Men's fashion. The dumb stuff.

Parliament

7 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

There's some weird stuff in this thread, and I'm having none of it.  I wear shorts 90% of the time I'm not at work.  The other 10% I wear jeans, regular relaxed fit jeans and white tennis shoes.   I guess I have some grungy pants for yard work.  Cargo shorts for life bros. 

Question for the board: Cargo pants, yes/no?  

Edited by Parliament

4 hours ago, Parliament said:

Question for the board: Cargo pants, yes/no?  

The best thing about cargo pants..... the carry capacity is so high, you could pack in an extra pair of cargos in the pockets, just in case you soil the ones you're already wearing.

• Like 1

I can't do the stretchy denim thing.  I tried.  I tried on a bunch of pairs that looked like jeans, but felt like thick loose running tights.  Just couldn't do it.  I finally just admitted to the sales clerk, "I'm just not ready for stretchy jeans." 

I'm still barely hanging in there style-wise, but I'm getting to the age where my clothing needs to be "age-appropriate" or it's just embarrassing.  Some 40+ year old dudes can pull it off; I'm afraid not me.

35 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

The best thing about cargo pants..... the carry capacity is so high, you could pack in an extra pair of cargos in the pockets, just in case you soil the ones you're already wearing.

yo_dawg.jpg

Cargo pants and cargo shorts are very utilitarian.  It's just that they are completely out of style now.  They've gone the way of jorts.  Now if you wear them you are making a bad fashion statement.  I still buy shorts with extra pockets, but the pockets are flat and sort of disguised.  Win/win.

18 hours ago, d2o said:

incorrect, just am able to carry all that I need in the pockets of my jeans.  

Hiking in jeans? No thanks. Since you can't wear an IWB holster with a pack on, that means your pretty well stuck with pocket carry. A cargo pocket is handy for keys, knife, flashlight, beef jerky, etc that would normally go in that pocket while hiking.

20 hours ago, Ojo Rojo said:

I can't do the stretchy denim thing.  I tried.  I tried on a bunch of pairs that looked like jeans, but felt like thick loose running tights.  Just couldn't do it.  I finally just admitted to the sales clerk, "I'm just not ready for stretchy jeans." 

I'm still barely hanging in there style-wise, but I'm getting to the age where my clothing needs to be "age-appropriate" or it's just embarrassing.  Some 40+ year old dudes can pull it off; I'm afraid not me.

I agree.  The wife picked up a pair of Levi's from Costco the other day.  They looked fine, but I could not wear them.  I tried them on 2-3 times, but that stretchy denim isn't for me.  I took them back to Costco and the lady at the counter said several men were returning them for the same reason.

1 hour ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Hiking in jeans? No thanks. Since you can't wear an IWB holster with a pack on, that means your pretty well stuck with pocket carry. A cargo pocket is handy for keys, knife, flashlight, beef jerky, etc that would normally go in that pocket while hiking.

This.  I have one pair of cargo shorts that is worn only when I go hiking. 

3 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Is hiking the only way one can be outside?    Who the fuck said anything about hiking?

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

So despite OPs comment is this now a thread to make fun of grown ass men wearing cargos and flip flops? If so, I have a lot to say.

Cargos, yes. Flip flops are the only footwear we should be required to own.