Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

18 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:
38 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:
BON is a miserable, wretched place. I haven’t been on that website in years. Westcott completely ruined it.
I forget their names but the two guys before Westcott made BON pretty good, and Westcott turned that place into a flaming trash heap with his incessant crying wolf about aggy taking over the state and his uninformed gnashing of teeth when guys like Scott commit to some lower school that would actually take his offer.

Read more  

Peter, right? Peter Bean maybe? He was great.

Didn’t this guy flame out on drugs or something?

1 minute ago, NoName said:

ignore it, and listen to the barking carnival one, nobis60, Kip's Big Boy and WW McClyde.

somehow both way better and more off the rails. 

BC guys read better than they listen IMO.

- Horncast is a podcast network which is/was managed by @OnAComputer This includes Barking Carnival & 4th and 5.

- Longhorn Blitz - they now have Roach for recruiting as part of the show

- BON-Longhorn Republic

-Longhorn Confidential is Brian Davis' as the MC with Bohls and Golden as guests.

- Fire Tom Herman

- Eyes of TX is the IT podcast with Nahlin & Wells

- The Hook'em huddle I expect to start up during season again

- The Audible and Yahoo College podcast are good for national CFB

- Stick to Football is good for NFL and CFB, they are longhorn fans.

- Ten12 is ok for our league

- 104.9 when Joe Cook is a guest, usually Monday's at 11AM. I would pass on Wells on Wednesday@12.

- FCB can have some good info on his morning show but you have to be a masochist to listen to that show.

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Bam Bam Sam said:

Tunmise said a while back he knows where Princely is going. If that's true (which I suspect it may not be), maybe the fact that he's calling him 4i Princely actually bodes well for us. That would also couple with that report from TFB that Texas seems to be trending hard with him.

chris pratt mind blown GIF by Omaze

This gentleman here knows how to read between the lines. And I wholeheartedly agree with his conclusion. Put him in the calculator.

32 minutes ago, Goodman said:

BC guys read better than they listen IMO.

- Horncast is a podcast network which is/was managed by @OnAComputer This includes Barking Carnival & 4th and 5.

- Longhorn Blitz - they now have Roach for recruiting as part of the show

- BON-Longhorn Republic

-Longhorn Confidential is Brian Davis' as the MC with Bohls and Golden as guests.

- Fire Tom Herman

- Eyes of TX is the IT podcast with Nahlin & Wells

- The Hook'em huddle I expect to start up during season again

- The Audible and Yahoo College podcast are good for national CFB

- Stick to Football is good for NFL and CFB, they are longhorn fans.

- Ten12 is ok for our league

- 104.9 when Joe Cook is a guest, usually Monday's at 11AM. I would pass on Wells on Wednesday@12.

- FCB can have some good info on his morning show but you have to be a masochist to listen to that show.

I also enjoy Big12 country.  They always get a guest that covers a specific team, some good info from behind enemy lines.

2 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

I also enjoy Big12 country.  They always get a guest that covers a specific team, some good info from behind enemy lines.

I could give them another try, I listened to 1 episode and deleted. They are ou and osu fans hating on us before last year and try to make some kid part of the show, it did not go well.

4 minutes ago, Goodman said:

I could give them another try, I listened to 1 episode and deleted. They are ou and osu fans hating on us before last year and try to make some kid part of the show, it did not go well.

They  take some shots at UT..as they do with West Va fans.. but it's nothing unbearable imo.  They had a good Longhorn review this past week.  Derek Duke contributed on it as well.  It's not like RJ Young's preview where he had the new athletic guy who covers the horns on there (didn't know what the lightning package was).

17 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

12 minutes ago, Goodman said:

I thought that pain and truth were things that really mattered
But you can't stay here with every single hope you had shattered
I'm not expecting to grow flowers in a desert
But I can live and breathe
And see the sun in wintertime

• Like 1

Oh I agree he's a take. I've always said that. I'm a big proponent of loading up on DL talent this year. I meant that I could still see Princely deciding to go elsewhere despite the recent report that Texas leads. He seems to be looking for a reason not to go to Texas. He'd play a lot earlier at OU too.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I’d like to see us take him and Collins simply for the screenshots the bot will post on the Jimbo thread
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NoName said:

ignore it, and listen to the barking carnival one, nobis60, Kip's Big Boy and WW McClyde.

somehow both way better and more off the rails. 

I listened to the one that came out recently, and it was horrifically bad. Terrible jokes, everything is somehow sexualised, and it didn't seem like they had any insight that I didn't have. I turned it off half way through. 

• Like 2

Just now, Bolero88 said:

I listened to the one that came out recently, and it was horrifically bad. Terrible jokes, everything is somehow sexualised, and it didn't seem like they had any insight that I didn't have. I turned it off half way through. 

Yeah, the BC pod is horrible. Nobis60 is extremely knowledgeable about football, and I wish he wrote more on BC, but the jokes that aren’t funny followed by a minute of laughter and all the other crap you have to trudge through to hear him talk football is not worth it in the slightest. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bolero88 said:

They're good and funny dudes but they read much better unless in person. One of the guys tries to keep the show on cadence and moving fwd but McClyde steps on his dick by going "best joke ever" too often and Connery is a tired bit.

3 hours ago, TommyGufano said:

While the BOMC is well documented and an undeniable fact of recruiting rankings, some guys will slip a bit as well. Seems the interior OL haven't put their best foot forward at camps, so I suspect they'll drop. That said, in my mind, Bijan is the only guy on that list who Alfred Collins should be looking up at. I'll strenuously object if he isn't a top-50 guy in this class whether he ends up in burnt orange or not. Basically I'm saying the likeliest outcome is the ranking movements netting out at approx zero.

Oh! You strenuously object. Then I’ll take some time and reconsider. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Guys can leave and our WR room will still be stacked. Guys Transferring out because of the talent of a position just helps separate the chaff so that we don’t get too bloated numbers-wise and we can keep taking high end talent every year.

If it’s the right CB, like Rogers or Ringo, we should and likely would absolutely take 3 CBs. Rogers is a really special talent. He looked unbelievably good at the Opening for a guy who doesn’t play CB right now. He was staying with some of the best receivers in the country purely by relying on naturals talent and athleticism. Once he trains at CB for a year and gets his technique down, he could be really special. 

You worry too much about specific position fits. Players change, schemes change. We should take the 5 most talented DBs we can, and there’s likely to be a huge talent gap between someone like Rogers and whoever we could land as a third safety, barring clipping both CTJ and Washington.

We have 0 S commits. We’ll have one after this weekend with only Alford being a realistic S target that’s not committed elsewhere, and he doesn’t seem all that likely to end up at UT. Crawford also has a ton of potential at Nickel. 

There is a specific skill set required to play nickel or joker in this defense and I think you are just glosssing over that reality. We definitely need to recruit for specific positions. 

6 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Looch on twitter after Eaton commits to aggy:

"While Tom Herman tried to slow this recruitment down and get back in it, Jimbo Fisher was not going to be denied on this one.  The reality  is, and we've now seen this numerous times, is that when Fisher really wants someone, Herman is pretty much helpless"

spacer.png

Typical Liucci talking out of his ass 

• Like 4
  • Fuck You 2

Looch on twitter after Eaton commits to aggy:
"While Tom Herman tried to slow this recruitment down and get back in it, Jimbo Fisher was not going to be denied on this one.  The reality  is, and we've now seen this numerous times, is that when Fisher really wants someone, Herman is pretty much helpless"

That's good. Almost makes me think you're... Looch.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Yeah, the BC pod is horrible. Nobis60 is extremely knowledgeable about football, and I wish he wrote more on BC, but the jokes that aren’t funny followed by a minute of laughter and all the other crap you have to trudge through to hear him talk football is not worth it in the slightest. 

This is what I felt too. Way too much dick humor, not enough football analysis. Also it seemed like they're about 3 months behind with what we expect to see beginning 8/31.  

11 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

This is fun

image.png.99c661f852594ebe948c072ab6f31224.png

image.png.a2de229d71eacd5977c791abdab123a5.png

image.png.a6a7dd80dc43c6a772e43052a0dc1f18.png

aggy is getting borderline 3/4 star guys.  Just like the kid that KU thinks they "stole" from Herman.  Those guys might turn out to be good players but there is no reason to think the Texas staff preferred them over the players they actually committed.

13 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

Just like the kid that KU thinks they "stole" from Herman.

Should nickname him 'Duramax':  strong, fast, but can't change direction quickly worth a flip.

*I kid, hope he works out and graduates with a degree - and catches a case of the green-apple-squirts the night before he plays us.    

2 hours ago, Newy25 said:

There is a specific skill set required to play nickel or joker in this defense and I think you are just glosssing over that reality. We definitely need to recruit for specific positions. 

Let’s file this one under “No shit, Sherlock.”

You may be taking my post too literally. I wasn’t saying just ignore position fit entirely, but if we already have 2 safeties and 2 CBs, forcing the fifth DB to be a safety when we don’t have a good option there, instead of taking someone like Rogers would be foolish. Especially when both Thompson and Crawford have the potential to play Nickel. 

Edited by Burt Macklin

52 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Let’s file this one under “No shit, Sherlock.”

You may be taking my post too literally. I wasn’t saying just ignore position fit entirely, but if we already have 2 safeties and 2 CBs, forcing the fifth DB to be a safety when we don’t have a good option there, instead of taking someone like Rogers would be foolish. Especially when both Thompson and Crawford have the potential to play Nickel. 

I’m glad you are here to impart your vast wisdom on us all. And to be a total cunt.