Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

6 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Take a look at Jimbo's FSU classes, and try reconciling it with his performance as a head coach. Apart from one year where Charlie Strong did less with more, nobody has done less with more. And now, he's coaching somewhere where he doesn't even have more.

Preview5.png

They paid the equivalent of fat-Mack from 2009 $75 MILLION.  It still makes me laugh.  

Just now, irishtexan said:

What's the volleyball story? I thought "jimbo getting smashed in the face with a voleyball" was a metaphor for how the pool party went. 

Since it definitely, actually, definitively, CONFIRMED happened, it's more hypodiegesis than metaphor.

6 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

What's the volleyball story? I thought "jimbo getting smashed in the face with a voleyball" was a metaphor for how the pool party went. 

A very well connected person who has an insider that was an eye witness 100% legit said Princely a spiked a ball very hard and hit Fisher in the face during a game of volleyball in the pool at A&Ms recruiting event. Fisher then stormed out of the pool and and the coaches and commits stopped talking to Princely for the rest of the event. Which explains Princely suddenly have interest in Texas again. This legit happened as described, 100% facts.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

A very well connected person who has an insider that was an eye witness 100% legit said Princely a spiked a ball very hard and hit Fisher in the face during a game of volleyball in the pool at A&Ms recruiting event. Fisher then stormed out of the pool and and the coaches and commits stopped talking to Princely for the rest of the event. Which explains Princely suddenly have interest in Texas again. This legit happened as described, 100% facts.

My sources have echoed the same: Princely’s visit was a real slam dunk. 

4 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

Jimbo was playing? The game was in the kiddie pool?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

Well it wasn't the spike. When he jumped his shorts fell down and his nuts ended up on top of Jimbos head 

• Like 2

The no buyout thing might end up a blessing for aggy if it makes it easier for a team to hire him away before he takes them for the bulk of the contract, or all of it after his dismissal. 

I’m torn on whether I’d rather him bolt of his own accord while they still love him, or have him crash the plane into the mountain, but both sound pretty entertaining. 

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

The no buyout thing might end up a blessing for aggy if it makes it easier for a team to hire him away before he takes them for the bulk of the contract, or all of it after his dismissal. 

I’m torn on whether I’d rather him bolt of his own accord while they still love him, or have him crash the plane into the mountain, but both sound pretty entertaining. 

The no buyout clause is one-sided. If they fire him they still have to pay him. If he chooses to leave of his own accord he doesn’t get paid though.

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

the issue is that if he actually does well enough that he earns the $75m he is going to jump for a better job elsewhere. if he wins 3 SEC championships, 1 NC and makes it to another, someone else bigger /better is going to come after him.

there is no upside for A&M to include it, only downside. 

if he blows there, it isn't like he is going to leave for UL-Monroe or even shift over to say Ok State...

22 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

Obligatory

tenor.gif?itemid=5224849

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, NoName said:

the issue is that if he actually does well enough that he earns the $75m he is going to jump for a better job elsewhere. if he wins 3 SEC championships, 1 NC and makes it to another, someone else bigger /better is going to come after him.

there is no upside for A&M to include it, only downside. 

if he blows there, it isn't like he is going to leave for UL-Monroe or even shift over to say Ok State...

Apparently he's a real son of a bitch when he's not happy also.  Hard to deal with.  Thin skinned.  Won't accept input or pivot when it's obvious what he's doing isn't working.  So basically, he's fat-Mack.

2 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

JImbo is a lot of things, but I don't think he's overweight?

fat-mack references a period of time.  Post 2008-9 when Mack became a surly (pun intended) little whiner, gained a ton of weight, developed the thinnest of skin, and really started his slide.  Most of my FSU colleagues reference Jimbo as a real horses ass when he doesn't feel "the love" or get his way.  He starts to drop games.  Feel the heat.  He'll start the usual assistant coach rotation, then he'll turn in the university for what they are NOT doing to help him.

Rinse, wash, repeat.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

I heard Terry Price immediately grabbed one of his world-famous slabs of brisket to place on Jimbo’s face. 

spacer.png

16 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Apparently he's a real son of a bitch when he's not happy also.  Hard to deal with.  Thin skinned.  Won't accept input or pivot when it's obvious what he's doing isn't working.  So basically, he's fat-Mack.

He also doesn't do social media. So if he sucks and they want him to quit, he'll just lock himself in his office, turn off the ringer, and ride out the rest of his 10 years. (Or take the payout) 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

He also doesn't do social media. So if he sucks and they want him to quit, he'll just lock himself in his office, turn off the ringer, and ride out the rest of his 10 years. (Or take the payout

why would he EVER take a payout? 100% guaranteed, and $75m is fuck you money for a college coach. 

this isn't a guy negotiating to enter the job market early, why would he take a penny less than the say $30 mil he has left guaranteed over the last 4 years of the deal?

Two questions that may annoy. I can't keep up with all the recruits and all the opinions.

1. Ty Jordan is small. I assume he is a waterbug with great quickness and shake. Am I right about that and how do we use him?

2. Alford. What is our disposition towards him?  I gather that Eaton would be the first choice in lieu of Ringo and Rogers.

Maybe others would like these pedestrian questions answered as well. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Machinator said:

The Princely volleyball story has now made its way to IT.

2 hours ago, Radical Larry said:

Amazing.

Hahahahaha hahahahaha 

These last two pages. Fucking awesome. One guy remembering the Eaton addition as the actual thing; the Carrington pool volleyball tweet fantasy - please God make that happen; “it would be a live document”. Oh man. 

I need to hear a Liucci denial. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Two questions that may annoy. I can't keep up with all the recruits and all the opinions.

1. Ty Jordan is small. I assume he is a waterbug with great quickness and shake. Am I right about that and how do we use him?

2. Alford. What is our disposition towards him?  I gather that Eaton would be the first choice in lieu of Ringo and Rogers.

1) You’ll get an avalanche of opinions on Jordan. I’ll just say what I’ve whined about all along - they shouldn’t have been slowplaying him in the first place. It’s looking like they’re over the hump with him now and that could drop soon.

2) Folks really like Alford. I’ve been interested in seeing him go elsewhere the whole time. Good ball skills, not the most athletic or best in coverage. Nothing elite. I’d like to see them land J Thompson this weekend and find a senior phenom or cross their fingers on safety flips with Washington or Chris Thompson. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Like you, most people here are just thinking about how they can use him.  Some of us just want to be the one that puts a smile on his face.

Edited by Richter
grammatical error
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

Alford is a guy we are interested in would take, but Ringo/Rogers/Eaton/etc are all CBs and Alford I think is seen as a field safety.

They are't being recruited for the same position - that said, there is a huge gap between the Ringo/Rogers and Ransom/Alford tier of guys (Texas would take a commit from probably any of them today) vs Eaton who Texas has in a holding pattern or has nixed off now that they brought in Pouncey 

Just now, NoName said:

Alford is a guy we are interested in would take, but Ringo/Rogers/Eaton/etc are all CBs and Alford I think is seen as a field safety.

They are't being recruited for the same position - that said, there is a huge gap between the Ringo/Rogers and Ransom/Alford tier of guys (Texas would take a commit from probably any of them today) vs Eaton who Texas has in a holding pattern or has nixed off now that they brought in Pouncey 

I wouldn't put Ransom in Alford's tier. I think he's a stud and was the most talented safety on the board.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

safety flips with Washington or Chris Thompson

These are both interesting as both blowu and auburn could be looking for coaches before NSD1. I am a firm believer that Lincoln is the next coach of the Cowboys, it's just a matter of when. Seems like this coming offseason is the year to go unless you really like rattler as a heisman contender and feel better about defense.

12 minutes ago, NoName said:

why would he EVER take a payout? 100% guaranteed, and $75m is fuck you money for a college coach. 

this isn't a guy negotiating to enter the job market early, why would he take a penny less than the say $30 mil he has left guaranteed over the last 4 years of the deal?

Because aggy can copy Tech canning him and not pay him.  When he sues they can claim sovereign immunity.  The possibility of that is enough for most to settle.

22 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I can answer about Jordan. His floor is Darren sproles and his ceiling is Barry Sanders. 

• Like 3