Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

5 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Daniel Joseph Figurelli is a racist Aggie troll. He is a fucked-up looking piece of shit who should be completely ostracized from society. College Station has a lot of racists like him. 

That and if that really is the rock chewer sharing that, I don’t think that necessarily paints Jimbo and the players he wants in the best light, given that just had a player arrested with more special K than Kellogg’s.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I heard a story that RC's wife drove her car on to Aggy's practice field when she found out. Any truth to this old timers? 

The story was that she "dropped off" RC's clothes on the field.  I have no pics, but it is a funny story.

1 minute ago, cochamps said:

The story was that she "dropped off" RC's clothes on the field.  I have no pics, but it is a funny story.

This is what I recall as well. It wasn't a rumor. I don't know if she drove her car on the field.

I guess Aggies prefer cuckolds to adulterers. Figures.

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

This is what I recall as well. It wasn't a rumor. I don't know if she drove her car on the field.

I guess Aggies prefer cuckolds to adulterers. Figures.

aggy never lies, cheats or steals,  unless they decide it is in their best interest.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Tarp had an article about aggy injuries so far.  Apparently Demas has yet to practice since fall camp started, Matthews is already in and out with an injury, and Chapman is still in a non-contact jersey.

I’m putting the over/under on Demas catches this year at 10.5 and that might be too high

1 hour ago, Big Woodrows said:

Hope he invested the bag in some mutual funds because it seems that his chances of playing professionally are rather slim

I really feel bad for Demas, actually. His story is well documented in another thread, aptly titled “The Demond Demas Story”, and that kid hasn’t made a choice for himself, ever. No wonder he’s acting out and being generally malcontent-ual. For his sake, I hope he transfers to Texas. For our sake, I hope he transfers to okie lite. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/3/2021 at 12:47 PM, Elmer_Fudd said:

Wells said on Twitter he thinks Weigman goes baseball if he's drafted in the first three rounds and said he had a monster Jr season.

On 6/3/2021 at 1:13 PM, UncleSonny said:

Assuming he's not totally asleep at the wheel, I wonder who Jimbo is keeping warm in case that happens. Maybe circle back on Klubnik but he's probably a tough pull if Clemson wants to keep him.

FWIW I'd say it's more likely he doesn't play baseball any more 

1 hour ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Screenshot_20210816-091501__01.jpg

Screenshot_20210816-091513__01.jpg

So the fk what?  Even IF true good for them, i guess.  It matters little what they do.  There is always someone #1 in recruiting and most times it isn't us and definitely not them.  Even IF they get the #1 class what, in a hundred years or in their entire history, have they done to show they can do anything with talent?  Winning at recruiting and or a championship of any kind would be a first.  So anyone worried about this whole buy in right now get over it, its done.  We'll be BACK there shortly.    

Chances are they finally get a good class and more than likely they still won't do shit.  And if they do win something, my attitude will be "finally mfker's it took you long enough.  Welcome to the club rook now get a few more before you get some respect."

We need to worry about us and getting back to winning championship's on the field.  The rest will follow.  

1 hour ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Screenshot_20210816-091501__01.jpg

Screenshot_20210816-091513__01.jpg

Some mangled sentence structure there. Ingerish, do you write Ingerish?

(that's directed at "wreckingcrew44" lest some of you jump on me)
"...and said some I didn't even mention. He didn't share those names..."

So, did the 'cruit tell you some names you/Texags aren't yet excited about, or didn't he?

I guess the reader must surmise that the recruit mentioned, without prompting, some other highly ranked names that are projected (by the recruit) to be in the class, but didn't give the names of said highly ranked recruits.

Edited by PHLaggie
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, RollLeft said:

So the fk what?  Even IF true good for them, i guess.  It matters little what they do.  There is always someone #1 in recruiting and most times it isn't us and definitely not them.  Even IF they get the #1 class what, in a hundred years or in their entire history, have they done to show they can do anything with talent?  Winning at recruiting and or a championship of any kind would be a first.  So anyone worried about this whole buy in right now get over it, its done.  We'll be BACK there shortly.    

Chances are they finally get a good class and more than likely they still won't do shit.  And if they do win something, my attitude will be "finally mfker's it took you long enough.  Welcome to the club rook now get a few more before you get some respect."

We need to worry about us and getting back to winning championship's on the field.  The rest will follow.  

You can talk to a recruit in every class for any top 25 school and he's going to rant about how his school choice is going to finish #1 and that's his goal to help them and they're "about to land some more dawgs, more than anyone even knows about" and then, in the end, only one of those recruiting groups was correct, usually Alabama. 

I've said it since January - ATM isn't fucking around this cycle. They view the Sarkisian staff as a legitimate threat, along with the continued success of Oklahoma. Fisher is making his push to go for it and they're doing anything and everything they can to make that happen. 

Funnily enough, with this board's mantra around "Texas has got win on the field in 2021", largely due to the lackluster recruiting performance thus far from the staff, the inverse is true for ATM. They don't really *need* to win in a bigger way in 2021 than they did last year, which was on the outside of the CFP looking in. The only thing they really can't do is lose more than they did in 2020, relative to season. 2 losses and they're poopooing such matters and landing a top 3-4 class. Lose 3-5 and things get a lot dicier in College Station.

You can't sell an upward trajectory while going backwards, and a lot of these recruitments are being won, or have them in the running to win, based on that notion. They're not offering materially more money or exposure or opportunity to any recruits than the other programs they're up against. 

And yeah, spare me the academic pleading that the current season doesn't normally impact the current recruiting cycle. This cycle is different versus any before it, and there are no entrenched relationships on the same scale of years prior, plus NIL as a potential equalizer.

Now, Texas getting goatfucked in NIL won't help it much if ATM takes a tumble, but other programs will surely benefit. 

The schedule isn't going to be as soft as everyone is projecting. CU, Ole Miss, Miss State, Arkansas, and Missouri won't be breaking in new coaches. SCar and Auburn will, but SCar was a gimme anyway. People view Colorado as a gimme, but they have an upperclassmen laden defense and ATM's coming in weak and inexperienced on offense. Fisher goes conservative on the road. It could be a funny ass game to watch. 

• Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The schedule isn't going to be as soft as everyone is projecting. CU, Ole Miss, Miss State, Arkansas, and Missouri won't be breaking in new coaches. SCar and Auburn will, but SCar was a gimme anyway. People view Colorado as a gimme, but they have an upperclassmen laden defense and ATM's coming in weak and inexperienced on offense. Fisher goes conservative on the road. It could be a funny ass game to watch. 

9/11 starters on Colorado's defense are RS Jr or older.  They are also experienced on OL and have good RB's.  QB may be a ?.

Mizzou returns a good QB, all 5 OL, and brought in some good transfer  players.  Aggy @ Mizzou week after Bama' game.

Auburn always wins in CS, but who knows with a new staff??

I would actually love nothing more than for the Pirate to come in and get a W'.  I think that game will be close if nothing else because Arnett will keep it close.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

You can't sell an upward trajectory while going backwards, and a lot of these recruitments are being won, or have them in the running to win, based on that notion. They're not offering materially more money or exposure or opportunity to any recruits than the other programs they're up against. 

Not paying more than other schools broadly or do you just mean compared to that top tier of bag schools (basically UGA and Oregon)? The thing that shocks me is them flipping kids from Bama (if Moss goes there), LSU (if Jacoby does), and UGA (Deyon). Especially the guys from those states.

Agree that 3-4 losses is very possible for them. Obviously Bama. Everyone is sleeping on LSU who actually returns players this year and shoudn't be total garbage at QB (plus likely better coordinators). Auburn returns their stars on O and adds a good DC who shut down A&M in CS with Vandy athletes last year. Ole Miss gonna score points and that's a road game. Then at CU and at Mizzou not total gimmes. Big underdog but Leach always has a puncher's chance if his offense is rolling. That Arky game is always close too and Odom will throw some tricks at young Haynes in his first SEC game

The lucky thing for them re: recruiting is most of those games are 2nd half of the season so the hype still wouldn't slow for a while even if they end up with 3-4 losses.

I’m not worried about this next year.  Classes like this matter 3 years from now.  I assume it will take actual losses on the field for the old guard to put a stop to it, like when Miss was semi regularly beating Bama.  By then they will have bought themselves several top 5 classes, and the odds start stacking pretty fucking hard in your favor at that point.  Cheating motherfuckers.