The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

14 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Never heard of a Redid, but being I got unburdened of all my guitars awhile back in a burglary, my guitar addict friend who gifted me a Telecaster last year informed me this es335 copy hanging on his wall was my birthday present. Fucking love it.IMG_20230405_220233383.thumb.jpg.63613bad40002232d5cd936d82521492.jpg

Happy Birthday!

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Never heard of a Redid, but being I got unburdened of all my guitars awhile back in a burglary, my guitar addict friend who gifted me a Telecaster last year informed me this es335 copy hanging on his wall was my birthday present. Fucking love it.IMG_20230405_220233383.thumb.jpg.63613bad40002232d5cd936d82521492.jpg

That’s a good friend.  Congrats!

• Hook 'Em 2

35 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

He is. We're both mid-50s now and have known each other since 9th grade. Hated him when I first met him. 😄

Well, if your good friends are like my good friends, there is a strong likelihood he's not just a good friend, but a fucking asshole.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Cool friend!

Hope you’re red/green color blind. 👍

• Hook 'Em 1

Thanks!  Was a fun thing to do.

13 minutes ago, sidis said:

cross posting this with the share my music thread since this thread gets a lot more views.  as much as we all love to give @Goredho shit for buying a guitar every day, at least the dude can put them to work.  here's a track i wrote that i was happy with but it lacked some soulful soloing to take it up a notch so i asked goredho to write and perform some solos on top of what i had already done.  the solo in the intro and the dueling guitars solo in the second half of the chorus are him burning shit up.

• Like 2

Bought a guitar, so selling a couple guitars, If anyone is interested.  My Surly friends price is $800 each shipped.

Highway 1 Strat w/Texas Specials custom shop pickups - this is a seriously badass guitar, but I got another Strat that is slightly more badass.

image.thumb.jpeg.6aab4f4ae5785c0b1c906b8ab9eea080.jpeg

Tone demo of this guitar (kinda falls apart at the end)

Reverend Club King 290 - Also a great guitar with raunchy P90s and a bigs - $850 shipped

image.thumb.jpeg.cc4ae280cbb80fad0958154d44245fa9.jpeg

Tone demo of this guitar

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Is that highway 1 a USA?

Yeah, it’s USA, nitro, has some wear.  I can provide more pics if you want.  It’s a 2007 fender special run and has the small pre-CBS headstock and 2 tone sunburst finish differentiating it from the mainline Highway 1s at the time.

Edited by Goredho

1 hour ago, Deej said:

What happens when you review SRV while riding a Sybian. 

So I watched that whole thing and that woman is beyond annoying. 

The exaggeration over aspects of the video in the first third of the video make he seem low a low IQ pre-teen… and she’s not either of those. 

She is highly educated and intelligent, but perhaps she has found that acting like a fan girl whose mind is being blown is what gets her more likes and comments down below. 

After suffering through that one woman show, I doubt that I will watch another of her videos. 

I don’t know whether she was raised abroad, home schooled, or is really in her 40s and went to an anally retentive prep school, but she was taught and uses proper formal English that is not even required anymore.

She has a map of the world above her keyboard and she referenced surfing, which is not something that one would ever expect a dainty music nerd girl to have extensive knowledge of, so there is a lot there beyond her music knowledge. But if you think that I’m going to sit through another faux Sybian ride from that chica, you can forget it. 

TLDR: She bugs me.

36 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

So I watched that whole thing and that woman is beyond annoying. 

The exaggeration over aspects of the video in the first third of the video make he seem low a low IQ pre-teen… and she’s not either of those. 

She is highly educated and intelligent, but perhaps she has found that acting like a fan girl whose mind is being blown is what gets her more likes and comments down below. 

New to "reaction videos", are you?  It's the whole schtick.  It's terrible.

I've had that happen.  I feel like it was ernie balls (would have most likely been ernie balls) but I attributed it to them floating around in cases during warped tour, which was a very sweaty time. but.. yeah shouldn't really be a thing given they are sealed up.

Still loving the gold top. Hot like buckers but with a lot more clarity. I pulled down my duo jet to do some ABing because that's the biggest.... vibe similarity I'm currently feeling between it and other guitars i have around. Of course it is a lot hotter than the Gretsch. I've also played it a ton unplugged because that's my life these days - it is set up super well and really nice to play. Loving it. Gotta go do all my nightly cleaning so I can sit on the couch with the gold top and the Isbell documentary. I tried to get a clip of it plugged in the other day but it was just garbage with my phone in front of the matchless. Wife texted me asking why the baby monitor was firing alerts in the middle of the day lol

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Anyone ever pulled out new strings that already had corrosion spots on them?

Went to restring the PRS with a set of Ernie Balls that were still in the pack and the G has some rust spots on it. Weird.

They make those special for people who buy new jeans with holes already in them.

• Like 1

A good while back I floated the idea of installing P90's on a Memphis ES335...my wrench told me flatly he would not do it. Happy I listened.

So I did the next best thing & picked up an R6 & 290 SC.  Get a few offers on the Collings but can't let it go. 

51834669571_bffab87f48_b.jpg

Edited by noharleyyet
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1