Shooting at Gilroy Garlic Festival (CA)

C-Man

Well crap, sounds pretty bad on twitter.  To add to the above, 2 suspected shooters, 1 of them down and the other still on the loose.  

https://twitter.com/dannoyes?lang=en

Dan Noyes‏Verified account @dannoyes 32m32 minutes ago

Sources tell me at least a dozen people have been injured, and “probably not more than 40”. The source adds, “There are dead. Count not coming in just yet as they are still on an active shooter op.” Guy in cammo jumping fences, according to source. #ABC7now

Live feed:

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1djGXpPampEGZ

Edited by clapclapclap

Press conference says the murderer and maybe an accomplice came up a creekbed and cut through a fence.  The festival had security and metal detectors at the entrances.  The killer was taken down within a minute of starting the shooting.  Witnesses say there was a second person involved in some way, that's who they are still searching for. 

Edit:

Gilroy Garlic Festival shooter said he attacked “because I’m very angry”: witness

Edited by clapclapclap

22 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Press conference says the murderer and maybe an accomplice came up a creekbed and cut through a fence.  The festival had security and metal detectors at the entrances.  The killer was taken down within a minute of starting the shooting.  Witnesses say there was a second person involved in some way, that's who they are still searching for. 

cops are incredible, the accuracy, the fast twitch as if they are trained to anticipate a shooting at any moment 

1 hour ago, NowThis said:

cops are incredible, the accuracy, the fast twitch as if they are trained to anticipate a shooting at any moment 

That’s quite literally their job, especially when they work security at events. I’m just a regular citizen and even I expect a shooting to breakout anytime I’m in public, I would hope the cops would be ready too.

19 minutes ago, Helobious said:

That’s quite literally their job, especially when they work security at events. I’m just a regular citizen and even I expect a shooting to breakout anytime I’m in public, I would hope the cops would be ready too.

I got a mental image of a guy ducking and hiding behind everything when out in public. 

https://nypost.com/2019/07/29/gilroy-shooting-gunman-reportedly-identified-as-santino-william-legan/

Santino William Legan, 19, was identified by police sources Monday as the gunman who also injured 15 in Sunday’s carnage before being shot dead by cops, according to numerous media outlets including the Associated Press.

Gilroy Garlic Festival shooter said he attacked ‘because I’m very angry’: witnessAn Instagram account holder using the same name and age, calling himself “Italian Iranian,” had just three posts and went offline soon after he was first identified as the killer.

It featured a picture from the garlic festival before the carnage — as well as praise for what has been called “one of the most incendiary works ever to be published anywhere.”

“Read Might Is Right by Ragnar Redbeard,” the account wrote next to a photo of a Smokey the Bear sign warning, “Fire danger high tonight.”

He was referring to a much-hated 1890 book embraced by white supremacists that was banned for years after being condemned as sexist, racist and anti-Semitic.

“Why overcrowd towns and pave more open space to make room for hordes of mestizos and Silicon Valley white twats?” the Instagram message continued, using a Hispanic slur for people of mixed race.

Before that, he posted a photo from inside the garlic festival.

“Ayyy garlic festival time. Come get wasted on overpriced s–t,” the account stated next to a view of the festival.

2 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

mestizos and Silicon Valley white twats?” the Instagram message continued, using a Hispanic slur for people of mixed race.

Well, not to quibble, but as an independent term, I don't think "mestizo' is actually a slur.  It's actually still used in latin america, as an anthropological descriptor.  "Twats," however.....that's rarely used as a term of endearment.

Just being a vocab snob here.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Well, not to quibble, but as an independent term, I don't think "mestizo' is actually a slur.  It's actually still used in latin america, as an anthropological descriptor.  "Twats," however.....that's rarely used as a term of endearment.
Just being a vocab snob here.

First time I heard mestizo was on Young Guns 2.

But my second amendment, Bro!

Get the cloak room out of here. Don’t be a bitch. It’s not like another law was gonna keep him from doing that.

I’m surprised there’s a Garlic festival. I mean, do they have contests to see who can grow the biggest one or strongest flavored?
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

Get the cloak room out of here. Don’t be a bitch. It’s not like another law was gonna keep him from doing that.

I’m surprised there’s a Garlic festival. I mean, do they have contests to see who can grow the biggest one or strongest flavored?

Well this cat certainly wasn't 'growing the biggest one'.  Probably why he was so angry.