Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

2 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

I don't have a dog in this fight other than I hope Broughton comes to Texas but you and Walden Ponderer should have a cage match to settle it.  

I’ve been asking for a surly (née shaggy) fight night for years. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fondren & Main said:

I will never get tired of this gif.  Look at this silly son of a bitch.  He’s like the alien expert version of Ric Renner.  He’s a complete doofus.

Pretty sure that dude has a smokin hot woman

2 hours ago, futureman said:

We had it, Grendel and hitby at the Shoal Creek Saloon. They just sat there and rubbed their dicks together. We don't need to see anything that pathetic ever again.

Lots of discussion about the inability of this staff to maximize resources/opportunities.  The counter to that is the possibility TH doesn't view it the same way and instead sees staff continuity, culture and program as the key to long term success.  The chart below depicts Clemson's rise under Dabo.  As most have read, he's been very loyal to his assistants and notorious for valuing staff continuity and culture/program above all else.  I'm not trying to say TH will have the same success, just offering there's more than one way of building a program.  Bama/UGA do it one way, Clemson did it another.

Year Rec Rnk Wins Bowl Poll
2009 36 9 Gator 24
2010 27 6 Music City NR
2011 10 10 BCS 22
2012 20 11 Chick-Fil-A 9
2013 15 11 BCS 7
2014 16 10 Russel Ath 15
2015 9 14 L NCG 2
2016 11 14 W NCG 1
2017 16 12 BCS 4
2018 7 15 W NCG 1

Edited by Stampeder
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, Stampeder said:

Lots of discussion about the inability of this staff to maximize resources/opportunities.  The counter to that is the possibility TH doesn't view it the same way and instead sees staff continuity, culture and program as the key to long term success.  The chart below depicts Clemson's rise under Dabo.  As most have read, he's been very loyal to his assistants and notorious for valuing staff continuity and culture/program above all else.  I'm not trying to say TH will have the same success, just offering there's more than one way of building a program.  Bama/UGA do it one way, Clemson did it another.

Year Rec Rnk Wins Bowl Poll
2009 36 9 Gator 24
2010 27 6 Music City NR
2011 10 10 BCS 22
2012 20 11 Chick-Fil-A 9
2013 15 11 BCS 7
2014 16 10 Russel Ath 15
2015 9 14 L NCG 2
2016 11 14 W NCG 1
2017 16 12 BCS 4
2018 7 15 W NCG 1

Good morning Coach Herman. Get off Surly and get us a fucking stud RB and some monster d-linemen.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hornsfan91 said:

Don’t know what happened there. But TFB said as of July 3rd, Broughton is UT bound.

Where did you see this one? Can’t find it on their site. Last they reported on Broughton he was going to do a pros and cons checklist with his mom and pick. Would love to get my hands on that list when he compares Austin and college station

7 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Where did you see this one? Can’t find it on their site. Last they reported on Broughton he was going to do a pros and cons checklist with his mom and pick. Would love to get my hands on that list when he compares Austin and college station

Aggy’s checklist looks something like this:

million%20dollar%20check.jpg

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

It was reported by CJ Vogel, who is probably the least connected of the Texas TFB writers

TFB going out on a limb there with everything else saying he's all aggy. His mom does seem:

1.) Pretty heavily involved.

2.) Sold on Texas.

Now, that doesn't necessarialy mean anything. LJH's mom publicly declared he was returning on Twitter and we saw how that turned out. But the longer it drags out and the more they discuss it the better shot Texas has to get back in it. It'd be nice if we had a recruiter we could trust on the case, but we'll know soon either way it seems.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, satyanash said:

Greg Biggins: Emptying the notebook following The Opening Finals

Hide contents

While Demas might be a hair faster in terms of straight line speed, Fleming showed more explosion and burst in and out of his routes and also seemed a lot more engaged with his teammates all week and more competitive overall as well.

This is impossible. I was told Demas was infecting people all week. 

Something to consider also, when teams put classes together, you have more players in these guy’s ear about joining them.  We have 7 commits.... we have little to no presence at these camps right now.  Players want to play with other guys and want to be part of a good class. Right now you can bet coaches are saying, why do you want to join their failing class.  They don’t have any commits.  Our momentum is lacking.  Someone posted that list of commits to the top 15 ranked teams to put things in perspective.  Most schools have on average 15 or more commits.  We’re at fucking 7 and can’t seem to get these kids to jump on board.  Thankfully Dorbah, CT3, and Lindberg seem to be announcing soon.

As far as Broughton, seems like he wants to be at aggy.  Luckily it seems like his mom is running his recruitment and wants him with her daughter.  Also depends where sister wants to be in school.  With that said, the word out of all these camps is that he’s come very close to committing multiple times to aggy but it seems like mom wants to talk it over.  

Edited by victory88

33 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

TFB going out on a limb there with everything else saying he's all aggy. His mom does seem:

1.) Pretty heavily involved.

2.) Sold on Texas.

Now, that doesn't necessarialy mean anything. LJH's mom publicly declared he was returning on Twitter and we saw how that turned out. But the longer it drags out and the more they discuss it the better shot Texas has to get back in it. It'd be nice if we had a recruiter we could trust on the case, but we'll know soon either way it seems.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Lulz. Sub out Broughton for Leal and that would’ve been accurate last year. Broughton is going aggy. 

20 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

What would be the feeling on here if Texas lands Collins and Umanmielen, but Broughton goes aggy??

I mentioned on this thread way early in the cycle that Texas needed to land all 3 plus Dorbah at DE/BB because it’s a great class in Texas for massive guys that project well to the pros. I’d take 3 of the 4 and be happy at this point. I don’t think PU is hard to replace, but he’s in the backyard. 

12 hours ago, futureman said:

I would be happy to be a part of setting this up, so long as I could match up with you in the ring. 

Just now, Thiefery said:

I do think the longer broughton holds out his announcement, the better for UT.  Same with Bijan Robinson.

Well, right now neither is expected to pick Texas.... our only hope is they push back their decisions so we can prove it on the field.  

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I mentioned on this thread way early in the cycle that Texas needed to land all 3 plus Dorbah at DE/BB because it’s a great class in Texas for massive guys that project well to the pros. I’d take 3 of the 4 and be happy at this point. I don’t think PU is hard to replace, but he’s in the backyard. 

I would be happy to be a part of setting this up, so long as I could match up with you in the ring. 

I remember the $9.95ers saying to expect to land 2 of the 3. The optimists just assumed we would whiff on the lowest ranked guy, Princely. Personally, I’m readying myself for Collins, Dorbah, and an OG special. 

5 minutes ago, Ok. Caol Hook Em! said:

Speaking of, did he really change his top 5 again and put us in it? If so, I’m pleasantly surprised the 9.95ers haven’t even bothered including him in any of our notes. Think we’ve moved on? 

Just doing it for his high school coaches.