Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

Just now, UDontKnow said:

But very healthy.

Soy is bad for thyroid health, and garbanzos are practically worthless. If you're going to go that vegetarian route, and are not of Arab descent, go with fava beans instead.Taste better, have higher nutritional content, and don't make you look like a hipster dork.

3 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Soy is bad for thyroid health, and garbanzos are practically worthless. If you're going to go that vegetarian route, and are not of Arab descent, go with fava beans instead.Taste better, have higher nutritional content, and don't make you look like a hipster dork.

Congrats sir, you removed all meaning from my childhood.

Just now, UDontKnow said:

Congrats sir, you removed all meaning from my childhood.

You're welcome.

Egyptian falafel tastes far, far better than the Levantine kind that is most popular. Lebanon, Syria, Palestine / Israel, etc. use garbanzos for falafel. Egyptians use favas.

And I was being hyperbolic, of course. Garbanzos aren't totally worthless, they're just nowhere near as good as other kinds of beans, let alone beef.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Soy is bad for thyroid health, and garbanzos are practically worthless. If you're going to go that vegetarian route, and are not of Arab descent, go with fava beans instead.Taste better, have higher nutritional content, and don't make you look like a hipster dork.

I bet this goes with a nice Chianti.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

E.J. Holland: Texas still on top for four-star DL Alfred Collins

Texas is looking to add some major talent along the defensive line this recruiting cycle. One of the Longhorns’ priority targets is four-star Bastrop Cedar Creek product Alfred Collins, who made it clear Texas is at the top of his list at this point in the process. “Texas is still No. 1,” Collins said. “I haven’t been down there in a while, but I plan to go back soon. I grew up a UT fan. I just like (Tom) Coach Herman and the school.”

Collins added that he keeps in frequent contact with defensive line coach Oscar Giles and is building a solid relationship with him. “Coach Giles is open,” Collins said. “He’ll listen to you. He’s a good coach. He’s a good dude. I like him.” Collins is a Texas legacy as his mother, Benita Pollard, played basketball on the Forty Acres. Naturally, Texas has been a large topic of conversation in his household.

So who is UT’s main competition? “OU,” Collins said. “They have good coaches. They are funny and fun to be around. They are good people. I like them.” Collins also mentioned Alabama as a potential official visit destination. He does not have a set decision timeline. At 6-foot-5, 245 pounds, Collins is ranked as the No. 12 strong-side defensive end and No. 213 overall prospect in the country, per 247Sports Composite.

E.J. Holland: Texas making impression on RB target Ty Jordan

Ty Jordan has been making the rounds. After recently visiting LSU on Saturday, Jordan made his way to Austin on for the Texas junior day event a couple of weeks ago. The three-star prospect from West Mesquite has been to Austin a few times, but he was able to spend some more time with Stan Drayton on this visit. “It was pretty good,” he said. “I’ve already been there. I like what they are doing that’s new. They are going to change the stadium and have some new renovations. It was just a great time meeting with Coach (Stan) Drayton and spending one-on-one time with him. It was a big impact.”

Drayton has a great reputation for connecting with players and teaching the fundamentals of the game. Jordan mentioned Drayton’s demeanor and passion for teaching as positive traits in the Texas assistant. “I like his seriousness,” Jordan said. “He can play with you, laugh with you or joke with you, but he can also get serious. I saw that a lot. He only had us for about 15 minutes, but he was already teaching us lessons and had us going.”

The Longhorns were one of the first big programs to offer Jordan, and they’ve hosted him a few times since then. He’s not planning on making a quick decision, but Texas is making an impact on him right now. “It’s up there,” he said. “I don’t plan on making a list or narrowing things down until closer to next season, but Texas is definitely on the map.”

Jordan is still looking at various options, and he’s keeping things open as he uses the spring to evaluate programs through unofficial visits. “I’m kind of looking at Arkansas and Colorado,” he said. “I’m trying not to really be biased towards anyone at this point.” At 5-foot-8, 180 pounds, Jordan is ranked as the No. 5 all-purpose back in the country and No. 47 overall prospect in Texas, according to 247Sports Composite.

29 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

My dad, a native Texan by the way, makes a great dish called white chili, that is all white ingredients. So various types of white beans, garbanzos included, shredded chicken, parsnips, seasoned with white pepper, etc.  

it looks kinda like cream of chicken soup watered down, but it eats good. 

White cake as dessert? /Leo

35 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

My dad, a native Texan by the way, makes a great dish called white chili, that is all white ingredients. So various types of white beans, garbanzos included, shredded chicken, parsnips, seasoned with white pepper, etc.  

Surprised it wasn’t duck.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

This is racist.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, satyanash said:

E.J. Holland: Texas still on top for four-star DL Alfred Collins

Reveal hidden contents

Texas is looking to add some major talent along the defensive line this recruiting cycle. One of the Longhorns’ priority targets is four-star Bastrop Cedar Creek product Alfred Collins, who made it clear Texas is at the top of his list at this point in the process. “Texas is still No. 1,” Collins said. “I haven’t been down there in a while, but I plan to go back soon. I grew up a UT fan. I just like (Tom) Coach Herman and the school.”

Collins added that he keeps in frequent contact with defensive line coach Oscar Giles and is building a solid relationship with him. “Coach Giles is open,” Collins said. “He’ll listen to you. He’s a good coach. He’s a good dude. I like him.” Collins is a Texas legacy as his mother, Benita Pollard, played basketball on the Forty Acres. Naturally, Texas has been a large topic of conversation in his household.

So who is UT’s main competition? “OU,” Collins said. “They have good coaches. They are funny and fun to be around. They are good people. I like them.” Collins also mentioned Alabama as a potential official visit destination. He does not have a set decision timeline. At 6-foot-5, 245 pounds, Collins is ranked as the No. 12 strong-side defensive end and No. 213 overall prospect in the country, per 247Sports Composite.

But, but, aggy says they're going to split Broughton and Collins.

2 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

But very healthy.

I've come to realize that the simpler the dish, the better the taste (i.e. grilled/ sauteed veggies, salads with only greens #teamfuckiceburg, etc.)

The shit you quoted makes me feel like a dash to the toilet is imminent. New Mexico style food is good so it probably just looks bad tho. 

3 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

I've come to realize that the simpler the dish, the better the taste (i.e. grilled/ sauteed veggies, salads with only greens #teamfuckiceburg, etc.)

The shit you quoted makes me feel like a dash to the toilet is imminent. New Mexico style food is good so it probably just looks bad tho. 

Having spent time in New Mexico, their food is bad and they should feel bad.

• Like 4