Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

I have no insight on this guy.  But what is abundantly clear is that the staff does not put much weight on 40 times.  In press conferences, Herman refers to mph sprint times on the field (measured i assume by GPS equipment) when he talks about player speed.  Not sure if they have better information about HS prospects, other than Herman's stated interest in track times. 

But given what technology is out there, it makes a lot of sense to me that there would be more accurate ways of measuring functional football speed/quickness than a 40 time. 

29 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I'm not feeling this flip. There are too many great WR prospects to take one that runs like a freshman defensive lineman. 

Was kind of looking forward to Loic Fouonji.  But we don't know what we don't know (aside from CTJ apparently).  Guess we'll see what else unfolds.  

Edited by Mdhorn

2 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

On one hand, nobody around here is that fired up about him. On the other, LOL aggy. Decommit season is upon us.

And I hate to go to the "trust the coaches" card since none of us around here are actual coaches except for Greg Davis CTJ, but this staff has been pretty damn good with their evals.

They also have shown that they get production from slow ass big WRs.

1 hour ago, 6th Street said:

High risk, high reward with this guy. Has the measurables to be a good red zone target, but could also turn out to be an old Bobby Kennedy special.

That cunt is at Iowa still coaching. Erm, uh.  Excuse me, COACH, is still coaching at Iowa.