Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

38 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

They all knew. But the business model doesn’t like drama free commitments so if the recruit won’t provide the drama then the 9.95ers will...until the last second so they don’t look wrong in retrospect. 

A good tweak for the 9.95ers would be to pay small sum to players to push back their commitment date a few days. Everybody blew off the stuff about CTJ “wavering” until he postponed his announcement. 

9.95er-“Hey CTJ can you tweet out that you’re postponing your commitment for 3 days? We’ll give you $1,000.”

CTJ- sounds great.

Thompson's commitment today pushes Texas above OU and into 13th place, with 13 commitments. The real fun begins when Jerrin Thompson commits which would push Texas into the top 10(8th) and in front of aggy.

But remember we have punted on the 2020 class.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 4
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Thompson's commitment today pushes Texas above OU and into 13th place, with 13 commitments. The real fun begins when Jerrin Thompson commits which would push Texas into the top 10(8th) and in front of aggy.

Thompson, Thompson, and Crawford sounds like a decent law firm 

7 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Yep and that's likely about where we'll end up when it's all said and done.  Not a big enough class to jump into the top 5 without some seriously good fortune.  We'd need guys like Ringo and Wilson to end up in the class, which doesn't seem likely at this point.

How is this possible when we’ve already waived the white flag on 2020?

5 minutes ago, Stampeder said:

Yep and that's likely about where we'll end up when it's all said and done.  Not a big enough class to jump into the top 5 without some seriously good fortune.  We'd need guys like Ringo and Wilson to end up in the class, which doesn't seem likely at this point.

Ringo certainly seems gone to Georgia, but it’s hard for me to 100% rule him out of this class until the ink dries. Bryant Westbrook is his position coach, for crying out loud. He plays at the high school where Tim Beck used to coach. He spent his entire spring break in Austin. Whatever Georgia is throwing out there to overcome our advantages in that recruitment must be powerful as hell. The recent Robinson and Broughton recruitments have taught me not to write any of these guys off, entirely, though. 

• Like 2

When is jerrin Thompson supposed to commit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, Chili dog said:

Ringo certainly seems gone to Georgia, but it’s hard for me to 100% rule him out of this class until the ink dries. Bryant Westbrook is his position coach, for crying out loud. He plays at the high school where Tim Beck used to coach. He spent his entire spring break in Austin. Whatever Georgia is throwing out there to overcome our advantages in that recruitment must be powerful as hell. The recent Robinson and Broughton recruitments have taught me not to write any of these guys off, entirely, though. 

I am sure mom is getting taken care of, that is more often than not how these things go. Single moms are easy targets, and if a kid can secure his mom’s future by sticking a different logo on his helmet that is pretty tough to pass up. I am not sure how many dirty recruitments actually come down to some middle aged balding guy handing a kid 100k in a pillow case in a publix parking lot.

Edited by Vertigo
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chili dog said:

imgur
/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png" />

8 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I am sure mom is getting taken care of, that is more often than not how these things go. Single moms are easy targets, and if a kid can secure his mom’s future by sticking a different logo on his helmet that is pretty tough to pass up. I am not sure how many dirty recruitments actually come down to some middle aged balding guy handing a kid 100k in a pillow case in a publix parking lot.

On behalf of middle-aged bald guys everywhere, I thank you. 

Edited by Junior Bonner