Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Mike Roach: Oklahoma State visitor list

Still working to confirm several prospects but this is who we have right now. We'll update as we confirm.

OL Jaylen Garth, Port Neches-Groves

DL Princely Umanmielen, Manor (Official)

DB Xavion Alford, Shadow Creek

DB Kitan Crawford, John Tyler

DB Jerrin Thompson, Lufkin (Official)

ATH Ja'Quinden Jackson, Duncanville (Official)

LB Trevion Snead, Mineola

Edited by satyanash

Just now, satyanash said:

Hide contents

Still working to confirm several prospects but this is who we have right now. We'll update as we confirm.

We have a bigger list here just based on kids' tweets. Woof.

41 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Hide contents

Mike Roach waiting for recruits to actually be seen leaving campus before being able to confirm whether they intend to visit for the game.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Mike Roach waiting for recruits to actually be seen leaving campus before being able to confirm whether they intend to visit for the game.

but could he really confirm their intent to visit just because they visited? tough call for Roach, for sure. He'll get back to you on that one. 

1 hour ago, sushihorn said:

More specifically they're worried about an aggy boycott.  Dumb money spends just the same.

Watching 247 twist and placate to aggy is just great theatre. Last year, the Kenyon Green fiasco when they tried to say he was a guard only to have aggy go nuclear enough that they reclassified him again as a tackle to keep him higher in the rankings. Guess what? He is their starting left guard. 

This year they are going to be hyper sensitive because their top recruits are going to fall in the rankings due to dumbassery and suckitude, so they are just going to artificially keep recruits who are having monster senior seasons lower to make that fanbase feel better. The cocoon of delusion is just fantastic. 

16 hours ago, The Whistler said:

not judging his ability, at all.  just trying to get to the bottom of the ctj post 

I think he's alluding to Vaughns; all offseason and during camp CTJ dropped tidbits about the coaching staff being very happy with his progress.  Yancy has reworked his body and Vaughns remains really fast for his size and position.  Which is why during the linebacker hierarchy discussion on the Caleb Johnson thread I inquired about Vaughns since he was conspicuously missing from the conversation.  Two different posters mentioned that Vaughns looked lost against Rice.  But I still think that's who CTJ is hinting at.

11 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

From what I'm hearing, in the 1990's Karic was trying to establish a Serbian ethno-state in the former Yugoslavia. He was funneling money and arms to Serbian rebels in Croatia and Bosnia and these rebels were committing some light war crimes. Now none of this was Karic's fault, but the mods who control the 247 rankings are mostly Bosnians and they still hold a grudge against Karic. And he needs to gain like 30 pounds. 

Our long-awaited Republika Srpska recruiting pipeline is finally here!

Edited by texifornia

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I shudder to think what Herman could do with 20 Serbian orphan walk-ons. We would be like Nebraska in the 90s, except instead of corn fed linemen we roll out 11 Serbians smoking cigarettes in jumpsuits who just kidnap the opposing players' families until they forfeit.  

Oddly I just remembered Kenny Walker, deaf DL from my old home town of crane playing for Nebraska in the early 90's.

They were so good they didn't need to hear to beat you.

24 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

From what I'm hearing, in the 1990's Karic was trying to establish a Serbian ethno-state in the former Yugoslavia. He was funneling money and arms to Serbian rebels in Croatia and Bosnia and these rebels were committing some light war crimes. Now none of this was Karic's fault, but the mods who control the 247 rankings are mostly Bosnians and they still hold a grudge against Karic. And he needs to gain like 30 pounds. 

And that’s fair. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, cafe society said:

I think he's alluding to Vaughns; all offseason and during camp CTJ dropped tidbits about the coaching staff being very happy with his progress.  Yancy has reworked his body and Vaughns remains really fast for his size and position.  Which is why during the linebacker hierarchy discussion on the Caleb Johnson thread I inquired about Vaughns since he was conspicuously missing from the conversation.  Two different posters mentioned that Vaughns looked lost against Rice.  But I still think that's who CTJ is hinting at.

Pretty sure he's talking about Floyd 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cafe society said:

Scope who rep'd this post:

On 9/17/2019 at 1:20 PM, Hank_Hill said:

My guess is the Floyd news has been encouraging but they don’t want to call it quite yet or he just would’ve put a name out there.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Jesus. As another poster said, you guys suck at reading between the lines. Waiting for someone to show up suggesting it’s Caleb Johnson. 

Unitl we get one of them magical spiders who will clarify CTJ's posts by spinning messages into her webs at night, I'm still convinced CTJ's post was about Demarco Boyd making it back to campus.

3 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I'd picture Charlotte as a Derringer type of gal; she was a Southern, genteel spider, after all.

Which is why I bawled like the little boy I was when she died in the old Charlotte's Web animated movie. I might as well been Wilbur. Some previously hidden childhood memories there.