Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

1 hour ago, westexhorn said:
Spoiler

2020 Prosper OL Jake Majors "Big time win for the guys after breaking the losing streak against OSU. Very excited to see them build off of this after winning and not even playing at their full potential."

2020 San Antonio O’Connor OL Logan Parr – “The offensive line showed what direction the unit itself is headed and how they will be the best unit in the nation.”

2020 Aldine MacArthur CB Joshua Eaton – “It was remarkable. The atmosphere was amazing.”

2020 Lufkin safety Jerrin Thompson – “One game at a time.”

2021 Fort Bend Hightower WR Latrell Neville – “I’m loving everything that coach Herman is doing.”

2021 The Woodlands WR Teddy Knox – “It was great.”

2021 Tucson (Az.) Salpointe Catholic OL Jonah Miller "It was an amazing game.  I got super hyped."

2021 Mineola LB Trevion Sneed – “I love it. They played hard and were very tough. That’s definitely something I am looking to be a part of.”

2021 Clear Lake CB Mark Wilson – “It was a great game. Coach (Jason) Washington has the secondary looking really good, and they’re playing a complete game overall on defense. The offense finished the game.”

2022 Skyline DT Bear Alexander – “Just seeing them get after it and compete was great. I feel like the offensive side on both teams moved the ball pretty well. Defensively, both teams came out with that hunger and that aggression to just perform and be productive.”

2022 Tyler Lee RB Jamarion Miller – “The game was good. We were hot at the beginning, and when we got towards the end we turned the ball over a couple of times.”

2022 Hebron RB Isaiah Broadway – “I had a great time. I enjoyed the atmosphere and culture of the school.”

• Like 3

Just now, Dummy said:
  Hide contents

2020 Prosper OL Jake Majors "Big time win for the guys after breaking the losing streak against OSU. Very excited to see them build off of this after winning and not even playing at their full potential."

2020 San Antonio O’Connor OL Logan Parr – “The offensive line showed what direction the unit itself is headed and how they will be the best unit in the nation.”

2020 Aldine MacArthur CB Joshua Eaton – “It was remarkable. The atmosphere was amazing.”

2020 Lufkin safety Jerrin Thompson – “One game at a time.”

2021 Fort Bend Hightower WR Latrell Neville – “I’m loving everything that coach Herman is doing.”

2021 The Woodlands WR Teddy Knox – “It was great.”

2021 Tucson (Az.) Salpointe Catholic OL Jonah Miller "It was an amazing game.  I got super hyped."

2021 Mineola LB Trevion Sneed – “I love it. They played hard and were very tough. That’s definitely something I am looking to be a part of.”

2021 Clear Lake CB Mark Wilson – “It was a great game. Coach (Jason) Washington has the secondary looking really good, and they’re playing a complete game overall on defense. The offense finished the game.”

2022 Skyline DT Bear Alexander – “Just seeing them get after it and compete was great. I feel like the offensive side on both teams moved the ball pretty well. Defensively, both teams came out with that hunger and that aggression to just perform and be productive.”

2022 Tyler Lee RB Jamarion Miller – “The game was good. We were hot at the beginning, and when we got towards the end we turned the ball over a couple of times.”

2022 Hebron RB Isaiah Broadway – “I had a great time. I enjoyed the atmosphere and culture of the school.”

Jamarion Miller's pronoun usage has me gruntled

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Dummy said:
  Hide contents

Isaiah Broadway, RB. Bear Alexander, DT. 2022 name game is strong. 

He’s soft and he runs a 4.8. Ive never understood the hype that’s built around him for the past year.  No way he’s the best X behind Colin.

Agreed. On the pick he let that cb muscle inside and then inexplicably faded away from the ball instead of moving in strong with his hands. Those big guys need more time which means you should only really have 1-2 in the wr room at a time. Next year it will be Epps and Omeire. Don’t take any more for awhile.

7 minutes ago, tejas60 said:

so is Brown going on medical redshirt, medical hardship, or medical scholarship. 

what in the world do that mean?

No one knows right now. If he tries to play next year, this will just be his redshirt year. If he decides to give up football, then he’ll go on medical scholarship and won’t count against the team’s 85 limit, but he will still get his scholarship.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Chrispy_ said:

Wait, can you seriously play football after a craniectomy? 

Makes a difference as to why you needed one. If you had an epidural hemorrhage, there's usually no underlying brain damage/injury and the procedure generally requires just a small hole. Essentially, there are no long-term consequences.

OTOH after a subdural or other types of hemorrhage (which is apparently what happened in this case), even if the surgery goes well there are usually going to be some permanent neurological problems. Moreover, the surgery itself is much more complicated and may require a larger entrance through the skull (which can be permanently weakened).

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Spawn of Cthulhu said:

Makes a difference as to why you needed one. If you had an epidural hemorrhage, there's usually no underlying brain damage/injury and the procedure generally requires just a small hole. Essentially, there are no long-term consequences.

OTOH after a subdural or other types of hemorrhage (which is apparently what happened in this case), even if the surgery goes well there are usually going to be some permanent neurological problems. Moreover, the surgery itself is much more complicated and may require a larger entrance through the skull (which can be permanently weakened).

pulp_fiction+big+brain+brett.jpg

• Like 2

I have undergone an emergency craniectomy due to subdural bleeding. They removed a piece of my skull, cleaned and repaired the affected area, returned the skull piece to its place, leaving two small holes for temporary drainage tubes. 
I would think my repaired skull could be easily damaged playing football.
I have no permanent neurological damage, however, other than spending time on surly and thinking you guys are funny. Is that wrong?

Your concerns would be far less warranted if you had the speed CTJ possesses that enables him to avoid any and all contact.
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Junior Bonner said:

I have undergone an emergency craniectomy due to subdural bleeding. They removed a piece of my skull, cleaned and repaired the affected area, returned the skull piece to its place, leaving two small holes for temporary drainage tubes. 

I have no permanent neurological damage, however, other than spending time on surly and thinking you guys are funny. Is that wrong?

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Junior Bonner said:

It’s a worrisome symptom to be sure. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

He would have, but then we slow played him too much. However, with arky losing to SJSU (fucking lol) the door's gotta be opening back up.

i guess the question is with our taking omeire, do we have a spot?  i believe others posted earlier that we have 1 or 2 wr spots remaining and they may be saved for others.

Edited by crash_davis

34 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

i guess the question is with our taking omeire, do we have a spot?  i believe others posted earlier that we have 1 or 2 wr spots remaining and they may be saved for others.

LVBS is still a total long shot and none of Omeire, Johnston, or Fuonji project to slot WR. If this staff is still slow playing him, it’s a stupid move. 

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

They are going to flip Dixon. I doubt LVBS ever visits again. Anyone saying that Texas won’t take Dixon is full of shit and to be disregarded. I went through all of the WR related stuff a few pages back if someone wants to link or you want to find them. It’s highly doubtful that they take two more WRs and it is looking like the one open slot is about to be taken. 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

They are going to flip Dixon. I doubt LVBS ever visits again. Anyone saying that Texas won’t take Dixon is full of shit and to be disregarded. I went through all of the WR related stuff a few pages back if someone wants to link or you want to find them. It’s highly doubtful that they take two more WRs and it is looking like the one open slot is about to be taken. 

h0B3D2F98

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

tumblr_lv9gy159oI1r2avnn.gif

• Like 7
  • Haha 2