Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Same mod, on Card: "Texas QB commit Hudson Card said he is already excited to enroll in Jan. 2020 and he spends a lot of time watching the Longhorns and seeing how he would fit into the offense. He likes the dual threat aspect of it and thinks he can thrive there in a big way."

Everyone is college station is about to start shitting themselves.  For anyone that watched longhorn football long enough, you know that recruits will start lining up to play when this program gets back to the top.  This was a program defining win.  Herman has already proven he can recruit a top 3 class.  He's also shown he's not scared to go up against the current elite teams for the top guys in every class.  I have no doubt we're going to see a big spike in recruiting.  If we follow this up with an LSU ass kicking, then next class will be top 3.

Edited by victory88
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, victory88 said:

Everyone is college station is about to start shitting themselves.  For anyone that watched longhorn football long enough, you know that recruits will start lining up to play when this program gets back to the top.  This was a program defining win.  Herman has already proven he can recruit a top 3 class.  He's also shown he's not scared to go up against the current elite teams for the top guys in every class.  I have no doubt we're going to see a big spike in recruiting.  If we follow this up with an LSU ass kicking, then next class will be top 3.

Look at the reactions from recruits.  Every recruit saw what Texas did last night and that aggy win against a crappy NC State is just an afterthought.

2 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Look at the reactions from recruits.  Every recruit saw what Texas did last night and that aggy win against a crappy NC State is just an afterthought.

yup... aggy tried to create fake momentum after losing to Clemson at home.  This is real momentum.  One team is on the verge of making the CFP and has proven they can beat top 5 teams.  Texas along with Bama/Clemson will end the season as the only 2 teams to beat multiple top 5 teams this season.  While the little brother program is celebrating beating a shitty LSU team and winning the fucking taxslayer bowl lmao.  Aggy will never be Texas no matter how hard they try.  Enjoy this guys.  They put all their chips in with a scumbag coach.  We are about to push their shit in this year in recruiting.

Edited by victory88

Zach Evans actually seemed happy in his one sentence quote about Texas’s win haha.  Come on down Zach!! You can be the next great running back for the flagship blue blood program of the great state of Texas!  Hookem!!

Edited by victory88

8 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Zach Evans actually seemed happy in his one sentence quote about Texas’s win haha.  Come on down Zach!! You can be the next great running back for the flagship blue blood program of the great state of Texas!  Hookem!!

Maybe some of his brother's enthusiasm for Texas is starting to sink in.

Just now, GotThatFire said:

Would be cool if Evans committed to the good guys early and became a bell cow.  But I won’t get my hopes up. Much. 

I wish but he will take that recruitment down to the last day.  One of the most high profile recruitments in Texas the last decade.  Bama, uga, ohio state, ou, Texas will be throwing haymakers at each other.  Aggy will bark in the corner.

19 minutes ago, victory88 said:

I wish but he will take that recruitment down to the last day.  One of the most high profile recruitments in Texas the last decade.  Bama, uga, ohio state, ou, Texas will be throwing haymakers at each other.  Aggy will bark in the corner.

With Bama, UGA and aggy in the mix, i am sure there will be some bags lobbed in somewhere. My hope is that the Evans' aren't those kind of people. 

6 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Please be Mookie.

Herman so badly wants a Percy Harvin like slot guy.  We luckily missed on the headcase that was Justin Watkins.  Barely missed out on Moore but what a terrific evaluation by Herman and his staff.  I have high hopes of Mookie committing to Texas. He is tailor made for Herman and this offense.

Edited by victory88

8 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Who's a good bet to be commit #3 for this class?

Not sure about timing, but there's close to ten guys who appear to be locks at this point. Guys like Dixon, Garth, Mookie, Collins, Jones, Jackson, etc. 

6 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Herman so badly wants a Percy Harvin like slot guy.  We luckily missed on the headcase that was Justin Watkins.  Barely missed out on Moore but what a terrific evaluation by Herman and his staff.  I have high hopes of Mookie committing to Texas. He is tailor made for Herman and this offense.

We've got Whittington and Smith in the '19 class

Just now, lulz said:

We've got Whittington and Smith in the '19 class

Man I have high hopes for those two.  While amazing athletes, I don’t think either has the elite quickness or speed Mookie has.  I think Mookie is elite.  The type that ends up at Bama and has a Waddle type impact.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Man I have high hopes for those two.  While amazing athletes, I don’t think either has the elite quickness or speed Mookie has.  I think Mookie is elite.  The type that ends up at Bama and has a Waddle type impact.

you can never have enough..  

9 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Elite quickness and speed is exactly what the are.