Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

3 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

I'm not sure I fully understand how Jimbo gets by on reputation. It's like the media conveniently ignored how it ended at FSU and has vowed to never speak on it. A&M was overrated last year, and won't be that good this year. I have them losing 3 games even with that chicken shit schedule.

i mean, yeah. that is basically it.

56 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

I'm not sure I fully understand how Jimbo gets by on reputation. It's like the media conveniently ignored how it ended at FSU and has vowed to never speak on it. A&M was overrated last year, and won't be that good this year. I have them losing 3 games even with that chicken shit schedule.

i'm assuming it's probably his career record along with the conference championships and national championship as a head coach and offensive coordinator, but i may be missing something.

as far the media refusing to speak on it, here's like 10,000 words from espn that may be helpful. 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30331494/deep-deep-hole-6-year-unraveling-florida-state-football

PAGE SIXTY NINE LETS DO THIS

They are probably better than theyve been in years from a talent standpoint, they have recruited well and have a better staff than recent past.  

But freshman QB winning their division?   Their RB is good but the OL is a complete ? and freshmen QBs are usually good for a couple losses.   Bama will run train on them, I would bet on 10-3 with a top 10 finish, they are never as bad as we think they will be, 

Hobbit can coach and he hasn’t yet destroyed aggy roster like he did at FSU, he’s got enough talent to win all but a few on their soft schedule.  Not sure where the other losses will come from, but I am sure there’s 1 or 2.   Media outlets speculating aggy to win the SEC or their division or whatever is simply laughable.

Edited by Treefidy

9 hours ago, SarkAfterDark said:

Maybe because the media love having bumpkins in Southern coaching circles. Dabo, Jimbo and the ogre work so well with the whole "Waterboy" stereotype. 

Edited by Gut Wagon

Depth chart is out for Kent State and not a lot of surprises. Of note:

- Matthews at C and no true fish in the starting five although Fatheree is “or” at LT with Johnson. I’d expect some freshmen to play a lot at C to keep Matthews healthy as the game allows and to see more Fatheree as the season rolls on.

- Jackson and Clemons are on the chart although Jackson is not a starter. Is this a statement on suspensions? Unclear. 

-Demas is second team and what’s most interesting to watch is who gets out there first in four and five receiver sets.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/texas-am/Article/Texas-AM-football-2021-depth-chart-Kent-State-season-opener-169860576/Amp/

50 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Depth chart is out for Kent State and not a lot of surprises. Of note:

- Matthews at C and no true fish in the starting five although Fatheree is “or” at LT with Johnson. I’d expect some freshmen to play a lot at C to keep Matthews healthy as the game allows and to see more Fatheree as the season rolls on.

- Jackson and Clemons are on the chart although Jackson is not a starter. Is this a statement on suspensions? Unclear. 

-Demas is second team and what’s most interesting to watch is who gets out there first in four and five receiver sets.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/texas-am/Article/Texas-AM-football-2021-depth-chart-Kent-State-season-opener-169860576/Amp/

I don't think Demas has practiced at all this Fall.

• Hook 'Em 1

Had to do it. When you get a big name coach you have to keep them.  A lot of P5 schools blow $5M+ a year on a hot asst, G5 coach, or retread.  And end paying 2 coaches at the same time, and never get their guy.

But 10 years is a long time.

With upcoming inflation after all the free covid $, it may not be much of a raise in real dollars.  Thanks federal government.

• Fuck You 4

They are so all in that they have turned the corner it is crazy when they only had 1 quality win last season of a team above .500 during the weirdest year in football history with a senior quarterback. They are going to be a 2 or 3 loss team this year even with that shitty schedule.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

They will be doing the only trick of the mind they're good at, holding two opposing thoughts in their heads at the same time:

• Jimbo loves it here in College Station. Why would he even think of going somewhere else?
  • Quick, give him an enormous raise so he won't leave.

They'll also brag about how this shows how rich they are instead of realizing that the only way a coach of Jimbo's callibre (whatever that may be) will come to that dump is for a stupidly high salary on a non-binding contract.

The Aggies finished number 4 just outside the playoffs in a very strange year. Now they are convinced that they are perennial playoff challenger.

Edited by RomaVicta
chastened by CTJ

7 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

They will be doing the only trick of the mind they're good at, holding two opposing thoughts in their heads at the same time:

• Jimbo loves it here in College Station. Why would he even think of going somewhere else?

They'll also brag about how this shows how rich they are instead of realizing that the only way a coach of Jimbo's callibre (whatever that may be) will come to that dump is for a stupidly high salary on a non-binding contract.

The Aggies finished number 4 in a very strange year. Now they are convinced that they are perennial playoff challenger.

You and others are falling prey to their PR spin right now. The motherfuckers didn’t finish in the top 4. I know you’re old and all, but there’s been this thing called a playoff for roughly the last 8 years and it involves college football’s final 4 teams. I just double checked again and ATM still wasn’t in it. Some irrelevant AP blowhards attempting to revise otherwise is cause for nothing but mockery or indifference. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

The Aggies finished number 4 in a very strange year. Now they are convinced that they are perennial playoff challenger.

The thing that leads me to believe Jimbo will be around for a while is the fact that he is such a great culture fit there. And I don't mean that in a good way. Jimbo is a rampant cheater and has proven that he will do damn near anything to win recruiting battles including offering jobs and other incentives to family, dead period violations, and blatantly paying players before NIL. The fact that this is not only tolerated by the administration of aggy but also encouraged is pretty par for the course. They are tied for second for most NCAA infractions in history, only one behind only SMU.

If the NCAA weren't in its death throes I would say it is a certainty that Jimbo will land them in the lead, but he is taking full advantage of a shift change by the prison guards and putting the pedal to the metal right now. He is losing his competitive advantage in state next year and now he is going all in to build the talent for a sustainable winning team. It sucks, but it is also smart, and the administration gives zero fucks as long as the stadium stays full and they can pay their bills from faking it until they make it in the SEC. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

You and others are falling prey to their PR spin right now. The motherfuckers didn’t finish in the top 4. I know you’re old and all, but there’s been this thing called a playoff for roughly the last 8 years and it involves college football’s final 4 teams. I just double checked again and ATM still wasn’t in it. Some irrelevant AP blowhards attempting to revise otherwise is cause for nothing but mockery or indifference. 

I am, of course, old, infirm, and only occasionally coherent. I appreciate the explanation of these new and confusing concepts.

Back in my day, it really didn't matter to history if you finished anywhere other than number one. It was for the losers to bicker over the scraps. The even more profound losers would actually boast for years about their also-ran status.

Those were happy times sitting on the porch sipping iced tea while those Fightin' Texas A&M Fightin' Texas Aggies from Texas were bravely besting our foes in the field.

Actually, back in my day, the Aggies called us tea sippers because we were in the shade of the porch while they were doing manly work down on the farm. Only in recent years have their largely non-military students and alumni changed it to they were fighting wars while we sipped tea. So sad for so many to have such sad little needle dicks.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

If Jimbo quits, does aggy still owe him to total contract?  That's how I interpret guaranteed, but maybe I'm missing something

My understanding is that when you quit, no. Although theoretically he could make them fire him and get paid out. Realistically there will be some sort of settlement to exit the contract, but with zero buyout, that number will be high.

• Hook 'Em 1

That man will never ever EVAR quit that job.  He hit the GD lotto fleecing those rubes.  All he has to do is remain competitive and talk a good game (in his methed up Boomhauer voice) without ever winning anything.  Take the air out of the ball and score meaningless late TDs to make games seem closer than they were.  He's cracked the aggy code and his hillbilly family is building generational wealth because of it.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

"Jimbo gets a raise, but let's talk about tu!"

The Texas contract is not an abject plea for Sarkisian to stay forever no matter what with no penalties for him tossing us aside like a one-horse town whore. 

Liucci's "A&M is spending recklessly on a national title-winning head coach who finished No 4 [sic] in year three" suggests what the Aggies seem to universally "think." That is, Jimbo's national championship at FSU somehow accrues credit to Texas A&M. 

They gave him a raise because they're afraid he'll dump them. The contract does not bind him to stay there by including penalties for leading. Abject, Aggies, look it up.

spacer.png

Edited by RomaVicta

14 hours ago, texifornia said:

The insecurity is so powerful and Jimbo and Sexton know it.

They know that if Orgeron has a bad season, he's gone and Woodward would more than likely come for Jimbo. The problem with being a scared bitch like that is that they didn't consider if LSU even wants him.

Edited by TBGFL
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

The Aggies finished number 4 just outside the playoffs in a very strange year. Now they are convinced that they are perennial playoff challenger.

While only beating 4 teams with winning records and going into the 4th quarter tied with a UNC team that had most of their offensive production opt out of the bowl game....

Context doesn't matter to those morons.