Shooting at Gilroy Garlic Festival (CA)

C-Man

13 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

So, an Italian Iranian guy was referencing a book popular with white nationalists. Was he also blowing folks for meth?

Careful, imamac gives people a time out for bringing that up about Iconoclast whenever his Magic 8-ball tells him to.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

well, persians are the original aryans.  

Back in the day, and for all I know, still today, Iranian (and middle easterners in general) dudes in the US often tried to pass themselves off as Italian to try and make themselves more attractive when picking up on the white wimmenz.  I knew this guy named Tariq who would go as "Tony" and tell chicks his real name was Antonio.  He actually was quite successful but i think that was due more to his seemingly always having an 8-ball.

4 minutes ago, shakahorn said:

Back in the day, and for all I know, still today, Iranian (and middle easterners in general) dudes in the US often tried to pass themselves off as Italian to try and make themselves more attractive when picking up on the white wimmenz.  I knew this guy named Tariq who would go as "Tony" and tell chicks his real name was Antonio.  He actually was quite successful but i think that was due more to his seemingly always having an 8-ball.

the terrorists have won.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

I thought that was just a regular ole Mexican.

Basically.  Of course, there are many Mexicans that have very little, if any, indigenous heritage.  I know several.  They look like they just came over from Spain.

This seems to have just slipped off the national news radar. Did they ever figure anything out regarding the second person of interest?

I find the end of this story very interesting: https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2019-07-29/gilroy-garlic-festival-shooting-suspect. His brother was out looking for him thinking he might've gotten shot at the festival? Did he tell them he was going to the festival -- why would they be out looking for him after hearing about a shooting?

When Legan didn’t come home after the shooting, his older brother, Rosino Legan, thought he’d been shot by the gunman, said Jerome Turcan, a family friend who trained Rosino Legan in boxing and martial arts for many years.

When Turcan heard on the radio that there had been a shooting in Gilroy, he called Rosino Legan and his father, Tom Legan.

Turcan said he got through to Rosino Legan, who said he was in the car with his cousin, searching for his younger brother.

Rosino Legan couldn’t find his brother and was thinking of going to the emergency room, Turcan said.

“They wanted to be sure he was OK. That was the last contact I had with him,” Turcan said. “And then I learned this morning it was Santino who did the shooting. It was shocking.”

On 7/29/2019 at 1:23 PM, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

So, an Italian Iranian guy was referencing a book popular with white nationalists. Was he also blowing folks for meth?

he'd been checking the White box in every race questionaire on all forms.  plus. mirrors don't lie.

On 7/29/2019 at 1:27 PM, crash_davis said:

when are terrorists not terrorists?  

yea its just a label but labels are convenient way to derogatorily label certain groups while conveniently omitting others.

I don’t know, but when I hear “domestic terrorist” I can’t help but visualize Martha Stewart with a suicide vest and her finger on the red button screaming, “Holla Saladbar!!!”.