fuck all this shit.

It would have been better if he said “Kyrie Eleison”.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
About all I can manage is doing the stationary recumbent bike three or four times a week - 40 minute sessions each. Better than nothing, but then again anything more generates chest pain for me. That can suck major league donkey calls.


05fcb6f15ac54f51e558f8fb37e012a4.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, luke duke said:

 


05fcb6f15ac54f51e558f8fb37e012a4.jpg

 

Pretty sure Redd was in his early 50's when he was on Sanford and Son

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2020 at 6:21 PM, Sbbruin said:

My distance vision remains very good.  But I can't read shit from shinola up close.  I have readers stashed all over the place.

 

Thanks Lat.  Sounds like a lot of 50 somethings around here.

I see up close better than most 25 year olds. My distance vision is barely passable during the day, but not at night. No chance I’ll read a street sign in time to turn without glasses. 

I actually had my glasses made to correct my vision about halfway to perfect because I only wore them to drive, and with full correction to 20:15, I hated the time it took for my eyes to transition when I took them off. I also had a hard time seeing my speedometer (I don’t need bifocals) with my glasses at full correction.

I'm thinking of getting laser correction. My wife has that done by Dr. Stephen Dell (yes, Michael’s brother...he loves being asked that, btw) 20 years ago. He did such a nice job that I’d travel to have him do mine.

Has anyone here had laser eye surgery after age 55 (I’m actually closer to 60)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

I see up close better than most 25 year olds. My distance vision is barely passable during the day, but not at night. No chance I’ll read a street sign in time to turn without glasses. 

I actually had my glasses made to correct my vision about halfway to perfect because I only wore them to drive, and with full correction to 20:15, I hated the time it took for my eyes to transition when I took them off. I also had a hard time seeing my speedometer (I don’t need bifocals) with my glasses at full correction.

I'm thinking of getting laser correction. My wife has that done by Dr. Stephen Dell (yes, Michael’s brother...he loves being asked that, btw) 20 years ago. He did such a nice job that I’d travel to have him do mine.

Has anyone here had laser eye surgery after age 55 (I’m actually closer to 60)?

when it comes to eye surgery, it doesn't seem like there is much of a middle ground. it either went well or you are fucked 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/11/2020 at 9:47 AM, Pescado_Rojo said:

So tell m e more about the contacts? Are they bi-focal? Is one for close and the other for far? I've had 20/15 my whole life, but like you I've needed readers the past 8 or so years. (Just turned 50 in October). I've even looked into the one eyed lasik they are doing now, but doing one eye creeps me out. 

They're multifocal.  The vision isn't as perfect as wearing glasses, but the difference is night and day.  They can fine tune them for whatever distance you like. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2020 at 9:10 PM, Kyrie Eleison said:

 


i use a lighter to clean that shit up. couple of quick waves of the wand and it’s gone.

 

A little warm and a lot stinky, but it works!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 9/29/2019 at 9:59 AM, MNLonghornFUKM said:

How do i get rid of pain in a left finger top knuckle? I can push down on it with no pain at all..but if i curl it all of the way of "crack it" from the side...theres pain and its been this way since july.
 

I started to have problems with the joints in my right index finger about 6 months ago, especially the big E knuckle. 
3-A2-A5488-4129-474-C-8-BBD-2-BAA149-FAD

Initially, it responded well to one naproxen sodium a day, but it got worse. I didn’t want to take two doses a day because it’s an NSAID, but it had gotten to the point that I couldn’t bend it past 45 degrees, and even opening a jar was pretty damn painful. Forget lifting a curling bar or anything more strenuous.

I tried Tumeric capsules, but that didn’t do a damn thing. Then, the PharmD guy at my wife’s clinic suggested I take Qunol brand Tumeric. He had previously advised me to take Qunol CoQ10 because it was more absorbable than run-of-the-mill CoQ10.

One naproxen sodium and two Qunol Tumeric (taken 8-12 hours apart) seemed to go the trick. Then last week, we went out of town for 5 days without my Tumeric, and that knuckle flared up worse than ever. I had to take extra naproxen sodium.

As soon as we got back home, I resumed my regimen of 1 ns and 2 Tumeric, and I almost forget I have arthritis in that knuckle.

I am an unpaid spokesman. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny you post that now. I guess I haven’t really noticed my knuckle pain lately and it seems normal right now. No meds, just don’t think about it I guess. Too much Coronavirus browsing to notice my nagging pain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, mulletpelini said:

The more things you get, the more you want

Used to be that way. Now I'm more quality over quantity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Funny you post that now. I guess I haven’t really noticed my knuckle pain lately and it seems normal right now. No meds, just don’t think about it I guess. Too much Coronavirus browsing to notice my nagging pain

it's funny that I even remembered that you had posted something about your finger pain 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2020 at 2:48 PM, Dennis Taylor said:

when it comes to eye surgery, it doesn't seem like there is much of a middle ground. it either went well or you are fucked 

Had both of my eyes done for cataracts, but the left eye still needs retina surgery. That was scheduled next month but of course is now canceled. Right eye is 20/20, left eye is better but still can’t see shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Had both of my eyes done for cataracts, but the left eye still needs retina surgery. That was scheduled next month but of course is now canceled. Right eye is 20/20, left eye is better but still can’t see shit.

Damn that sucks , good luck Brat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Had both of my eyes done for cataracts, but the left eye still needs retina surgery. That was scheduled next month but of course is now canceled. Right eye is 20/20, left eye is better but still can’t see shit.

Cataract? No, he dlive a Rincoln....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...