Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

I’ve always seen Kings name thrown around on this thread a lot but I’ve never got around to  watching his tape. His Jr tape doesn’t compare to Cards, I don’t know what the fuck y’all are watching. He’s not as fluid of an athlete or dynamic. Cards highlight features much more difficult throws and athletic ability. Card looks so similar to Shea Patterson.King kind of looks like he’s still adjusting to his body and he floats balls. Unrelated but do y’all remember that one freak linebacker Mike Mitchell? He was an athletic anomaly but moved so unathhletic and uncoordinated. The only other example I can think of that compares is Hunter Pence. 

(E.J. Holland) Rankings ballot: A look at my personal Top 10 in-state recruits

247Sports recently released its rankings update. If I had a ballot for the Top 10 prospects in the state, here is what it would have looked like.

1. RB Zach Evans, North Shore

This one is basically a no brainer. Evans is the clear cream of the crop in a loaded year in the state of Texas. The five-star prospect is a generational talent and the best running back prospect the state has seen since Adrian Peterson.

Evaluations: Game, practice, camp, 7v7, film

2. ATH Ja’Quinden Jackson, Duncanville

Jackson had a coming out party in the postseason, but we’ve been talking about him for years. A jumbo athlete, Jackson has the potential to stick at quarterback or move to the defensive side of the ball. Wherever he lines up, Jackson is sure to be a monster. He’s a five-star talent.

Evaluations: Game, practice, 7v7, film

3. WR Demond Demas, Tomball

Another five-star level talent, Demas is a straight up athletic freak. While he’s still a bit raw as a pure receiver, Demas has some of the biggest upside in the country. When he puts it all together, the dude has a chance to be special.

Evaluations: Game, camp, 7v7, film

4. RB Jase McClellan, Aledo

It’s a special year for running back in the state of Texas. And McClellan is also up there as an elite talent. The Oklahoma commit is already one of the most productive backs this state has ever seen. In fact, McClellan has led Aledo to three straight title appearances. He’s a powerful ball carrier with great vision.

Evaluations: Game, practice, camp, film

5. DL Vernon Broughton, Cy Ridge

With Broughton, it’s important to keep in mind what he can become. The four-star prospect has only been focused on football for a couple of years and is developing at a rapid pace. He has a huge frame and is also athletically gifted as evidenced by his basketball film.

Evaluations: Game, camp, film

6. S Chris Thompson, Duncanville

Thompson is a monster on the back end. He has tremendous closing speed, length and is one of the biggest hitters this state has seen at the safety position. Thompson played a ton in the box for Duncanville this year, but he is constantly improving his cover skills.

Evaluations: Game, practice, camp, 7v7, private training, film

7. OT Chad Lindberg, Clear Creek

Some might question Lindberg’s ceiling, which is fair. But that doesn’t really matter to me. He reminds me a lot of Tyler Johnson a year ago. He’s already an elite level player in the trenches and has the highest floor out of any offensive lineman in the state. I really like him as a right tackle.

8. DE Prince Dorbah, Highland Park

One of the most feared pass rushers in the country, Dorbah is an animal when coming off the edge. He does have a slender frame, but he has room to add weight. When he’s allowed to pin his ears back and get after the quarterback, there is no one better. 

9. WR Troy Omeire, Fort Bend Austin

I’m a sucker for big receivers, but Omeire is much more than just a big body on the outside. He’s a smooth route runner and knows how to use his size to his advantage. Omeire can also make big plays after the catch and is a great blocker — a really undervalued part of his game.

10. CB Dwight McClothern, TC-Cedar Hill

There might be some question marks away from the field, but on it, you’d be hard pressed to find a better secondary talent than McGlothern. He is proving more and more that he can be a pure cover corner thanks to his length and athleticism, but his versatility makes him even more intriguing.

Next Five

ATH Drew Sanders, Denton Ryan (Game, camp, film)

RB Seth McGowan, Mesquite Poteet (Game, practice, camp, 7v7, film)

CB Lorando Johnson, Lancaster (Game, practice, camp, 7v7, film)

S RJ Mickens, Southlake Carroll (Game, practice, camp, 7v7, private training, film)

QB Hudson Card, Lake Travis (Game, 7v7, film)

11 hours ago, satyanash said:

Fine, fine. From EJ in a Kroger parking lot

- EJ's numbers are low b/c of his marriage + honeymoon, so he's had to pump out a lot more articles lately. Apparently he's buying groceries to cook vegan chili tonight. EJ's wife has him on a diet even though he's 175 lbs.

- Buy/Sell: Texas lands 2 of Ringo, Flowe, Milton, and Smalls. EJ would pass on that bet, 2 of them is tough but realistic. Ringo has been to Texas twice and is the best bet w Westbrook as his current coach and Beck as his school's former coach. Him and Milton will both be back for official visits, probably. Others are longer shots because they haven't visited. They probably won't be a package deal.

- Texas will continue to recruit at a national level. Lathan Ransom is another potential visitor, as is Damien Sellers. Johnny Wilson said he never considered going OOS until Texas came calling.

- EJ's not sure why A&M backed off of CTJ. He had a terrific junior season and Fisher visited his high school a lot, but then contact dropped off and Texas is in the best spot to land him.

- Most under-rated prospect so far is Joshua Eaton, outside the Texas top 50. Lot of P5 offers w/ A&M adding their name tonight. Another underrated kid is Jerrin Thompson from Lufkin, great as a nickel prospect. Thinks Texas should take a harder look at him.

- Eaton and Watts are very similar players. Watts is a bit thicker, Eaton is more athletic. Both very raw in their technique. Would put them in the same rankings range.

- Demond Demas apparently joined the Periscope, along with Tommy Brockermeyer who had a dominant day in Dallas.

- Majors will be a very good center. EJ is OK with his drop in the rankings, he's very intelligent and a potential multi-year starter but won't wow you with his athletic traits or upside.

- Charles Wright from Austin High is a kid Roach likes. Could be a guy that rises.

- EJ now getting grief for the Noah Cain saga.

- Regarding receivers, Texas is in a great spot with Johnny Wilson. Troy Omeire and Demas are the two elite in-state WRs, and Texas is in a tough dogfight with A&M for both with Demas already an A&M commit. Troy is visiting Texas on March 9th and it'll be huge in his recruitment. UT is in a good position with Quinten Johnston (recently got a rankings bump) and JJ Hester out of Oklahoma.

- Something about BBQ, and Whataburger vs. In-n-Out.

- EJ would take Johnny Wilson over Demond Demas. Demas is a better athlete with a higher ceiling. Wilson is a more polished prospect and is gigantic. What stands out for Johnny is his route-running. Doesn't struggle to get in and out of breaks like Brennan Eagles did, he glides through his routes. Can't go wrong with either.

- EJ is close to putting in Texas CBs for Johnny Wilson but he wants to wait and see with him. Washington and Oregon are the two biggest threats. Could legitimately run a 4.5.

- EJ still thinks JaQuinden Jackson should be a five-star. Next Cam Newton, etc. etc. Not expecting an early commitment. Texas should tell him he can play any position "because he's awesome".

- O-line needs for the 2020 class have been addressed, in a good spot with D-line as well. Need corners.

- Princely Umanmielen joined the Periscope, asked EJ if he's into fashion. EJ reeled off some brand names.

- Texas wants to bring in Damien Sellers for a visit. EJ doesn't pay to go for tournaments, his expenses are covered as a 247Sports reporter for the most part.

- Darnell Washington is a real-deal, five-star stud. Was awesome this weekend.

- @OnAComputerrecommended that EJ visit P. Terry's Burger Stand. EJ absolutely hated it, said it was a 'trash burger'. More BBQ talk.

- EJ really likes Josh White. Another down year for LBs in-state but White's a brought spot along with Brennon Scott. Similar to David Gbenda.

- EJ's wife still disagrees with him over his hairstyle. EJ would never move to Austin, says he's 'team Dallas'.

- Jase McClellan will be tough to flip from blOU. Texas should have offered him earlier, they may have secured his commitment first.

- Texas will take two safeties and a nickel. This is not as good of a DB class in-state as 2018 but it could be comparable. Lorando Johnson, RJ Mickens, CTJ, and Dwight McGlothern are EJ's favourite in-state DBs this cycle.

So Johnny Wilson never even considered going out of state until Texas came calling.  Now the two biggest threats to Texas are Oregon and Washington.  We may be closer to winning this recruitment than I realized.

Thanks for posting and the time that you put in listening to that weirdo.

Edited by ShowmeyourTDs

18 minutes ago, satyanash said:

(E.J. Holland) Rankings ballot: A look at my personal Top 10 in-state recruits

Hide contents

247Sports recently released its rankings update. If I had a ballot for the Top 10 prospects in the state, here is what it would have looked like.

1. RB Zach Evans, North Shore

This one is basically a no brainer. Evans is the clear cream of the crop in a loaded year in the state of Texas. The five-star prospect is a generational talent and the best running back prospect the state has seen since Adrian Peterson.

2. ATH Ja’Quinden Jackson, Duncanville

Jackson had a coming out party in the postseason, but we’ve been talking about him for years. A jumbo athlete, Jackson has the potential to stick at quarterback or move to the defensive side of the ball. Wherever he lines up, Jackson is sure to be a monster. He’s a five-star talent.

Evaluations: Game, practice, 7v7, film

3. WR Demond Demas, Tomball

Another five-star level talent, Demas is a straight up athletic freak. While he’s still a bit raw as a pure receiver, Demas has some of the biggest upside in the country. When he puts it all together, the dude has a chance to be special.

4. RB Jase McClellan, Aledo

It’s a special year for running back in the state of Texas. And McClellan is also up there as an elite talent. The Oklahoma commit is already one of the most productive backs this state has ever seen. In fact, McClellan has led Aledo to three straight title appearances. He’s a powerful ball carrier with great vision.

5. DL Vernon Broughton, Cy Ridge

With Broughton, it’s important to keep in mind what he can become. The four-star prospect has only been focused on football for a couple of years and is developing at a rapid pace. He has a huge frame and is also athletically gifted as evidenced by his basketball film.

6. S Chris Thompson, Duncanville

Thompson is a monster on the back end. He has tremendous closing speed, length and is one of the biggest hitters this state has seen at the safety position. Thompson played a ton in the box for Duncanville this year, but he is constantly improving his cover skills.

Evaluations: Game, practice, camp, 7v7, private training, film

7. OT Chad Lindberg, Clear Creek

Some might question Lindberg’s ceiling, which is fair. But that doesn’t really matter to me. He reminds me a lot of Tyler Johnson a year ago. He’s already an elite level player in the trenches and has the highest floor out of any offensive lineman in the state. I really like him as a right tackle.

8. DE Prince Dorbah, Highland Park

One of the most feared pass rushers in the country, Dorbah is an animal when coming off the edge. He does have a slender frame, but he has room to add weight. When he’s allowed to pin his ears back and get after the quarterback, there is no one better. 

9. WR Troy Omeire, Fort Bend Austin

I’m a sucker for big receivers, but Omeire is much more than just a big body on the outside. He’s a smooth route runner and knows how to use his size to his advantage. Omeire can also make big plays after the catch and is a great blocker — a really undervalued part of his game.

10. CB Dwight McClothern, TC-Cedar Hill

There might be some question marks away from the field, but on it, you’d be hard pressed to find a better secondary talent than McGlothern. He is proving more and more that he can be a pure cover corner thanks to his length and athleticism, but his versatility makes him even more intriguing.

Next Five

ATH Drew Sanders, Denton Ryan (Game, camp, film)

RB Seth McGowan, Mesquite Poteet (Game, practice, camp, 7v7, film)

CB Lorando Johnson, Lancaster (Game, practice, camp, 7v7, film)

S RJ Mickens, Southlake Carroll (Game, practice, camp, 7v7, private training, film)

QB Hudson Card, Lake Travis (Game, 7v7, film)

His top fifteen would be fine if he left off the overrated DFW DBs

30 minutes ago, ShowmeyourTDs said:

So Johnny Wilson never even considered going out of state until Texas came calling.  Now the two biggest threats to Texas are Oregon and Washington.  We may be closer to winning this recruitment than I realized.

Thanks for posting and the time that you put in listening to that weirdo.

9.95ers say he’s coming in for a UOV soon and things can really pick up quickly with him

• Like 1

IT

STATE OF RECRUITING

Expect visits to pick back up throughout spring, especially on Saturdays, but this weekend it seems like the staff is only hosting graduate transfer Parker Braun and 2020 cover corner Jalen Kimber.

— We'll write a standalone post on Braun and the offensive line today. Kimber is probably the best cover corner in the state as it stands now. That's not to say he's the best corner prospect in the state. He has some Marcus Banks qualities on the field, however.

-- One of the newest offers is Brynden Walker. The LB from Bishop Guinness in OKC could play on either side and would make a nice h-back, similar to Andrew Beck. As of now, Walker should be considered an offensive offer.

-- Getting Zach Evans on an official visit seems very likely, but when is the key. We believe the staff would love to see him last, preferably in December. Don’t be surprised if he takes an UOV for the LSU game.

— Texas 2020 QB pledge Hudson Card will be at The Opening Regional in Dallas on Sunday. In speaking to his coaches, it sounds like he's 6’2.5, 184 pounds. If that's accurate, that's right on time. Card has been working at getting bigger and stronger this off-season by pounding weights and peanut butter sandwiches. This is his first spring where he's been allowed to dedicate himself to adding muscle.

— At almost 6’8, 240 pounds, Desert Pines (NV) five-star Darnell Washington is slated to see Austin this spring. The staff has its work cut out for the giant tight end talent, who could excel on either side of the ball. Defensive end might be his best spot, at least in the eyes of UT's staff.

— FB Austin WR Troy Omiere is set to take an UOV to Austin next weekend. A&M, LSU, and OU are all factors that Texas will battle for the four-star’s services. Whoever wins mom’s approval will win this recruitment. It's looking like A&M and UT as the favorites. That'll be a huge visit.

— Even though Zach Evans gets most of the publicity, the distance between him and Aledo’s Jase McClellan isn’t that wide. If UT somehow loses on Evans, the OU running back pledge could be the next high priority. They’re already working to get him back on campus after an Elite Day UOV last January. Obviously their standing with Kendall Milton is promising too, but McClellan might be more likely, especially if OU lands Seth McGowan.

— Cali stud WR Johnny Wilson’s recruitment has a Bru McCoy vibe to it. Not that Wilson will enroll at his state school, then enter the Transfer Portal to Austin, rather Wilson really likes Texas. Actually he has even more interest in UT than Bru did this time last year.

— Texas has zero doubt Prince Dorbah can dominate at B-backer, so neither do we. UT loves Stafford’s Robert Wooten’s film, they just question his 4.9 40. Like Ossai, who ran a terrible 5.05 40 at this stage in the recruiting process, Wooten plays much faster in pads. It's likely the staff won't need a back-up plan to Dorbah regardless.

• Like 1

TFB Open Post: https://texas.thefootballbrainiacs.com/2019/03/open-post-weekend-march-1st-3rd/

Texas Offers Josh White | Visit Upcoming
– Super K

When I stopped by to see 2020 linebacker, Josh White (Cy Creek) a couple weeks ago, Texas has not yet offered.

He held offers from Baylor, OSU, Oklahoma, LSU and others. But he Texas had maintained contact and Josh admitted that should the Horns offer they’d immediately move into one of his top spots.

The offer happened earlier this week…

White says he plans on visiting “As soon as possible. I got Oklahoma Saturday and they’ll by my next visit, either them or TCU”.

So whether he makes it to TCU first or Texas first, I think a March visit is very likely following the visit to OU.

Josh said about the offer, “It felt great. Coach Orlando told me to be patient and keep working when he offered it felt like all my work just payed off”.

I’ll have more on Josh’s background as a person and a football player, later this week.

Breakdown of 2020 Defensive Targets
– CJ Vogel

Texas is coming off a 2019 cycle that included some absolute freaks on the defensive side of the ball. Tyler Owens, De’Gabriel Floyd, Kenyatta Watson and David Gbenda will soon be all over the field for Todd Orlando’s defense. With that said, the 2020 defensive class is off to a slow start compared to the offensive side, however there is legit talent out there that is high on the Longhorns early on.

Defensive Line

Vernon Broughton (Cypress, TX)
Alfred Collins (Bastrop, TX)
Prince Dorbah (Highland Park, TX)
Princely Umanmielen (Manor, TX)
Alec Bryant (Pearland, TX)
Branard Wright (Dallas, TX)

To say this cycle’s defensive line talent is good would be a massive understatement. Texas is sitting in wonderful position with a good handful of the aforementioned names. In person, Vernon Broughton is one of the most physically intimidating prospects this cycle has to offer. Texas is sitting out front for Alfred Collins as well. Texas has gotten Dorbah and Umanmielen on campus quite frequently so far, however they will have to fight off Oklahoma and other regional schools for either of their services. Dallas Carter’s Branard Wright is one of the few true defensive tackles in this class, it appears that LSU is the clear leader for him at the moment, though he was on campus for the Junior Day last weekend.

Linebacker

Justin Flowe (Upland CA)
Brennan Scott (Dallas, TX)
Sav’ell Smalls (Seattle, WA)
Josh White (Cypress, TX)

Once again, the linebacker position is rather thin in the state of Texas for the 2020 cycle. Surely more targets will appear following the spring eval period, similar to how David Gbenda exploded on the scene last year. Five-star Justin Flowe is the best candidate to being this cycle’s Bru McCoy. Obviously, Flowe is pegged to USC early, but there is interest from both sides, but getting Flowe back on campus will be imperative to if there is a legit chance. Brennan Scott has visited a couple times this offseason, however he is high on Texas A&M, Oklahoma and Arkansas early on.

Cornerback

Joshua Eaton (Houston, TX)
Kelee Ringo (Scottsdale, AZ)
Dwight McGlothern (Duncanville, TX)
Jaylon Jones (Cibolo, TX)
Jalen Kimber (Mansfield, TX)
Ryan Watts (Little Elm, TX)
Fred Davis (Jacksonville, FL)

Texas is looking to put up a stellar class at the cornerback position for the third consecutive cycle, but they’ll need some help to do so. I am very high on Joshua Eaton early on, and he seems to be on the Longhorns. Eaton has been on campus two weekends in a row and is really starting to gain national interest. Five-star Kelee Ringo has Texas ties with his position coach Bryant Westbrook being an ex-Longhorn. As for Duncanville CB Dwight McGlothern, it’s been a weird up-and-down recruitment so far, but with that said, his recent Twitter activity indicates that Texas is squarely in it for his services. With Texas A&M snagging Jaylon Jones, Texas may up their interest on Jalen Kimber out of Mansfield. I fully expect more names to pop up after the spring evaluation season.

Safeties

Chris Thompson (Duncanville, TX)
Xavion Alford (Shadow Creek, TX)
Bryson Washington (Houston, TX)
Darius Snow (Hebron, TX)
Jerrin Thompson (Lufkin, TX)
Lathan Ransom (Tucson, AZ)

It’s going to be an exciting cycle at the safety position this year. Chris Thompson is one of the best safeties in the country and has very high interest in the Longhorns. Xavion Alford was on campus for Texas’ Junior Day and has had some very impressive outings at recent camps. Bryson Washington will commit in July which plays well for the Longhorns who are right at the top of his list. Lathan Ransom is another out of state guy to watch, he is also tight with Kelee Ringo as well.

Athlete

Ja’Quinden Jackson (Duncanville, TX)

The quarterback of the 6A State Runner-Up is one of the most athletic players in this cycle. Ja’Quinden Jackson could very well play a number of positions at the next level. Jackson is electric with one of the best ballcarriers in the state.

Upcoming Weekend Visitors
– Super K

***Father of 2020 CB, Jalen Kimber (Mansfield Timberview) tells me that they will be visiting Texas this upcoming weekend for an unofficial visit.

Kimber was offered by the Horns back in December and about a month he dropped a top ten which included Texas.

Kimber’s the son of a former college track sprinter, Art Kimber. So, he has the speed genetics. He’s a bigger corner and very technically sound.

***Also, Texas will host Georgia Tech grad transfer offensive lineman, Parker Braun, this upcoming weekend.

As you know JUCO OL Willie Tyler and Virginia Grad Transfer RJ Proctor visited Texas recently but our sense is that UT would prefer to get Braun in the boat. He seems to be the highest priority offensive line target at this point.

Defensive notes from UA Camp
– Darius Terrell

I posted a notebook on Monday from the Under Armour All-American Camp in Dallas that talked about some of the standouts on the Offensive side of the ball. I’ll use this section today, to share some of my thoughts on some of the Defensive players that were in attendance that are targets on the Texas board or will be in the future:

Kitan Crawford, CB/NB (Tyler, TX) John Tyler HS, 2020

Crawford picked up a Texas offer a few weeks ago and was a prospect of major interest for us at TFB. At an event that was loaded with big-name prospects, we felt like Crawford was the best DB in attendance. Crawford doesn’t have the height (5’11 175) that is a trend now for Cornerbacks but makes up for a lack of prototypical height with jackhammer feet, explosive athleticism, and football instincts that can’t be taught. Crawford is extremely patient in coverage which I believe is a byproduct of understanding that he is the best athlete on the field and knowing that he doesn’t have to gamble or guess in order to make a play. Crawford possesses the hips and COD ability to play the Nickel and I have not seen a better option so far in 2020. If you turn on his HUDL highlights you will see a guy that craves contact in the run game and is also used as a RB on Offense for a talented and respected John Tyler program in East Texas. Crawford is one of my favorite prospects in the class and should be mentioned in anytime the topic of top Defensive Backs in Texas are being discussed.

Ryan Watts, CB/S (Little Elm, TX) Little Elm HS, 2020

First things first, Watts is every bit of 6’2 and has the long arms to match. He has good hips and is quicker than most guys at this stage that are as long as he is. He combines good hips with solid top-end speed. Watts is at his best in “Off” coverage when he can key the Quarterback’s drop and anticipate what route may be coming his way. He has very good ball skills and I think he could be a turnover machine in a system that requires their DBs to play a lot of zone. Watts is high on Texas.

Prince Dorbah DE/EDGE (Dallas, TX) Highland Park HS, 2020

Dorbah won’t be every school’s cup of tea playing along the defensive front due to a lack of prototypical size (measured 6’2 210 at camp). Dorbah’s value comes in his ability to rush the Quarterback, which is an invaluable trait to have. Dorbah is explosive rushing off of the edge with ankle flexibility and natural bend that cannot be taught. He has an array of moves to go along with heavy hands that he has clearly received good coaching on how to properly place. I would love to one day see Dorbah try his hand in coverage at Linebacker in one of these camp settings. Texas is in a very good spot in this recruitment.

Jahari Rogers CB/NB (Arlington, TX) Arlington HS, 2020

Rogers plays Quarterback for Arlington High and is one of the most exciting players to watch in the DFW metroplex. However, he will be transitioning over to the offensive side of the ball in college playing Defensive Back. Rogers is 6’0 180 and was able to run with every WR in attendance on Sunday. Where Rogers struggled some was at the LOS but I believe that can/will be remedied once he dedicates himself fully to the position in college. Rogers has an abundance of upside at the next level and could end up being one of the top performers from the 2020 class in a few years. I do think he will need a little bit of time to adjust at the next level.

16 minutes ago, Fud said:

We were recruiting him as a corner 

Thanks. I thought it was perhaps something more like Mach is suggesting, where because the services list him as a CB they think everyone is recruiting him as such, but our pitch was at S. If we are really looking at him as a CB, I am not going to sweat us missing on him. 

1 minute ago, rickyspub said:

Thanks. I thought it was perhaps something more like Mach is suggesting, where because the services list him as a CB they think everyone is recruiting him as such, but our pitch was at S. If we are really looking at him as a CB, I am not going to sweat us missing on him. 

We were recruiting him at corner, but I'd guess that the staff saw him as a nickel long term. He's going to get pretty big, imo

2 hours ago, ShowmeyourTDs said:

So Johnny Wilson never even considered going out of state until Texas came calling.  Now the two biggest threats to Texas are Oregon and Washington.

Hmmm. So after Texas offered, he went from not thinking about leaving California at all to considering only OOS schools? 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ShowmeyourTDs said:

Exactly my point.  It appears that Texas is a heavy influence on this kid.  Herman and the staff are very good at leveraging their product in Texas Football.  It is EJ though, so it could be a misquote.

Almost certainly a misquote. Kid either meant out of the west coast or or out of the Pac 12, not out of state. Or he just made up the quote altogether, because let's be real the last real sports journalist to cover recruiting was Gerry Hamilton

Edited by TheFlyingBoat

1 hour ago, Fud said:

We were recruiting him at corner, but I'd guess that the staff saw him as a nickel long term. He's going to get pretty big, imo

I figured his quick commitment to aggy had to do with us pushing him at S, but I guess not. Don't want be accused of shitting on his talent, but I am fine with the miss if he is dead set on being a CB (committing to aggy also doesn't say too much about him on the mental eval part either).

IT quote:  " Kimber is probably the best cover corner in the state as it stands now. That's not to say he's the best corner prospect in the state. He has some Marcus Banks qualities on the field, however."

This should say off-field right??

Edited by LTtxfan

‘He is a walking offensive coordinator’: Inside the mind of Carson Beck, rising star quarterback recruit 
https://theathletic.com/845847/2019/03/01/carson-beck-quarterback-recruit-profile-mandarin-florida/

We're not recruiting him, but it is interesting to see a corch on the field that could actually be a good thing.

30 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

IT quote:  " Kimber is probably the best cover corner in the state as it stands now. That's not to say he's the best corner prospect in the state. He has some Marcus Banks qualities on the field, however."

This should say off-field right??

That's not how I read it. Looking at the larger quote:

Kimber is probably the best cover corner in the state as it stands now. That's not to say he's the best corner prospect in the state. He has some Marcus Banks qualities on the field, however

The "however" is in reference to him saying (essentially) "he's not the best corner prospect in the state". 

1 hour ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

‘He is a walking offensive coordinator’: Inside the mind of Carson Beck, rising star quarterback recruit 
https://theathletic.com/845847/2019/03/01/carson-beck-quarterback-recruit-profile-mandarin-florida/

We're not recruiting him, but it is interesting to see a corch on the field that could actually be a good thing.

I think every offensive coordinator I’ve ever seen has had the ability to walk. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Man...that thang would make a great defensive end!

Eh, while it can slice and dice better than any DE I've seen to date, it has a terrible three cone and shuttle time which leaves me worried about how he'll perform at the next level. What do we know about his hand size?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KYHorn said:

That's not how I read it. Looking at the larger quote:

The "however" is in reference to him saying (essentially) "he's not the best corner prospect in the state". 

So what are the “Marcus Banks qualities” that keep him from being the best cornerback in the state? Was Banks afraid of contact or something? 

Edited by Chili dog

3 hours ago, ShowmeyourTDs said:

That figures, but he should limit the beans for his extramarital affairs.  

What the hell is vegan chili anyways?  Shouldn’t it be called vegetable soup or stew?

3 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

An abomination not unlike "chicken chili."

Billy's on Burnet has (had) very good vegetarian chili, and a good vegetarian burger as well.

• Fuck You 1