Stupid vanity license plates

GhostOfTomJoad

8 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I got my UT themed vanity plate in 1979 when I was a senior at UT and have had it ever since.  Back then you got new ones every year so I have quite a stack of them. 

Stripper themed would be better 

Edited by Dennis Taylor

It seems to me it was either $10 or $15 over the regular fee, but shit I’m lucky if I remember where I parked most days. There wasn’t any online back then. You filled out a form and put three choices in order of preference and mailed it in with a check and eventually you would find out what you got. I think you could go to the tax office and wait in line and they would look up 3 choices and tell you if they were available. I sent in a form at the beginning of the 1978/1979 school year on a whim and ended up with them. Once you had the plates you could keep them as long as you renewed them on time. Shortly before the Cotton Bowl that year I was offered $1,000 from some big wig alum to give them up to him.

Saw a truck thursday while driving home near OKC. Tribal plates, otherwise he'd have no shot. "N8tive", also had a sticker on the back window of his regular cab Sierra. "War Pony" with a dreamcatcher in it. Topped it off with an ou sticker.