Texas O-line talk

Coach pop a bitch

Dunlap OL breakdown:

Spoiler

Deep Dig OL Grading Scale (each snap by each player is graded as its own independent event)

Deep-Dig-2021-OL-GRADING-SCALE.jpg

OL Grades (OSU)

LT Kelvin Banks - 79 snaps

1 sack, 1 pressure allowed
DEEP DIG GRADE: 78.92

LG Hayden Conner - 69 snaps

1 run-stuff, 1 pressure allowed
1 knockdown
DEEP DIG GRADE: 77.28

C Jake Majors - 79 snaps

1 TFL allowed
1 false-start penalty
DEEP DIG GRADE: 77.4

RG Cole Hutson - 79 snaps

2 pressures, 1 QB hit, 1 TFL allowed
1 pin 
DEEP DIG GRADE: 74.87

RG DJ Campbell - 10 snaps

1 TFL allowed
DEEP DIG GRADE: N/A

RT Christian Jones - 79 snaps
1 QB hit, 1 pressure, 1 run-stuff allowed
1 holding penalty
1 knockdown
DEEP DIG GRADE: 77.12

OL Grades by Week (2022) - Individual player grades across the season are color coded from RED (WORST) to WHITE (MEDIAN) to BLUE (BEST)

Deep-Dig-2022-OL-Grades-by-Week-1-3.jpg

OL Snaps-per-Disruption Allowed (2022) 

Deep-Dig-2022-OL-Snaps-Per-Disruption-3.jpg

2022 OL Snaps-per-Disruption Allowed Versus Historical Precedent (Last 9 seasons) 

Deep-Dig-2022-Historical-Comparison-thru-7.jpg

Quick Hits and Thoughts

It was a miserable loss against OSU, but the offensive line did not play miserably. In fact, putting this performance up against certain offensive line performances of the last decade would, in some cases, make it seem like a masterpiece. There were miscommunications in blocking schemes and mistakes made, no doubt, but you can pin that blame on the running backs and the tight ends about as much as you can the offensive line. 

The tackles both played at an above-average level to baseline, but played games that were below the higher, new baselines they've set for themselves. As you can see on the color-coded "OL GRADES BY WEEK" table shared above, the scores of Kelvin Banks and Christian Jones (both fine -- or even very good -- in a vacuum) are shaded in red, because they weren't as good when comparing them to their respective previous scores from this season. Cole Hutson, on the other hand, played a bad game that was bad on its own AND bad compared to what he's been able to accomplish on a slow, but steady rise through the season from being absolutely not-ready-for-primetime to, up until the Oklahoma State game, relatively serviceable. Jake Majors and Hayden Conner both played surprisingly fine on the whole which came as a bit of a shock to a few of us because it looked like Conner, at times, was playing hurt. 

As an aside, Conner did rotate out of the game a few times in the first half which led to two key observations:

1) DJ Campbell has seemingly moved ahead of Logan Parr as the first man up at the guard position should injuries occur at either the RG or LG spot. We know this because, previously, when anyone had to come in for the left guard during real game-play, it was Logan Parr. When Conner went out, it would have been simple to put the backup left guard in there (Parr) for him. But, the staff elected to move Cole Hutson to left guard and backfill the RG spot with Campbell. 

2) DJ Campbell has juice. He's good and he's gonna get a lot better. He only played 10 snaps in this game, and admittedly, during that time did allow one TFL, but other than that one bad snap, it was not a mixed bag at all. He graded positively on 7 snaps, neutral on 2 and negatively only on that one. Our favorite snaps of Campbell from this contest: 

(RIGHT GUARD NO. 52 - shoutout to the great @NashTalksTexas for putting together the game cut-up as always) 

Go to 11:05 if it doesn't take you automatically

Combo then climb to the second-level beautifully

Go to 21:16 if it doesn't take you automatically

Dominating down-block at the point-of-attack

Go to 22:46 if it doesn't take you automatically

Excellent feet and balance in space as a pass-blocker

The issue in this game was something we can't explain and it has to do with the arm, brain and body of Quinn Ewers and the mind of Steve Sarkisian. There was something in the second half of that ball game that just didn't sit right with anyone, us included. Something fishy. Texas needs to be more consistent and not leave the fanbase feeling like they don't even know who their team is following football games. 

Because this isn't on the offensive line. Not versus Oklahoma State and likely not this season. As the the world was about to start falling apart around the whole offense, the offensive line was parting the seas with wide-open holes like this one -- a thing of beauty you see in power-and-counter coaching clinics, but certainly not on the field for the Texas Longhorns in recent memory:

Not sure how those grades happened when Quinn was getting pressured for much of the game. Quinn could have moved better for sure, but he didn't have the cleanish pocket he enjoyed in his other starts.

OL got blown up on more than a few runs as well, driven into the backfield or seemingly missing blocks entirely. Weird stuff

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Atticus said:

Not sure how those grades happened when Quinn was getting pressured for much of the game. Quinn could have moved better for sure, but he didn't have the cleanish pocket he enjoyed in his other starts.

OL got blown up on more than a few runs as well, driven into the backfield or seemingly missing blocks entirely. Weird stuff

I thought the pressure count was very low based and the grades were higher than I expected based on my viewing, but it is not like I sat there counting it. I really read it just to see the review on Campbell

8 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Quinn self pressured himself a few times too when he didn’t need to. He was definitely hearing footsteps in the second half after he got popped a few times.

He had the one where he left a clean pocket that I remember. He also threw a ton off his back foot, which is bad habit of his (the results of having a strong arm). He threw a lot of pass away, where he could not step up. Dunlap recorded 1 Qb hit, I would bet a lot of money Quinn was hit more than once. 

41 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Interior blocking problems against okie lite had a rusher in Quinn's face several times. 

Getting this fixed, plus handling the quality k-state DE rusher are gonna be critical on Saturday.  

Also let’s get Quinn an EMF sensor so he can quit worrying about ghosts

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Interior blocking problems against okie lite had a rusher in Quinn's face several times. 

Getting this fixed, plus handling the quality k-state DE rusher are gonna be critical on Saturday.  

Anyone seen the pressures in that game from PFF (@Hiphopopotamos)? I thought Lacy was taking turns beating on Jones and Banks in that second half. Its not like I track it, but that seemed to be the most pressure anyone has gotten on a Texas QB.. 

Edited by Codaxx

22 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Anyone seen the pressures in that game from PFF (@Hiphopopotamos)? I thought Lacy was taking turns beating on Jones and Banks in that second half. Its not like I track it, but that seemed to be the most pressure anyone has gotten on a Texas QB.. 

From the Oklahoma St game:

image.thumb.png.11cd4fc409c39dcb2bc9637aa3c9e272.png

Top 3 games Most Pressures Allowed by Texas:

Oklahoma St - 12

Texas Tech - 10

West Virginia/Alabama (tie) - 8

Edited by Hiphopopotamos
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

From the Oklahoma St game:

image.thumb.png.11cd4fc409c39dcb2bc9637aa3c9e272.png

Thanks. I just watched the Ewers plays. First impression. #0 had a few clean runs at Quinn. Bijan almost got Quinn killed a couple times. Hutson missed multiple stunts. I wonder what they consider hits, I wrote down 5 hits on Ewers. 

Edited by Codaxx

36 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Thanks. I just watched the Ewers plays. First impression. #0 had a few clean runs at Quinn. Bijan almost got Quinn killed a couple times. Hutson missed multiple stunts. I wonder what they consider hits, I wrote down 5 hits on Ewers. 

Christian Jones also whiffed at 9:21 in that vid resulting in a pressure. Don't feel like going back and watching again if he gave up more. Of course, the holding call on him that nulled Ewers' scramble was complete BS. He played that one great.

12 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

Christian Jones also whiffed at 9:21 in that vid resulting in a pressure. Don't feel like going back and watching again if he gave up more. Of course, the holding call on him that nulled Ewers' scramble was complete BS. He played that one great.

I had Ewers hit at 2:26, 3:28, 4:22, and 7:46 (questionable, might have been influenced by announcer), and 12:16.. I didnt think it was a terrible call on the hold. He turned him and probably got the penalty on the take down, if he let go it probably doesnt get called. 

The way I see it is Jones pancaked him. Flat out beat him. Didn't look like a hold at all. Jones turned/pivoted beautifully as the pass rusher tried to get around him. At that point Jones had the leverage and was able to pancake him. Heck, the guy might have even lost his footing at that point. I saw nothing to indicate a hold there.

Edited by sith_horn
typo fix
  • Hook 'Em 2

I could be completely wrong on the eye test but this Oline group that struggled earlier in the year with the run seems to be getting better each week. Hutson and Jones still have their moments but overall I like what I’m seeing from them, and flood. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Levi said:

I could be completely wrong on the eye test but this Oline group that struggled earlier in the year with the run seems to be getting better each week. Hutson and Jones still have their moments but overall I like what I’m seeing from them, and flood. 

This OL struggled to run block earlier this year. Now, they are creating massive holes at times. Much improved, especially at home

Dunlap's OL breakdown. Thought it was interesting he included the run-concept mixes per game.

(His grading scale didn't copy but a 75 is baseline competency)

Spoiler

OL Grades (KSU)

LT Kelvin Banks - 68 snaps

No disruption allowed
2 knockdowns
DEEP DIG GRADE: 80.55

LG Hayden Conner - 68 snaps

1 run-stuff allowed
DEEP DIG GRADE: 76.91

C Jake Majors - 68 snaps

2 QB hits, 1 run-stuff, 1 TFL allowed
DEEP DIG GRADE: 75.44

RG Cole Hutson - 68 snaps

1 run-stuff allowed
1 false-start penalty
1 knockdown
DEEP DIG GRADE: 76.47

RT Christian Jones - 68 snaps

1 QB hit, 1 TFL allowed
2 knockdowns
DEEP DIG GRADE: 78.09

OL Grades by Week (2022) - Individual player grades across the season are color coded from RED (WORST) to WHITE (MEDIAN) to BLUE (BEST)

Deep-Dig-2022-OL-Grades-by-Week-.jpg

Deep-Dig-2022-OL-Snaps-Per-Disruption.jpg

2022 OL Snaps-per-Disruption Allowed Versus Historical Precedent (Last 9 seasons)

Quick Hits and Thoughts

What can we take away from a dominant performance from Texas in the run game versus Kansas State as we look ahead to this critical home stretch for the Longhorns?

Shove it down TCU's throat with power. And counters. Man/gap concepts and traps. Texas can (and should) remain an offensive system that bases its identity in Flood's zone-blocking system, but these ancillary concepts should be poured into the mix rather than just sprinkled. Especially given the OL personnel Texas currently has on board.

Texas' two biggest liabilities on the offensive line are, in order, Cole Hutson (who deserves credit for steadily continuing to play better through the season) and Jake Majors. Before we go on, we really need to note that it's pretty unprecedented for Texas offensive linemen who are considered "the weakest link" along the offensive line to have average Deep Dig grades on the season that are acceptable. Combine that with the fact that Texas is getting kick-ass play from its tackles and better-than-average overall play from Hayden Conner (even given a slight health-related hiccup here and there), and you have the makings of what we are seeing. A good offensive line in both run- and pass-blocking aspects. Since 2013, we've never really had the chance to say that before. Sure, Texas has had stretches of good games where various iterations of previous lines began to gel but things would inevitably always falter. It was never a story of a season as it has been in 2022.

In reality, one could very credibly project Hutson to eventually be a superior (possibly far-superior) player to Majors considering that Majors is closer to being capped-out physically and relies so heavily on his knowledge of the system as opposed to Hutson being as green as they come.

Still, both of these players can struggle at the point of attack, especially in zone-blocking concepts. Not always, heck, maybe not even a majority of the time, but often enough. This two-man combo is more than capable of blowing up a zone-run on any given play.

Picture yourself as Cole Hutson, in a three-point stance, lined up with Jake Majors to your left and Christian Jones to your right. Lined up on your outside shoulder, with his right eye looking into your right eye is a three-technique defensive tackle. If the play call is zone (inside or outside) to your right. You are about to have to execute one of the tougher tasks in OL play, which is to lateral drive/reach that three-technique who already has position on you to the play-side of the run. If it is inside zone, you'll need to attack his inside half and drive him off the football at a 45-degree angle to the line of scrimmage. You will be expecting help in the form of what some call a "three-hand" technique (your two hands + the inside hand/body of the tackle) from Christian Jones to help you gain your leverage and begin your push before Jones must bail to the second level in an attempt to cut off the playside LB.

In outside-zone, it's a slightly different technique, but it's still hard. Picture yourself in the same scenario, but this time, the goal is not drive the three-technique off the line at at that same zone angle, it is to, optimally execute an outside-zone reach-block, or, if impossible, simply to get your backside shoulder across the trunk of his body and generate whatever movement you can at a thinner angle to the LOS and toward the sideline, allowing the runner behind you to flow with the controlled motion of the defense and identify his best cutback opportunity as the stretch play reveals possibilities for run lanes.

In either of these scenarios, there is one way for that three-technique to wreck you, and, in turn, wreck the whole play. The way he does this is the thing we always say that offensive linemen can't allow to ever happen: upfield penetration through your play-side shoulder. If that DT gets your playside shoulder, 1) your leverage is lost; 2) he is now in the offensive backfield as opposed to getting his ass planted in the dirt five yards in the other direction as designed; and 3) your running back is at an absolute loss for options. His cutback is now determined by your failure and your failure alone. Good running backs can make chicken salad out of that kind of chicken shit at times, but certainly not always and in most cases, not even regularly.

Incorporating more power, counter, gap, etc. concepts allows the offensive line to get in a groove with easier set-ups for their assignments. You can build leverage into the design that makes the blocks you're asking of guys like Hutson and Majors easier. It's more down-blocks, some of the easiest to execute in football. It's kick-outs or seals on pulls, etc. Very intuitive and simply easier. Now, zone-blocking is so popular and so effective because on the chalkboard it's basically a perfect run-blocking system. It's important to have a base in that. But when you mix (not sprinkle) in these other concepts, this current iteration of the Texas offensive line just looks more productive and seems to commit less truly critical errors through the course of a ball game.

Bijan Robinson had his best game of his terrific season behind these guys versus Kansas State in a hostile, road environment versus a ranked opponent. We don't think there will be many among us – or in the fanbase in general – who will think about the offensive line performance in that game and turn their nose up at it. We've, still somewhat amazingly, become used to the OL being functional this season, but it's not a stretch to say that they looked really good last week, as Banks and Jones had great games, supported by better-than-average games from the interior line -- which, by the way, featured Cole Hutson's best game of the season.

Here's this year's breakdown of run-concept mixes per game:

KSU

Inside Zone - 34.5%
Man/Gap/Power/Counter/Trap - 47.4%
Outside Zone - 10.5%
Draw/Other - 2.6%

OSU

Inside Zone - 55.2%
Man/Gap/Power/Counter/Trap - 20.7%
Outside Zone - 24.1%

ISU

Inside Zone - 68.4%
Man/Gap/Power/Counter/Trap - 7.9%
Outside Zone - 23.7%

OU

Inside Zone - 66.7%
Man/Gap/Power/Counter/Trap - 6.3%
Outside Zone - 25%
Draw/Other - 2%

WVU

Inside Zone - 65.4%
Man/Gap/Power/Counter/Trap - 7.7%
Outside Zone - 26.9%

TECH

Inside Zone - 44%
Man/Gap/Power/Counter/Trap - 24%
Outside Zone - 32%

UTSA

Inside Zone - 55.9%
Man/Gap/Power/Counter/Trap - 5.9%
Outside Zone - 32.3%
Draw/Other - 5.9%

BAMA

Inside Zone - 65.4%
Man/Gap/Power/Counter/Trap - 11.5%
Outside Zone - 23.1%
Draw/Other -

ULM

Inside Zone - 53.8%
Man/Gap/Power/Counter/Trap - 19.2%
Outside Zone - 23.1%
Draw/Other - 3.9%

No more *sprinkling* it in. We're all about diversity these days, right? Add some to the run-block concept mix and continue to design your destiny.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

Dunlap's OL breakdown. Thought it was interesting he included the run-concept mixes per game.

Hide contents

OL Grades (KSU)

No disruption allowed
2 knockdowns

1 run-stuff allowed

C Jake Majors - 68 snaps

1 run-stuff allowed
1 false-start penalty
1 knockdown

1 QB hit, 1 TFL allowed
2 knockdowns

Quick Hits and Thoughts

What can we take away from a dominant performance from Texas in the run game versus Kansas State as we look ahead to this critical home stretch for the Longhorns?

Shove it down TCU's throat with power. And counters. Man/gap concepts and traps. Texas can (and should) remain an offensive system that bases its identity in Flood's zone-blocking system, but these ancillary concepts should be poured into the mix rather than just sprinkled. Especially given the OL personnel Texas currently has on board.

Texas' two biggest liabilities on the offensive line are, in order, Cole Hutson (who deserves credit for steadily continuing to play better through the season) and Jake Majors. Before we go on, we really need to note that it's pretty unprecedented for Texas offensive linemen who are considered "the weakest link" along the offensive line to have average Deep Dig grades on the season that are acceptable. Combine that with the fact that Texas is getting kick-ass play from its tackles and better-than-average overall play from Hayden Conner (even given a slight health-related hiccup here and there), and you have the makings of what we are seeing. A good offensive line in both run- and pass-blocking aspects. Since 2013, we've never really had the chance to say that before. Sure, Texas has had stretches of good games where various iterations of previous lines began to gel but things would inevitably always falter. It was never a story of a season as it has been in 2022.

In reality, one could very credibly project Hutson to eventually be a superior (possibly far-superior) player to Majors considering that Majors is closer to being capped-out physically and relies so heavily on his knowledge of the system as opposed to Hutson being as green as they come.

Still, both of these players can struggle at the point of attack, especially in zone-blocking concepts. Not always, heck, maybe not even a majority of the time, but often enough. This two-man combo is more than capable of blowing up a zone-run on any given play.

Picture yourself as Cole Hutson, in a three-point stance, lined up with Jake Majors to your left and Christian Jones to your right. Lined up on your outside shoulder, with his right eye looking into your right eye is a three-technique defensive tackle. If the play call is zone (inside or outside) to your right. You are about to have to execute one of the tougher tasks in OL play, which is to lateral drive/reach that three-technique who already has position on you to the play-side of the run. If it is inside zone, you'll need to attack his inside half and drive him off the football at a 45-degree angle to the line of scrimmage. You will be expecting help in the form of what some call a "three-hand" technique (your two hands + the inside hand/body of the tackle) from Christian Jones to help you gain your leverage and begin your push before Jones must bail to the second level in an attempt to cut off the playside LB.

In outside-zone, it's a slightly different technique, but it's still hard. Picture yourself in the same scenario, but this time, the goal is not drive the three-technique off the line at at that same zone angle, it is to, optimally execute an outside-zone reach-block, or, if impossible, simply to get your backside shoulder across the trunk of his body and generate whatever movement you can at a thinner angle to the LOS and toward the sideline, allowing the runner behind you to flow with the controlled motion of the defense and identify his best cutback opportunity as the stretch play reveals possibilities for run lanes.

In either of these scenarios, there is one way for that three-technique to wreck you, and, in turn, wreck the whole play. The way he does this is the thing we always say that offensive linemen can't allow to ever happen: upfield penetration through your play-side shoulder. If that DT gets your playside shoulder, 1) your leverage is lost; 2) he is now in the offensive backfield as opposed to getting his ass planted in the dirt five yards in the other direction as designed; and 3) your running back is at an absolute loss for options. His cutback is now determined by your failure and your failure alone. Good running backs can make chicken salad out of that kind of chicken shit at times, but certainly not always and in most cases, not even regularly.

Incorporating more power, counter, gap, etc. concepts allows the offensive line to get in a groove with easier set-ups for their assignments. You can build leverage into the design that makes the blocks you're asking of guys like Hutson and Majors easier. It's more down-blocks, some of the easiest to execute in football. It's kick-outs or seals on pulls, etc. Very intuitive and simply easier. Now, zone-blocking is so popular and so effective because on the chalkboard it's basically a perfect run-blocking system. It's important to have a base in that. But when you mix (not sprinkle) in these other concepts, this current iteration of the Texas offensive line just looks more productive and seems to commit less truly critical errors through the course of a ball game.

Bijan Robinson had his best game of his terrific season behind these guys versus Kansas State in a hostile, road environment versus a ranked opponent. We don't think there will be many among us – or in the fanbase in general – who will think about the offensive line performance in that game and turn their nose up at it. We've, still somewhat amazingly, become used to the OL being functional this season, but it's not a stretch to say that they looked really good last week, as Banks and Jones had great games, supported by better-than-average games from the interior line -- which, by the way, featured Cole Hutson's best game of the season.

KSU

Inside Zone - 34.5%
Outside Zone - 10.5%
Draw/Other - 2.6%

OSU

Inside Zone - 55.2%
Outside Zone - 24.1%

ISU

Inside Zone - 68.4%
Outside Zone - 23.7%

OU

Inside Zone - 66.7%
Outside Zone - 25%
Draw/Other - 2%

WVU

Inside Zone - 65.4%
Outside Zone - 26.9%

TECH

Inside Zone - 44%
Outside Zone - 32%

UTSA

Inside Zone - 55.9%
Outside Zone - 32.3%
Draw/Other - 5.9%

BAMA

Inside Zone - 65.4%
Outside Zone - 23.1%
Draw/Other -

ULM

Inside Zone - 53.8%
Outside Zone - 23.1%
Draw/Other - 3.9%

No more *sprinkling* it in. We're all about diversity these days, right? Add some to the run-block concept mix and continue to design your destiny.

Anyone knows why we moved away from the Inside zone to Man/Power against KSU. Is this just what was working or is Flood and Sark finally comfortable enough with the idea that the OL can execute power and counter and so it is now time to do more running plays allowing the OL to drive forward and dictate on snap or does Sark and Flood prefer inside zone and finally admitted the interior of the line still don't do it well?

I don't know enough about Flood's tendencies longterm, but we are seeing that he can straight-up coach OL. May be the best hire of Sark's at this point. 

Edited by Laxtonto

I understand wanting to block your blind side, but are there any other strategic advantage it brings to play your best tackle at left for a right arm qb? I would think that you’d want your best tackle to be in the direction that a qb would roll. Would allow for better blocking during a “scramble”. I get it, I am spoiled with scrambles that since I am a chiefs fan and see magic weekly. Also would think that running right would benefit to running to your hand dominant side. 

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

Hide contents

OL Grades (KSU)

No disruption allowed
2 knockdowns

1 run-stuff allowed

C Jake Majors - 68 snaps

1 run-stuff allowed
1 false-start penalty
1 knockdown

1 QB hit, 1 TFL allowed
2 knockdowns

Quick Hits and Thoughts

KSU

Inside Zone - 34.5%
Outside Zone - 10.5%
Draw/Other - 2.6%

OSU

Inside Zone - 55.2%
Outside Zone - 24.1%

ISU

Inside Zone - 68.4%
Outside Zone - 23.7%

OU

Inside Zone - 66.7%
Outside Zone - 25%
Draw/Other - 2%

WVU

Inside Zone - 65.4%
Outside Zone - 26.9%

TECH

Inside Zone - 44%
Outside Zone - 32%

UTSA

Inside Zone - 55.9%
Outside Zone - 32.3%
Draw/Other - 5.9%

BAMA

Inside Zone - 65.4%
Outside Zone - 23.1%
Draw/Other -

ULM

Inside Zone - 53.8%
Outside Zone - 23.1%
Draw/Other - 3.9%

I'm 94.35% certain that he watches the game and then makes up a number that feels right. 

Thanks for this @Hookem2147

The Athletic 

Multiple coaches remarked on the run blocking of Texas’ offensive line.  “They’re probably more physical than they’ve been in the last couple of years,” a coordinator said. “They’re big dudes … and strong at the point of attack.”   

Edited by LTtxfan
Fuckin' Autocorrect

More from The Athletic on tcu vs Texas

Don’t be surprised if either quarterback faces a good bit of defensive heat. A coordinator said both offensive lines have shown themselves to be susceptible to creativity from defensive fronts.

“I don’t think either one of those offensive lines handles movement well,” a coordinator said. “When you start moving the front, from communication to passing things off, they all struggle with it.”

Hiring Kyle Flood is probably the single best decision Sark has made as head coach at Texas.

We have been in the OL desert for so long that it feels amazing.

I know Sark has lost some games we probably shouldn't have so all is not perfect, but this hire alone makes me want to be patient and see if those other areas can come around.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Imagine what this line would have looked like run blocking with Angilau at right guard instead of a true freshman.

He would have been center. But you're right, that line would have been a good deal better.