Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

18 minutes ago, Scholz said:

For leading in his recruitment.  And putting in work to get us there.  Zero acknowledgment from the haters here.  Meanwhile kids who haven't committed by Spring Break of their JR years is a capital offense.  Can't have one and not the other.

Give it up, Texas could sign Dobrah, Collins, Broughton, and the Arizona kid and people would still bitch about Umanmielen going somewhere else.

• Like 3

Just now, Bevo said:

That is a lot of ifs. The guy hasn't started in college and you are acting like he will leave early for the draft. There are way too many unknowns for that. Shit, by your standard we need to worry about every 2018 recruit. And that would hold true for 2019 and 2020 as well. Gone are the days where we take guys as fillers and package deals.

I’m not acting like anything. I said “if” in both of my posts and it was brought up to show that there are situations where we might need more depth at corner. I didn’t say Green will absolutely declare.

The last two years we’ve  had guys declare knowing they either wouldn’t get drafted or would go in the last 3 rounds. Green is an extremely talented player, much more so than most recruits, even in our #3 2018 and 2019 classes.

If he puts even one good year of tape up, he’ll likely be gone after the 2020 season. Saying there’s a possibility he declares early and discussing our depth if he does is perfectly reasonable. 

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

Give it up, Texas could sign Dobrah, Collins, Broughton, and the Arizona kid and people would still bitch about Umanmielen going somewhere else.

If that haul happened people would shut right the fuck up about Giles. Look at Warehime last cycle (missed Cupp, landed Liebrock and Wiley).

• Like 1

I'm just glad we're getting to rehash the exact same fucking argument for the 743rd time. 

Not only does no one ever change their mind, the actual.discussion solves absolutely nothing.

But hey, in the end, it can be a fuckload of posts about the same shit or it can be weeks of shitposting to get the thread to some irrational number of pages for no reason.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Well golly.  I guess that's one life goal I missed out on.

I like how you call people stupid who you disagree with right off the bat. I'll try to be more like that.

Right off the bat? This argument has been going on for what, 4 pages now over 2 days? Listen, it took a lot of restraint to wait this long before implying that you are really fucking stupid. But don't let that stop you from attempting to claim some kind of moral high ground when you literally posted that the people who disagree with you have, what was it, No Character? Just like 20 minutes ago. Look in the mirror, dude. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, HtownHorn said:

You throwing yourself in this camp is so great.

I already said yesterday that if we sign 3/4 of our targets, especially if those include Broughton and Collins, I’ll have 0 complaints about our 2020 DL recruiting, including Giles’ role in it.

3 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I’m not acting like anything. I said “if” in both of my posts and it was brought up to show that there are situations where we might need more depth at corner. I didn’t say Green will absolutely declare.

The last two years we’ve  had guys declare knowing they either wouldn’t get drafted or would go in the last 3 rounds. Green is an extremely talented player, much more so than most recruits, even in our #3 2018 and 2019 classes.

If he puts even one good year of tape up, he’ll likely be gone after the 2020 season. Saying there’s a possibility he declares early and discussing our depth if he does is perfectly reasonable. 

Comparing what kids recruited by a completely different staff are doing to kids recruited by Herman's staff might do seems to be something a retard would do.

Edited by HtownHorn

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

You throwing yourself in this camp is so great.

I already said yesterday that if we sign 3/4 of our targets, especially if those include Broughton and Collins, I’ll have 0 complaints about our 2020 DL recruiting, including Giles’ role in it.

I don't believe you.

• Like 1

Comparing what kids recruited by a completely different staff are doing to kids recruited by Herman's staff seems to be something a retard would do.

This coming from the guy who doesn’t even understand what sunk cost means and thinks NCAA schools not selling jerseys with players’ numbers on it is an argument for not compensating players is pretty great.

Keep it up. I enjoy seeing you attempt to claim intellectual superiority. Got any other good arguments? 

I don't believe you.

BJq6.gif

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Right off the bat? This argument has been going on for what, 4 pages now over 2 days? Listen, it took a lot of restraint to wait this long before implying that you are really fucking stupid. But don't let that stop you from attempting to claim some kind of moral high ground when you literally posted that the people who disagree with you have, what was it, No Character? Just like 20 minutes ago. Look in the mirror, dude. 

Yeah, right off the bat yesterday.  Learn to read, whiny bitch.  And yes, you have no character.  I stand by that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scholz said:

Yeah, right off the bat yesterday.  Learn to read, whiny bitch.  And yes, you have no character.  I stand by that.

"Right off the bat yesterday" he amends, even after he quotes a post from 5 minutes ago with which to make his case. You haven't said shit that anyone here has failed to read. Maybe you can go edit one of your previous posts from the last 20 minutes so you don't seem like a nonsensical ass. Although, that would seem inconsistent with a man of Character. 

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

"Right off the bat yesterday" he amends, even after he quotes a post from 5 minutes ago with which to make his case. You haven't said shit that anyone here has failed to read. Maybe you can go edit one of your previous posts from the last 20 minutes so you don't seem like a nonsensical ass. Although, that would seem inconsistent with a man of Character. 

This conversation started yesterday, dipshit.  A non-retard would understand right off the bat to mean at the beginning of the conversation.  Apparently that isn't you.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

Ok so how many pages of this regurgitation of "I know you are but what am I" do we have to skip this time before ya'll drop it....

I had dropped it, sir. I'm less inclined to do so today when I was asked a direct question, and Princess Scholz lost his shit when, shockingly, I didn't really feel like sucking off the work ethic of Oscar Giles for a player that hasn't committed yet based on a report authored by a 9.95er. But yes, lets follow the Scholz method to give credit to Oscar Giles for a player who hasn't even committed to Texas yet and who is being personally recruited by Tom Herman (per the same 9.95 reports). That seems like a great idea. 

[mention=3]blacklab[/mention], please do something about this. Anything.
Completely agree. You idiots do realize that the last 500 posts are 95% a couple of you regurgitating the same freaking arguments about Giles?

Could guys please go get laid or something? You seem to have a lot of pent up hostility.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Machinator said:

@blacklab, please do something about this. Anything.

Yes, Blacklab ... I'm about to kick a puppy. 

EDIT: Sorry ... did not see that you had already arrived. Thank you. Come back to the thread thinking there's news because it had gained a ton of posts and it's just a few posters who can't see one molecule beyond their own ego who think this is the place for that. 

Edited by Hornius Emeritus

Just now, Hornius Emeritus said:

I think Temple's Quentin Johnston has more upside. 

We could form a class with both of them in it. Omeire is your X, Quentin the track-star Z that the staff covets. No matter, there's still Johnny Wilson, and other targets will come out.

Epps' emergence at the X makes this even less of a concern.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Is he playing well?

He has good hands and runs 9s with the best of them.

I bet he's a legit player in a year. And he's still going to have to fight for snaps with Marcus Washington, Bru, and Eagles.

Edited by Machinator
  • Like 1

E.J. Holland: Five-star WR Johnny Wilson on UT's push, biggest recruiting factor

Johnny Wilson always thought he was going to stay closer to home to play his college ball. But that’s not necessarily the case anymore. Wilson included a couple of school in different parts of the country in his final five and is becoming more and more intrigued by the idea of leaving the West Coast. “Really, I’ve been in California my whole life,” Wilson said. “Getting to see new things and experience new things is interesting to me. Playing in a different conference is something else. There are a lot of opportunities outside of here. Knowing that made it easier to look at schools outside of California.”

Texas has been making a huge push for Wilson. Obviously, the Longhorns had plenty of success in California last cycle, and the staff has a good feel on how to recruit top talent from out West. UT wide receivers coach Drew Mehringer was instrumental in reeling in Bru McCoy last cycle and is up to his old tricks with Wilson. “I just talked to Coach Drew a couple of days ago,” Wilson said. “It’s a lot about life. It’s more than just football. He’s a good guy. I’ve learned a lot from him just talking to him on the phone. I have a pretty good relationship with him.”

California natives De’Gabriel Floyd and Collin Johnson have also been involved in helping recruit Wilson. “I just talked to Gabe a couple of days ago,” Wilson said. “We have each other on SnapChat, so I was just chopping it up with him. Collin Johnson hit me up on Twitter not too long ago. He just told me how great the school was and how I need to get down there for a visit.”

Along with Texas, Wilson is still considering Oregon, UCLA, Washington and Ohio State. So what’s going to be the biggest factor in his recruitment moving forward? “How they use big wide receivers in their offense,” Wilson said. “Like Texas, they do a good job of using their big wide receivers. That’s a huge thing for me. Really, that’s the biggest thing for me.” Wilson will visit Oregon on April 20. That is the only trip he has set in stone at this time.

At 6-foot-6, 220 pounds, Wilson is ranked as the No. 4 wide receiver and No. 25 overall prospect in the country, per 247Sports Composite.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Machinator said:

He has good hands and runs 9s with the best of them.

I bet he's a legit player in a year. And he's still going to have to fight for snaps with Marcus Washington, Bru, and Eagles.

I never thought he would catch on at that position. Good projecting by the staff. 

On 3/18/2019 at 9:48 AM, golfclap said:

So what I'm saying is that I am going to start negging the fuck out of every stupid motherfucker that comes in here and starts fucking whining about motherfucking Oscar Giles. Esp. in fucking March. WE ALREADY KNOW. EVERYONE knows. 

Skips ahead 7 pages...

Don't think they take you serious, B.

• Haha 1

E.J. Holland: Four-star RB Jo’Quavious Marks remains interested in Texas

Jo’Quavious Marks is taking his time with recruiting. The four-star running back out of Atlanta Carver (GA) holds offers from several major programs. But he is in the process of setting up official visits and narrowing down his lengthy list. “A lot of schools are standing out,” Marks said. “I’m going to chop it down next month. I’m supposed to visit LSU and Mississippi State soon. I know I’m going to make official visits to Penn State and Texas.”

Marks was actually supposed to make an unofficial visit to Texas in the fall, but weather ruined his plans while he was at the airport. Marks, however, is excited to finally make it to Austin and has been building a strong relationship with the Texas staff, specifically Director of Recruiting Bryan Carrington and running backs coach Stan Drayton. “I like the coaches,” Marks said. “They are all hyped up about me. Coach Bryan (Carrington) is my guy. I also love Stan Drayton as a coach. He is a good running backs coach. I also like the education at Texas. I want to major in sports medicine, and they have a good program for that.”

Marks added that he was impressed with UT’s signature win over Georgia in the Sugar Bowl this past season. “It was big,” Marks said. “They beat a good team from the SEC, so that was really impressive.” Marks wants to make a decision closer to the end of the calendar year. At 5-foot-11, 190 pounds, Marks is ranked as the No. 12 running back and No. 137 overall prospect in the country, per 247Sports Composite.