Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

I call bullshit on the Broughton and Arky stuff.  Not a single crystal ball pick and it was posted a few pages back that even an Arky mod didn't think they were in the lead. 

Perroni is full of shit Hamm style on this one.  Not once has he ever acknowledged that Texas was in a good spot with Broughton and always spews some BS like today "my gut says if he committed today it'd be Arky."

I have no doubt Morris said lots of bad things about Herman to Broughton though.

Is there a decent Bama board? Holy s*** BamaOnline was a beating. Every other post on George was a DJ Fluker comparison or Saban is building a monster, ROLL DAMN TIDE! Saban has won FIVE national championships at Bama; it goes without saying he's built a monster. Do they post that s*** every time they get an OOS 3 star? 

The rest of the George thread was posters shouting down Evans Package Deal proofers. 

5 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Is there a decent Bama board? Holy s*** BamaOnline was a beating. Every other post on George was a DJ Fluker comparison or Saban is building a monster, ROLL DAMN TIDE! Saban has won FIVE national championships at Bama; it goes without saying he's built a monster. Do they post that s*** every time they get an OOS 3 star? 

The rest of the George thread was posters shouting down Evans Package Deal proofers. 

imgur

4 hours ago, satyanash said:

Haven't heard much on Flowe.

Just saw George committed to Bama, are you hearing if Evans is sticking to his timeline and “package” offer?

Wouldn't surprise me, but I haven't checked in with North Shore sources in a bit.

Have you had a chance to talk to Wilson yet? Did Texas gain any steam on his unofficial?

I haven't been able to reach him yet, and I've heard he's hard to get in contact with

whaddayado.jpg?fit=1024,576&ssl=1

• Like 1

Be interesting to see if it is a package deal.....all reports were that Evans was looking at depth charts and wanted to be ‘“the” guy on the roster.  Bama signed 2 5* last class and if he goes, there are 3. Playing time will be tough. The $9.95’ers were saying that we would only offer Evans and he would be the only RB we would take this cycle....that obviously was click bait.  We get Bijan and it’s a wash.  Adrian Peterrrrrr......Zack Evans will be able to watch Texas “Get there” just like AD watched us win a MNC.  I have never understood why these kids take shots at Texas when they are choosing another school.  Be happy with your decision and shut the f$ck up.  Paging Garrett Wilson.....

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Harvdog said:

Be interesting to see if it is a package deal.....all reports were that Evans was looking at depth charts and wanted to be ‘“the” guy on the roster.  Bama signed 2 5* last class and if he goes, there are 3. Playing time will be tough. The $9.95’ers were saying that we would only offer Evans and he would be the only RB we would take this cycle....that obviously was click bait.  We get Bijan and it’s a wash.  Adrian Peterrrrrr......Zack Evans will be able to watch Texas “Get there” just like AD watched us win a MNC.  I have never understood why these kids take shots at Texas when they are choosing another school.  Be happy with your decision and shut the f$ck up.  Paging Garrett Wilson.....

Actually Evans has been really consistent he wants other backs to share the workload. 

• Like 2

It seems to me that you can disregard anything Evans has said about school preferences or what is important to him. He can’t talk about what is really important to him since it’s “illegal”. 

Not that I blame these kids honestly. Someone offering you’re fam 6figs and you live in Galena Park is tough to turn down. I just don’t understand why they don’t take the money and just say I love it here, felt like home etc. 

13 minutes ago, Fud said:

Evans says a lot of shit

This got a well deserved chuckle. 

Evans also said he wasn't going far from home so his Grandma could watch him play every game. He definitely said he wants to play with Milton and split his carries. He has said he's a fucking package deal. If his pick is Alabama, one of those things is a fucking lie. If his pick is anyone else, then a couple of those things are lies. At this point, dude is going to have a rough time making a decision that doesn't make at least half of what has come out of his mouth complete bullshit after the fact. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

31 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

at RB, Bama currently has

• Jr: 5* Najae Harris, 4* Brian Robinson
  • So: 4* Jerome Ford
  • Fr: 5* Trey Sanders, 4* Keilan Robinson
  • Recruits: 4* Roydell Williams (no slouch, #101 overall in the composite, committed since November 2018)

Edited by NoName

Maybe I should not feel this way but I am just not concerned about the WR or RB position. Unless we scout like Mack Brown circa 2007 and sign Tre Newton and Phillip Payne, this state produces enough talent to have ample productivity at those positions regardless of how many leave the state. 

What terrifies me is the random Arkansas’ of the world out hustling us for key in state defensive linemen where options are limited. There is no easy replacement for Collins or Broughton. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Maybe I should not feel this way but I am just not concerned about the WR or RB position. Unless we scout like Mack Brown circa 2007 and sign Tre Newton and Phillip Payne, this state produces enough talent to have ample productivity at those positions regardless of how many leave the state. 

What terrifies me is the random Arkansas’ of the world out hustling us for key in state defensive linemen where options are limited. There is no easy replacement for Collins or Broughton. 

Nonsense. It has been well established on Surly that Orlando and Giles turn 3* DL into 5* DL. 

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

After the elite tier of guys like Waddle, Demas, Lamb, Wease, etc, of where there probably averages about one a year, there are dozens of fungible guys who are attainable for a school like Texas every year, so I agree that we shouldn't get too worked up about the position. I do think WRs outside of the top guys get overrated in the rankings, and since there's such a surplus of good enough WRs to service pretty much everyone in the region, I think they should start to be discounted in the rankings. Not that I'm expecting that to happen or anything. 

Scares you to death
  • Haha 1

Just now, GabrielsHorn said:

It’s pretty neat to see him really help our program even when he didn’t commit here himself. Here’s to DFW recruiting improving. 

He transferred to UH from OSU when Herman was there. He never played because of injuries.

10 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Rivals top 150 for Texas is out.

Collins up to #41 in-state.

Garth at #43 ( not sure where he was before? )

Crawford up to #57

Parr dropped all the way to #61

Karic at #63

Hullaby is at #66 after not being in the previous state rankings.

Dixon at #95

https://n.rivals.com/state_rankings/2020/texas

Are we still trying to make Rivals rankings a thing? Rivals is so fetch.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Crawford up to #57

Karic at #63

Dixon at #95

JQJ at #25 is a joke.

3 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

Can't y'all just leave the complaining about recruiting rankings to the aggies? Especially in June?

Are you really complaining about recruiting ranking discussion on the 2020 recruiting thread after one of the 3 major services just updated their rankings?

Maybe you prefer hand size/geography/Stanford academics talk instead?

Edited by elguapo
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Crawford up to #57

Karic at #63

Dixon at #95

Their evaluations are the worst. They usually do a great job of re-adjusting their rankings in February based on AA games and competitors work so their final rankings look ok.

• Like 1