Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

3 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

I’m just gonna assume we aren’t gonna land any of our top targets at DL again.  That way I can’t be let down.

Linebacker and Dline are over rated. New thing is to put 11 safetys on the field at the same time. 

7 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

so excited praise jesus GIF

Sorry. I don’t follow recruiting much. It’s good that they got him because?  Drama queen, grade risk, character issues or makes it more likely we get a guy we want more?

thanks, I’ll hand up and listen. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Sorry. I don’t follow recruiting much. It’s good that they got him because?  Drama queen, grade risk, character issues or makes it more likely we get a guy we want more?

He's big and strong, but really slow. Kind of a less athletic LJH. We're probably only taking three WRs this class, and they'll have time to develop, so people want guys w more upside.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Quentin Johnston is better.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

He's big and strong, but really slow. Kind of a less athletic LJH. We're probably only taking three WRs this class, and they'll have time to develop, so people want guys w more upside.

nobody knows how he will develop.  literally the only thing bad anyone can say about him is that he ran a 4.8 at a camp one time.  tom herman wanted him more than anyone here did, so I guess we’re all smarter than tom.  but anyway, on to the next guy.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

The thought of catching 30% of passes from Zach Calzada in the future must have been to good to pass up.

Stupid sip..dontcha kno that Jimbo is the QB Whisperer? Calzone will have a 90% completion rate, win 3 Heismans, and carry the texum aggy to multiple SEC and national titles over Saban and Dabo.

41 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

35 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Mostly this 

32 minutes ago, cdain3 said:

Quentin Johnston is better.

But also this 

We dodged a bullet 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Head to head win over them dern sips!!  Jimbo getting who he wants!!  Just wait til' Broughton commits!!  Yada yada.

Yep....

"A&M gets big head-to-head victory over Texas for 4-star Omeire"

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/Article/Troy-Omeire-Texas-AM-commit-football-recruiting-Fort-Bend-Austin-121640433/

Just now, LTtxfan said:

The best thing on this is the post that says "Get Broughton by the end of the month!" with the post right next to it saying "The Fong is never wrong!" without realizing Broughton has been Fong'd to Texas.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I am just shocked, shocked I tell you that Mehringer lost a head to head battle against Craig.

good thing Mehringer’s shitty recruiting could save him from his shitty evals.

"Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good" 

DeShaun Hanika (2019) Juco TE visiting this week, full qualifier with 4 years to play.  

H: 6'5" W 215

40 time:  4.7

Shuttle: 4.46

Vertical 31

Troy Omeire (2020) (Houston Opening)

H: 6' 3.5" W: 217

40 time 4.69

Shuttle:  4.37

Vertical 32.5

Our TE recruit looks like the same guy as Omeire.  

Edited by lemonandaturd

36 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I am just shocked, shocked I tell you that Mehringer lost a head to head battle against Craig.

good thing Mehringer’s shitty recruiting could save him from his shitty evals.

Omeire is kinda meh.

It's really scary how every writer covering aggy seems to be a grad of Kim il Sung school of journalism in beautiful downtown Pyongyang. These guys put the Iraqi information minister to shame..
  • Like 1

Just now, ousux said:
1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

It's really scary how every writer covering aggy seems to be a grad of Kim il Sung school of journalism in beautiful downtown Pyongyang. These guys put the Iraqi information minister to shame..

Obligatory:

Image result for photo caption

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lemonandaturd said:

DeShaun Hanika (2019) Juco TE visiting this week, full qualifier with 4 years to play.  

H: 6'5" W 215

40 time:  4.7

Shuttle: 4.46

Vertical 31

Troy Omeire (2020) (Houston Opening)

H: 6' 3.5" W: 217

40 time 4.69

Shuttle:  4.37

Vertical 32.5

Our TE recruit looks like the same guy as Omeire.  

4.69 is generous. He is basically Josh Marshall.