Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Anyone have quotes from recruits that visited.  I think Roach had a thread up on 247.  Really hoping we can lock Bijan up and then push for Evans through the year.  ou is looking like it will land two 5 star RBs.  We should be able to do the same hopefully.  Looks like Eaton and Alford had a good time.  Hope the DL guys got to see the 4 man fronts we ran with Ossai playing the edge.

2 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Anyone have quotes from recruits that visited.  I think Roach had a thread up on 247.  Really hoping we can lock Bijan up and then push for Evans through the year.  ou is looking like it will land two 5 star RBs.  We should be able to do the same hopefully.  Looks like Eaton and Alford had a good time.  Hope the DL guys got to see the 4 man fronts we ran with Ossai playing the edge.

I think Eaton ends up at aggy and I'm OK with that.  I'd bet he's behind Crawford, Rogers, and Kimber on the CB board in-state.

1 hour ago, victory88 said:

B Bijan Robinson, Tucson (Az.) Salpointe Catholic - "The spring game was great.  I got to meet a lot of people.  I loved everything about Texas and what they have going for them."

• Like 2

Nobody on 247 has come out and said anything officially but looking like EJ doesn’t work for them anymore, he has disappeared from the board and removed all 247 stuff from his twitter. 

If it ends up being the case thank God we don’t have to listen to that idiot anymore. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, bEastTexas said:

Nobody on 247 has come out and said anything officially but looking like EJ doesn’t work for them anymore, he has disappeared from the board and removed all 247 stuff from his twitter. 

If it ends up being the case thank God we don’t have to listen to that idiot anymore. 

It wouldn't be shocking if he decided to try to make a 7v7 coverage platform. It's all he really seems to care about.

2 minutes ago, bEastTexas said:

He was only good for trolling aggie. Roach is good, time for him to step up.

• Like 2

RB Bijan Robinson, Tucson (Az.) Salpointe Catholic - "The spring game was great.  I got to meet a lot of people.  I loved everything about Texas and what they have going for them."

RB Brandon Campbell - "The Atmosphere at the Stadium Was Amazing! It was everything I expected from my childhood favorite school! I definitely want to Come back out here and build a relationship with the staff. I really like what they got going on I can see myself playing here. I always have been able to envision that."

RB Cam'Ron Valdez, Rockdale - "The atmosphere was crazy."

WR Troy Omeire, Fort Bend Austin - "It was a bit cold, but it was a good game.  I had fun and saw a lot of people get reps.  I liked that the ball was in the air every other play."

WR Latrell Neville, Houston Willowridge - "It's probably one of the best visits you can take as a recruit.  The hospitality and love is top notch."

TE Var'Keyes Gumms, Spring Dekaney - "I enjoyed the visit to UT. The atmosphere was great. I'll be back on the 40 acres for the season."

OT Chad Lindberg, Clear Creek - "Really great visit in terms of recruiting.  Enjoyed my time with the commits a lot."

OT Tommy Brockermeyer, Fort Worth All Saints - "The Texas Spring this year was awesome! I always love to come down here and talk with all the coaches. Getting to watch James get an offer from Coach Herman was a great experience."

OT Jonah Miller, Tucson (Az.) Salpointe Catholic - "The game was electric, I’ve never seen a spring game that live before. The visit blew my mind and the coaches really made me feel at home. Coach Hand is an amazing person, and I really like him. It would be great to have him as my coach."

OT Reuben Fatheree, Richmond Foster - "It's always nice visiting with coach Hand, and it's an awesome atmosphere for a game."

OT Hayden Conner, Katy Taylor - "It was great to get back on campus and see coach Hand. Excited for the future of the Longhorns with the young talent that they have."

OT Kam Dewberry, Atascocita - "It was an amazing atmosphere, and something I wouldn't mind to be a part of."

OG Logan Parr, San Antonio O'Connor - "Had a great time spending time with all the commits and guys like Chad (Lindberg) and Vernon (Broughton). I can’t wait till my time at Texas."

OG Bryce Foster, Katy Taylor - "It was awesome.  It's a beautiful campus, and I was glad to see the coaches again."

OC James Brockermeyer, Fort Worth All Saints - "I really enjoyed getting to talk with the coaches, and the environment is great here."

OC Jake Majors, Prosper - "It was an amazing time being able to spend a lot of time with Logan (Parr), Jaylen (Garth), Hudson (Card), and Chad (Lindberg) at the game. Always good hanging out with my guys and was also able to meet Vernon Broughton who is hands down a great player and an even better guy to hang around with."

DL Alfred Collins, Bastrop Cedar Creek - "It was great, and the atmosphere was hyped."

DE Robert Wooten, Stafford - "The atmosphere was just different."

LB Clayton Smith, Texas High - "It was a fun experience, the tour of the facilities was amazing and the food is great."

LB Brennon Scott, Bishop Dunne - "It was live. The atmosphere was great, and the defense played amazing."

CB Joshua Eaton, Aldine MacArthur - "Phenomenal. I loved everything. The atmosphere was just amazing."

CB Jahari Rogers, Arlington - "Literally everything was amazing, but just talking to the coaches was the highlight."

S JD Coffey, Kennedale - "The spring game was a great experience, and I really enjoyed watching the defense work together. Watching the dbs play aggressive and control the field was very interesting to watch."

S Xavion Alford, Shadow Creek - "I loved the game. Texas always lays the red carpet out for me. Coach Naivar is a real dude and I love the way he coaches. The defense was great despite the injuries in the secondary. I love Texas and will be back up soon."

ATH Kelvontay Dixon, Carthage - "It was a great visit."

I liked a couple quotes:

OG Logan Parr, San Antonio O'Connor - "Had a great time spending time with all the commits and guys like Chad (Lindberg) and Vernon (Broughton). I can’t wait till my time at Texas."

OC Jake Majors, Prosper - "It was an amazing time being able to spend a lot of time with Logan (Parr), Jaylen (Garth), Hudson (Card), and Chad (Lindberg) at the game. Always good hanging out with my guys and was also able to meet Vernon Broughton who is hands down a great player and an even better guy to hang around with."

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

He's been writing for them about SMU recruiting for a while now as a side gig

I wonder if they pay him 6 figs for that or just an occasional bag of cat food. Time to re-cue the DMN sports coverage has gone downhill talk?

1 hour ago, bEastTexas said:

He just posted this.

Texas extends offer to four-star DL Conyers 

ByEJ HOLLAND 17 minutes ago 
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Sounds like Herman and the boys put on a nice weekend. The game was dull, but that was just a small part of the weekend for these guys. They carried their excitement and enthusiasm from the rest of the day into the stadium.

I don't see how anyone can be other than delighted by those reactions. However, I'm sure we'll find something to hate even if it's grammar.

• Like 1