Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Not even the best in the biz, sir. For obvious reasons, relaying shit to official voices covering the team could have hacked it all up, so we witnessed relative lockdown. 

You did all you could to save them from themselves. And for that, we salute you. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

1 minute ago, Mason Ramsey said:

Is landing Fouonji and Dixon/LVBS still possible at this point? I really at least 2 out of those 3

Was about to post this as well. The timing is pretty interesting if one is to believe the Orangeblood's report that Fouonji and LVBS were scheduling their OVs for the same weekend. Please let Omeire be recruited to TE.

5 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

High risk, high reward with this guy. Has the measurables to be a good red zone target, but could also turn out to be an old Bobby Kennedy special.

I don't see high reward with those athletic measureables unless he's a LJH clone.  He looks like a low floor, low ceiling player to me.  Weird ass take with the number of spots we have left and what's on tap for the next class. It's almost like we just wanted to take a toy from Jimbo. 

Edited by RabidM
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, RabidM said:

I don't see high reward with those athletic measureables unless he's a LJH clone.  He looks like a low floor, low ceiling player to me.  Weird ass take with the number of spots we have left and what's on tap for the next class. It's almost like we just wanted to take a toy from Jimbo. 

Don't think he has any LJ attributes. I guess I meant he either contributes as a good red zone/downfield target given measurables or is a total bust that never sees the field. 

1 minute ago, tokamak said:

Two questions:

1. How does he compare to the guy from Austin last year that went to Stanford? Name escapes me right now.
  2. For those that follow such things, how many milliseconds did it take aggy to start claiming that they cut him loose?

Elijah Higgins. Omeire has worse measurables. 

About 800. Human reaction time plus latency plus time to write that out and hit send. The time it took to go from realizing what happened to initiating the process of reply tends to 0.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Son of a fucking bitch. I should have been more overt. We should have had Longhornfrenzy go DM Liucci so the ATM staff could intervene. 

So we let Kelvontay Dixon walk, will likely punt on Fuonji, who will go to somewhere like OSU or TCU and anger us for years, to take a fucking giraffe. 

They're trying to get back in on Dixon. I hope they get it done. Fuck. 

I'm not feeling this flip. There are too many great WR prospects to take one that runs like a freshman defensive lineman.