Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

7 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Could be that QuayDarius was just a huge Texas fan and Samples sealed the deal, but I wonder if having JQJ in the fold is already paying dividends elsewhere on the trail.

I think JQJ will have a similar effect that Malik had when it comes to guys wanting to play with him with regards to Dallas recruits.  We're likely to land CT3, Rogers, and Dorbah.  Quay Davis is another big name in Dallas and he's also coming from a big time school in Skyline.  Next year, we're sitting in a great spot for Landon Jackson, Burris, and will get the number 1 player in the state in Tommy Brokermeyer.  Looks like our luck is Dallas is making a quick 180.  JQJ is a fucking alpha.  

Edited by victory88

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

Moderate. They’re going to have to work for a long time to keep him in the fold. Hope he’s truly a fully bought in bell cow. Better first 2021 commit than what I was dreading though. 

I assume you're alluding to Stone.  What do you think about the California kid, Garcia?

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Austin area folks, check weather.  Currently 3 different tornado warnings (Sw of Kingsland, Spicewood Lagos Vista to Oasis area, and Taylor south)

Johnson City, Round Mt, Horseshoe Bay too...

Thanks, but got my notification already.

Image-1-1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Spoiler

Rising defensive end Van Fillinger out of Draper (UT) Corner Canyon was in Austin this weekend on an unofficial visit.

I just spoke to Fillinger, who is trying to fly out of Austin if the weather will allow it, and it sounds like things went very well. In fact, he said he was offered during the visit and he may return as early as next weekend for an official visit.

Fillinger plans to release a top five soon, probably in the next week or so. Very strong chance Texas makes the cut. The UT staff has been talking to him for a few weeks and as soon as they invited him in, he said he booked his visit because his interest in Texas is legit.

The 6-4, 255-pound Fillinger has picked up some impressive recent offers, including scholarships from Washington, Michigan, Ohio State and others in the last month.

Definitely a name to get to know ...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cafe society said:

I assume you're alluding to Stone.  

JQJ eliminates stone, thank god.  that kid runs for small private schools whenever anyone with a shred of talent stands in front of him.  it runs in his family.  with rojo, card, and JQJ ushering in the post-sam era, stone probably winds up at old dominion or hofstra.  

25 minutes ago, ousux said:
5 hours ago, happyhookem said:

Actually, Bonnie's husband was the cuck. I saw a documentary the other day that, if IIRC, said she was married during that time.

Wow, that puts even Jimbo to shame..

Well, Candi and her tennis coach didn't shoot up a bunch of banks. Although, she did get to take the money and run.

3 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Describing Texas as “Different” and saying “with that being said” he’s still happy to have an offer doesn’t strike me as great thing. 

I’ll hang up and wring my hands 

Reading waaaaay too much into that dude's English.

A lot of these kids just think "with that being said..." makes what comes next sound more important.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Describing Texas as “Different” and saying “with that being said” he’s still happy to have an offer doesn’t strike me as great thing. 

I’ll hang up and wring my hands 

DIFFERENT is how his cohort describes anything that’s above and beyond

• Like 1