Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Guessing only one spot now for Fuonji and LVBS then

i am going to be curious as to how this plays out with the reports around LVBS having qualification issues? and Fuonji having a getting a ton of helium recently

Edited by NoName

Just now, closetojumping said:

Son of a fucking bitch. I should have been more overt. We should have had Longhornfrenzy go DM Liucci so the ATM staff could intervene. 

So we let Kelvontay Dixon walk, will likely punt on Fuonji, who will go to somewhere like OSU or TCU and anger us for years, to take a fucking giraffe. 

They're trying to get back in on Dixon. I hope they get it done. Fuck. 

Are we off Bunkley-Shelton now?

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

Are we off Bunkley-Shelton now?

I don't remember if I posted my thoughts here or just bullshitting with people off line, but I haven't bullish on Bunkley-Shelton at all. The dad is ... involved, they're in California, his transcripts aren't strong, and there are guys like him in Texas. I know he has an OV lined up. I'll legitimately be surprised if he makes the visit. I'm not against getting him in the class or anything. Just seems farfetched the further into the cycle we go.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Son of a fucking bitch. I should have been more overt. We should have had Longhornfrenzy go DM Liucci so the ATM staff could intervene. 

So we let Kelvontay Dixon walk, will likely punt on Fuonji, who will go to somewhere like OSU or TCU and anger us for years, to take a fucking giraffe. 

https://247sports.com/player/troy-omeire-46051486/

Thought we didn't want due to lack of speed --will he move to TE or a possible defensive line spot??

Verified Results

FORTY    4.69 secs    THE OPENING REGIONAL03/17/19

SHUTTLE.    4.37 secs   THE OPENING REGIONAL03/17/19

VERTICAL.     32.50"     THE OPENING REGIONAL03/17/19

WEIGHT.          217.00 lbs      THE OPENING REGIONAL03/17/19

HEIGHT.            6'-3.5"       THE OPENING REGIONAL03/17/19

Edited by LTtxfan

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

I love that not a single 9.95er had a single whiff of this as well, didn’t even mention it as a possibility 

Not even the best in the biz, sir. For obvious reasons, relaying shit to official voices covering the team could have hacked it all up, so we witnessed relative lockdown. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

https://247sports.com/player/troy-omeire-46051486/

Thought we didn't want this slow guy --will he move to TE or a possible defensive line spot??

Verified Results

Lil'J did okay in this offense running a slow as shit 40.  I guess Texas has a plan for him.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

As always, thanks for your insight. You definitely nailed this one when NO ONE else saw it coming. Fun to see the "out of left field" BS from 9.95ers when the Shag, err, Surly knew a couple of days ago.

• Like 3

Just now, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Guy is slow as molasses, but our staff seems to value having a giant possession receiver on the field. 

Agree.  Based on the staff's model, this is their preferred complimentary X piece to a guy like Johnston at Z.

Then recruit waterbugs (with fantastic hands a la Duvernay) at H.

• Haha 2