The Righteous Gemstones (HBO)

Pancho

On 3/2/2022 at 1:35 PM, Js1 said:

Tiffany is also a toilet baby. But Baby Billy says it with such contempt a few episodes back. Before he left 

"But it wasn't a turd. It was me!"

Watched the finale. Unless Uncle Baby Billy and Keefe go off to start their own church, I don't know if I can take another season.

Can't believe I'm saying that about something that Danny McBride and Jody Hill are part of. I think they might be the two funniest people in Hollywood. But as I said earlier, having an absurd character when everyone else plays it straight is genius. Having everyone be absurd just got tiresome.

6 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Watched the finale. Unless Uncle Baby Billy and Keefe go off to start their own church, I don't know if I can take another season.

Can't believe I'm saying that about something that Danny McBride and Jody Hill are part of. I think they might be the two funniest people in Hollywood. But as I said earlier, having an absurd character when everyone else plays it straight is genius. Having everyone be absurd just got tiresome.

By comparison, aren't Goodman and McBride playing it pretty straight? 

On 3/5/2022 at 6:21 PM, MirrOlure said:

So….I just tried to watch HULU live tv at a AirBNB while out of town. But it said I can’t watch because I’m not at my home address. What the fuck???

Yeah, it'll only let you log in on one IP. You can change your home location to where you are and change it back once you get home. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/5/2022 at 6:21 PM, MirrOlure said:

So….I just tried to watch HULU live tv at a AirBNB while out of town. But it said I can’t watch because I’m not at my home address. What the fuck???

You're not trying hard enough. Coloring inside the lines.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Man and I thought the Gemstones were a little over the top lmao. Kelvin must've healed up quick

I honestly don't think they've started to tap into the variety of craziness in all of the various Christian groups out there.  They've captured the general tone of the Joel Osteens, Jerry Falwells, and a few of the other televangelists, and that was good for the first seasons, but it feels like there is plenty more out there.

For instance, they need to add a full-blown Jim Bakker-type character, complete with 5-gallon buckets of survival food for the end times (could have this merged with one of the "survivalist" type of movements/militias).

jim-bakker-creamy-potato-soup-bucket.gif

Wouldn't mind seeing the Matt Mccoy (Pete Monahan from Silicon Valley) - I think he'd be good for it - able to play it straight while saying batshit stuff.

tumblr_o416ym4vJ61r6z1q5o10_400.gif

• 1 month later...
On 4/30/2022 at 8:57 PM, atomheartbevo said:

I honestly don't think they've started to tap into the variety of craziness in all of the various Christian groups out there.  They've captured the general tone of the Joel Osteens, Jerry Falwells, and a few of the other televangelists, and that was good for the first seasons, but it feels like there is plenty more out there.

For instance, they need to add a full-blown Jim Bakker-type character, complete with 5-gallon buckets of survival food for the end times (could have this merged with one of the "survivalist" type of movements/militias).

jim-bakker-creamy-potato-soup-bucket.gif

Wouldn't mind seeing the Matt Mccoy (Pete Monahan from Silicon Valley) - I think he'd be good for it - able to play it straight while saying batshit stuff.

tumblr_o416ym4vJ61r6z1q5o10_400.gif

Lloyd Braun?

• 10 months later...
On 5/8/2023 at 12:28 PM, Ted Lange said:

S3 episode one premiers this June at ATX festival.   Still, no announcement when the season will air, but I would think shortly after this.

June 18. Trailer just dropped 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/14/2023 at 4:39 AM, billfromlaketravis said:

The show rises and falls on Baby Billy. I hope we get a lot more than Walton Goggins cameos this season. 

Agree his character is the best but Judy is hilarious as well.  I loved season 1, season 2 not so much.  

Cautiously optimistic on Season 3. Plenty of Baby Billy in the trailer. I liked Season 2. The Culkin scene was fantastic.

The best way to improve this show is kill off Kelvin. Jesus Christ what an annoying character. Adam DeVine’s career has been on borrowed time since Pitch Perfect. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Hook 'Em 3

Weak start 2 eps in.  BOLO for Baby Billy issued.

11 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Adam Devine is f***ing insufferable. Please kill off his character and force him to retire. 

Agree his character is terrible.  They need to keep Keefe though.