Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I doubt he gets much of a boost. Doesn’t matter. Dodge loves him and thinks he projects towards elite. Cosmi and Kerstetter were both viewed as trash takes. I don’t think Texas cares about where the OL guys are ranked by the $9.95ers and portably prefers it when their targets are under the radar. 

I hate you for making me google portably.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

1000 seemed like a foregone conclusion, but a new commitment only garners 5-6 actual posts and that's just not going to do it with the class mostly full. 

We might get 80-100 pages when the actual faxes come in, but that still leaves us 200 pages short.  

Sep. 16th 2018 we were on page 385. I think we'll make it to 1000 even without inane bloviality.

Texas 2020 Football Commits

National Rank   5   Big-12 Rank.  1.   

Avg. Rating.  0.9282

• Like 2

14 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I doubt he gets much of a boost. Doesn’t matter. Dodge loves him and thinks he projects towards elite. Cosmi and Kerstetter were both viewed as trash takes. I don’t think Texas cares about where the OL guys are ranked by the $9.95ers and portably prefers it when their targets are under the radar. 

12 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I hate you for making me google portably.

Portably - An American football college recruit that conventional wisdom projects to the portal. 

Ex,   “He’s a portably”.

Edited by SaucyJack
  • Like 1

I could get used to having the bulk of a recruiting cycle thread get posted this far in advance of signing day. With an established program and a dialed-in staff, it never should be a mad scramble really late in the game.

That said, hopefully, Ringo leads us to 50 late pages by himself this year. Not sure what we still might get from Waddle or Gary. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Treefidy said:

1000 seemed like a foregone conclusion, but a new commitment only garners 5-6 actual posts and that's just not going to do it with the class mostly full. 

We might get 80-100 pages when the actual faxes come in, but that still leaves us 200 pages short.  

We always add a few pages with every re-ranking of the existing commits - especially when the 9.95ers figure out that the Texas staff has picked up players that are taking off, again.  I expect Fillinger to be a consensus 4-star well before NSD1 as one example.  Those numbers can go higher when aggy has a good meltdown over it and starts peddling wild conspiracy theories.

IT

RECRUITING

It’s official visit weekend for a number of Texas commits as Oklahoma State comes to town on Saturday. These are a few of the expected visitors, but we’ll have a more comprehensive list in the Humidor.

QB Ja’Quinden Jackson, Duncanville
RB Ty Jordan, West Mesquite
OL Andrej Karic, Southlake Carroll
DL Princely Umanmielen, Manor
S Xavion Alford, Alvin Shadow Creek

On the ‘maybe’ side is Midland Lee’s Loic Fouonji. The 6-foot-4 receiver has shot up the big board of UT targets. Even though Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, and SMU are his biggest threats, Texas has the inside track here.

Fouonji took an UOV for the LSU game and came away impressed. If UT pushes the right buttons, this one could be over. With LV Bunkley-Shelton still looking like the H (slot) take, Fouonji would fit nicely at the X, with Quentin Johnston snagging the Z.

Bastrop Cedar Creek’s Alfred Collins isn’t expected, but after his official visit to OU, we still feel confident Austin will be his landing spot. A&M and others are still in pursuit, but Texas is still the leader here.

It is a bit curious the staff is electing to use this game for official visits. In the past they haven't liked using big games for officials because the staff's attention is focused on the actual game. They must feel really good about this contest and team in general.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RichUT said:

The Ringo stuff strikes me as pure delusion. There has been nothing of late that suggests anything but UGA. Why do people continue to bother?

It's because the class is mostly done.  There's not a lot of recruits left to talk about so he gets mentioned despite being nothing but a pipe dream at this point.

31 minutes ago, RichUT said:

The Ringo stuff strikes me as pure delusion. There has been nothing of late that suggests anything but UGA. Why do people continue to bother?

So by not claiming Waddle and Gary are pure delusion, you're saying they're still in play? Welcome to an automatic 200 pages.  

15 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

Thanks Brian Davis for that super helpful tidbit, as always. We'd be lost without your tweets.

If the Statesman sports department collapsed in on itself and there were muffled screams coming from the writers area, I think I might order a pizza and set up a lawn chair. But we all know Kurt Bowles and B Davis would emerge from the rubble by making a call to the vaunted aggy network's bonfire response team. Those yokels constantly bleat about media conspiracy when they have had a redass sitting in the lead reporters seat with a heisman vote covering his hated rival and constantly bashing them for however many hundreds of years Bowles has been alive.  Fuck the AAS

Edited by Vertigo
  • Like 1