Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

On 10/29/2019 at 6:10 AM, BigHorn'13 said:

Jesus this thread is terrible and moving at the speed of stupid since Saturday. I get feeling dejected but fuck... 

i mean, if you want to list all the reasons not to feel dejected please go ahead an do so.  i consider myself a glass half full person and i don't see much around this program right now to get excited about.

1 hour ago, BigOrange1 said:

i mean, if you want to list all the reasons not to feel dejected please go ahead an do so.  i consider myself a glass half full person and i don't see much around this program right now to get excited about.

Yep. Right now, an optimistic outlook for the class is just to avoid any further decommits (I doubt this happens) and bring in Dixon and a late riser or two.

And then pray to the heavens that our coaching staff gets a major overhaul in the offseason so we can win/develop much better moving forward.

24 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

Don't we have like 25ish freshman walk-ons? 

I count 12.

https://texassports.com/roster.aspx?roster=333

Shows 32 true freshmen

20 on scholarship (signed 26 in 2019 but doesn’t include Shep/Bru/JUCOs)

Reviewed this thread...

...and looks like we counted 12 reported PWOs last year.  I don’t see TE - Austin Hill on the Texas Sports roster (no idea why) but I do see OL - Michael Balis who we either missed as a PWO or was a true walk on (someone can check if they are so inclined).

I also counted

12 Red Shirt Freshmen Walk Ons (or that we’re originally WOs)

6 Sophomore WOs

4 Junior WOs

2 Senior WOs

So while the numbers obviously decrease from Freshmen to Seniors (like they do with scholarship players), it still does seem that there was a significant jump starting in Herman’s first full recruiting class (2018).

• Like 1