Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Faceļ»æ

Neonmoon

1 hour ago, TBGFL said:

They know that if Orgeron has a bad season, he's gone and Woodward would more than likely come for Jimbo. The problem with being a scared bitch like that is that they didn't consider if LSU even wants him.

It'd be hilarious if LSU was reported to be exploring hiring Sarkisian.

2 hours ago, TBGFL said:

They know that if Orgeron has a bad season, he's gone and Woodward would more than likely come for Jimbo. The problem with being a scared bitch like that is that they didn't consider if LSU even wants him.

$100 aggy decision makers take their cues from surly rumors.Ā Ā šŸ¤£

10 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Dylan Wright stats in 2 years at aggy: 0 catches, 0 yards

Stats in less than one half at Minnesota against one of the best secondariesĀ in the country: 3-33 1 TD.Ā 

Ā 

Any WR who goes to A&M is a dumbass no matter how many bags get dropped.Ā 

i am not the one who put this dataset together, but i am the one who posted it here haha looks at blue chip WR and stats over the last few years going back to 16? i think.

Ā 

in general if you are a blue chip WR and go play under Jimbo Fisher, you are going to under perform compared to your contemporaries. You will play less snaps, catch fewer balls for fewer yards and fewer TDs.

anyone acting like they are going to go and play as a true freshman in a Jimbo Fisher offense is fooling themselves.

Ā 

Ā 

39 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Colorado looks like absolute dog shit through 1 quarter against Northern Colorado Bears, whoever they are. First two series went 3-and-out.Ā Ā 

Don't be hating on the McCaffrey show. Dad is the HC, one son is on the staff, and another son is the starting QB.

Spoiler

Haynes King will be a gamer
Can't put this one into the 'I know' category until we actually see it on the field in live game action (and eventually in intensely competitive SEC contests) but Haynes King has all the makings of a 'gamer' ā€”Ā the kind of quarterback who just has a knack for completing the pressure pass or finding the sticks via a scramble or by extending a play when it matters most.Ā I think this kid is going to be very fun to watch...as long as you're not an SEC defensive coordinator.

The offensive line will be solid early and good late
Arguably the biggest question mark heading into this season considering the fact that Josh Henson's unit was a team strength last year and must replace four senior starters.Ā However, there was reason for optimism entering fall camp and even more so now that Henson and Fisher have had a month to see what they have to work with in the offensive trenches.

0148923-yltd-240x135.jpg
Jamie Maury, TexAgs
Bryce Foster looks SEC-ready and should get to prove it early on.

Kenyon Green is an All-American now manning the right tackle spot.Ā Jahmir Johnson started parts of three seasons at Tennessee and played well.Ā He's looked good on the left side of the line, where Deuce Fatheree will play early and often as the gifted true freshman is way ahead of where most thought he'd be.Ā Bryce Foster looks like a future star ā€”Ā an All-SEC/All-American type talent ā€” at center and fourth-year man Luke Matthews has used some time off to get healthy.Ā He's returned to practice and the center position suddenly looks like a strength.Ā At guard, both Akinola Ogunbiyi and Layden Robinson look ready for their Saturday turn and are down-the-road NFL talents.

When it comes to offensive line play, experience and having a cohesive five is incredibly important.Ā The Ags leaned on both to win a lot of games last fall.Ā However, raw talent is a big part of the equationĀ too, and A&M will have plenty of that along the OL.Ā I think this unit starts off solid and ends up being very good throughout the second half of the season.

I think I'm concerned about the cornerback position and the domino effect
More specifically, I'm worried about Myles Jones' foot injury.Ā He missed a couple of games to close out the 2020 season because of it and also missed the back half of spring ball.Ā The super senior has been out of action for a couple of weeks leading into the Ags' season-opener, which has to be a concern for Mike Elko.Ā While I'm expecting we'll see No. 0 out there in short order, foot injuries have a tendency to linger, and Myles and Jaylon Jones are the Ags' only two proven commodities at the position.Ā Brian George enjoyed a solid camp and Tyreek Chappell seems ahead of the true freshman curve, but a healthy Myles Jones makes a very big difference at a vitally important position.Ā On a related note, I think the ability to occasionally move Antonio Johnson to his natural deep safety spot is something Elko would love to have.Ā Jaylon Jones might be the best bet at nickel on those downs, but the DC may not have the ability to play that particular chess piece without proper (experienced) depth at corner.

I think Devon Achane isĀ Texas A&M's best shot to win a Heisman Trophy currently on campus.Ā Yes, that damned good.

I know Devon Achane is going to be a breakout star in 2021
The sophomore speedster is a known commodity following his Orange Bowl MVP performance, butĀ based on what he flashed as a true freshman last season and the buzz he's generated throughout fall camp, Devon Achane is poised to emerge as one of college football's most exciting and explosive offensive weapons.Ā What Devon is doing as a running back and pass-catcher (out of the backfield or motioned out to receiver) and what he is likely to do as the Ags' primary kick returner is going to have the college football world abuzz in short order.Ā I think he's Texas A&M's best shot to win a Heisman Trophy currently on campus.Ā Yes, that damned good.

I know folks are still sleeping on Ainias Smith and Isaiah Spiller
Spiller has earned plenty of pre-season accolades, but I still get the feeling folks aren't giving the First-Team All-SEC back his just due.Ā He's run for roughly 2,000 yards in two seasons, and that includes playing just ten games last fall.Ā Isaiah left a couple of games early during his All-Conference sophomore campaign when he looked poised to threaten 200 yards and also didn't get the chance to carve up Ole Miss' swiss cheese run defense in November.Ā He entered camp in supreme shape (around 210 very lean pounds), picked up a step during the off-season and was terrific throughout fall camp.Ā Need to start seeing #28's name on the back end of some of these Heisman top-10 lists because Spiller is set to run wild as a junior.Ā As for Ainias Smith, he's an All-American playmaker who is going to show up on highlight reels all season, be it as a receiver, running back or punt returner.Ā Dude just might be the most valuable player on the preseason No. 6 team in the country.

I think Alabama at Texas A&M on October 9 will be one of the three biggest games of the college football season
...and the most anticipated game in the Southeastern Conference in 2021.Ā You'll see why I say 'I thinkā€™ in my next note, but the Ags will be heavily favored to be 5-0 and likely ranked somewhere around 4th or 5th when an Alabama squad that should arrive in College Station unbeaten, battle-tested (Miami, Florida and Ole Miss prior to the Ags) and ranked No. 1 in the country.Ā A top-five showdown at Kyle FieldĀ at night against Nick Saban and the defending national champs?Ā We'd be talking about the most high-profile game ever played at Kyle Field...complete with countless recruits spanning the entire country and three classes in attendance.

I know the path to set up the Alabama showdown is more dangerous than most reading this article believe
The path to 5-0 for the Aggies isn't going to be easy for Jimbo Fisher and Co.Ā Even if the Ags end up being one of the top four (playoff), five or even ten teams in the country in 2021, they may not be quite that good early in the season.Ā A tricky road trip to play an improved Colorado team in the Rocky Mountains next weekend, the always dangerous tilt with Arkansas at Jerryworld (this time against a Razorback squad returning 19 starters) and a Mike Leach-led Mississippi State team looking for redemption at Kyle Field stand in the way of an epic A&M-Bama showdown.Ā Last year, the Ags beat both the Razorbacks and Bulldogs handily, and the last time we saw the Buffs, Tom Herman looked like a competent coach in his last game in Burnt Orange as the Longhorns rolled in the Alamo Bowl.Ā All three programs are entering year two of a new regime and are expected to take a significant step forward.Ā It shouldn't be enough to score a win over a top-10 foe but, frankly, I'd be pleasantly surprised if the Aggies didn't find themselves in a four-quarter fight or two along the way considering their inexperience on offense and navigating early-season rust.

0137167-kqhn-240x135.jpg
Jasen Vinlove-USA TODAY Sports
Stars like Spiller and Smith seem finely tuned and ready to meet or exceed high expectations this season.

I know the Aggie stars have performed like stars during fall camp, which is a very good sign
When names like Leal, Green, Wydermyer, Spiller, Smith, Achane and Richardson keep popping up during my daily fall camp conversations, I start to feel really good about where the Aggies are at in terms of leadership and overall program culture.Ā I also know that the guys Jimbo Fisher and Co. are going to need to lean on in the biggest moments and biggest games have prepared for the SEC gauntlet and are determined to kick the playoff door in.Ā This could be one of those seasons where Texas A&M actually places more SEC names on the post-season All-Conference list than they did during the summer, which would bode very well for an Aggie team loaded with talent at the top.

Speaking of, I think the Aggies have the best offensive tackle, defensive end and tight end in the Southeastern Conference. They also quite possibly have the best tailback and two of the very best all-purpose threats in Ainias and Achane.

I know Chase Lane is ready to take the next step
Program insiders have been raving about Chase Lane throughout August, as he's been one of the Ags' most consistent and dynamic players throughout fall camp.Ā The sophomore is brimming with confidence following a rock-solid 2020 campaign that saw him catch 29Ā passes for 409Ā yards and twoĀ scores.Ā Included among those grabs were several clutch plays in the second half of big wins over Florida, Auburn and North Carolina.Ā When talking about big-play threats in the A&M offense and potential go-to targets for Haynes King, don't make the mistake of leaving Lane's name out of the discussion.

Both Foster and Turner are grown men in the trenches and, even though they're just two months removed from high school, are ready for SEC West football.

I know true freshmen Shemar Turner and Bryce Foster are bad, bad dudes in the trenches.
Don't be surprised to see both five-star true freshmen wind up starting by the time SEC play rolls around.Ā This Aggie roster boasts a ton of depth, but both Foster and Turner are grown men in the trenches and, even though they're just two months removed from high school, are ready for SEC West football.Ā Recruiting is an inexact science, but there are a handful of can't-miss and must-have targets each and every cycle.Ā These two will follow in the footsteps of Jaylon Jones, McKinnley Jackson, DeMarvin Leal, Kenyon Green and Bobby Brown in terms of five-star signees under Fisher who made it clear from day one that they were going to live up to and even exceed the hype.

I know folks (including myself) haven't mentioned enough how strong A&M's special teams could be this season
Seth Small is a proven senior who has his hands full holding off Caden Davis (who is also a lethal weapon on kickoffs) for the starting job, and Nik Constantinou has an absolute cannon attached to his hip at punter.Ā Throw in Smith and Achane in the return game and a proven deep snapper that Fisher calls the best he's been around, and special teams has the potential to be a team strength...something you'd probably be able to say about most championship-winning teams over the years.

Finally, I think the Aggies are better than all but one team on the 2021 schedule (Bama) and probably about even with one other (LSU)
but my prediction for this team is going to land on an 11-2 final record, with a second consecutive New Year's Six bowl win. Oh yeah, and if the Ags beat the Bayou Bengals and Ed O is 1-3 against Jimbo Fisher and A&M, heads will explode on the Bayou.

Ā 

22 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Did you really believe a kid who's family went to aggy, has a brother that's a walk-on on the team, and who's mom posts on Texags was going anywhere else?

Holy revisionist history Batman. You and I both know until Hermanā€™s ship started sinking most on here were bullish on him being in our class. Our olineĀ class was supposed to be so good, that many on here thought we could do better than Fatheree.Ā 

• Fuck You 3

44 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Holy revisionist history Batman. You and I both know until Hermanā€™s ship started sinking most on here were bullish on him being in our class. Our olineĀ class was supposed to be so good, that many on here thought we could do better than Fatheree.Ā 

Foster's mama's ass was redder than a fucking apple.Ā  Revisionist history is bullshit.Ā Ā 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

That seems like more of an indictment of people being bullish on him coming to UT. We got ahead of our ourselves on a lot of recruits after the Sugar Bowl win.Ā 

5 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

They are absolutely loaded this year. That article is a whose who of recruiting misses for Texas and head-scratching lack of interest from us. The Fatheree and Foster misses are going to hurt the most down the line.Ā 

They're saying Fatheree playing early as "gifted" athlete?? What has changed with him as he had none of that in HS. He had size and the worst footwork you could find.

3 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

They're saying Fatheree playing early as "gifted" athlete?? What has changed with him as he had none of that in HS. He had size and the worst footwork you could find.

Stupid sip. He played basketball in HS so that means his footwork is incredible.

• Hook 'Em 8

On 9/4/2021 at 7:57 AM, Bruh Man said:

They are absolutely loaded this year. That article is a whose who of recruiting misses for Texas and head-scratching lack of interest from us. The Fatheree and Foster misses are going to hurt the most down the line.Ā 

Indeed!!!! They have incredible talent, especially at QB and OL.

• Haha 5

On 8/25/2021 at 10:00 PM, Lobwedgephil said:
Ā  Hide contents

Key notes from Billy Liucci interview

• You read what I said yesterday. I thought that it had to be yesterdayĀ at practice when they started to shift those reps.Ā Haynes KingĀ has been the guy.Ā Zach Calzada's improvementĀ level has been pretty phenomenal, and he's probably one of the five most-improved players on the team.
    Ā 
  • King won the backup job as a true freshman, and Haynes has done nothing but improveĀ and get better. His mastery of the offense is impressive, and how quickly he learned it turned a lot of heads in Bright.
    Ā 
  • It was goingĀ to take a Herculean effort by Calzada or Haynes to struggle in camp to keep King from being the quarterback. That never happened with Haynes. Over the last couple of weeks, he has gotten better. That culminated in Sunday's scrimmage in which Haynes was really good, and Calzada threw a pick-six toĀ Jaylon Jones. I don't think there is anybody in that locker room that would disagree with this decision. He has done what he needed to do as QB2 sinceĀ Kellen Mond left.
    Ā 
  • When they're wearing those green jerseys, and you see King run 4.5s, there is just another element you can add to the offense. That is a tantalizing aspect of his game that Jimbo Fisher and Darrell Dickey can't wait to see when Kent State and Colorado roll around.
    Ā 
  • I think it was close but obvious who the guy was at the same time. Day-to-day, King performs. I don't think just because KingĀ can run better ā€” and that's such a threat ā€” was the differentiating factor. I thought itĀ would be difficult forĀ Zach to overcome that if they were dead even. I don't thinkĀ thisĀ decisionĀ gotĀ to theĀ point where they were dead even. What I'm trying to say is that King has played really well over the last couple of weeks.
    Ā 
  • Think about why Jimbo Fisher is saying this today. There are three practices before ā€œgame week.ā€ It only hurts you to not let the starting quarterback get those extra reps with the first team. If you weren't going to make the announcementĀ this week, then it wasn't going to happen.
    Ā 
  • The bottom line is that Haynes played like the #1 quarterback. The questions that are being asked are valid, but it's not as big of a deal as what happens next. He's the guy now. Jimbo says that the players and the team pick the quarterback. They'll let you know. That has always been Haynes, and that's one of his strengths. I think people are going to see his leadership this year. I've compared him to Colt McCoy from that standpoint, but he's way faster. The guys love him. He has that thing about him that you want a quarterback to have.
    Ā 
  • Calzada's reaction is important because he's the only other scholarship quarterback on campus.Ā Eli StowersĀ has moved to tight end, and I'm sure he could be an emergency quarterback if need be. It's important for Calzada to handle this well. I don't think he's sitting there thinking he got robbed. I think Haynes won the job fair and square. Zach was given every shot and knows the situation.
    Ā 
  • Calzada still has three years of eligibility after this season. I don't think the word "transfer" is in his vocabulary, and he's one play away from being the starting quarterback in the SEC West for a top-ten football team. I think he understands that he can worry about all of that after this season. Right now, I think he's focused on being the backup quarterback.

Ā 

image.jpeg.694581bf26d31e58a3d2debf2437c837.jpeg

• Haha 5