Texas Spring Football Thread

Fud

Lulz that’s such a ridiculous comparison by Chip. They’re not even similar. Quan was way quicker and much more agile laterally, while Duvernay is a straight line burner. 
Just in case anyone forgot, Chip has 0 actual knowledge about football. 
Quan ran good routes and rarely missed a catch if there was even a small chance of making it. I'll take that over size, speed and unrealized potential every day.

3 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

Chip is the king of lazy comps. At least he didn’t say “Quan Cosby starter kit.”

Also, I love Hager, but the koolaid is overflowing a bit on his fall potential right now. 

I’ll buy into the Hager hype the first time he doesn’t bite hard on the QB read and pull his guidanceless hair missile routine. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Quan Cosby Sr year: 92 catches, 1123 yds, 10 TDs. 

Ignoring everything else (like size, ability, hands), I will eat my hat if Duvernay comes close to those numbers. 

At this point I'd kinda be surprised if his career totals surpass that. He's at 29 catches for 536 yards, 3 TDs now. 

20 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

At this point I'd kinda be surprised if his career totals surpass that. He's at 29 catches for 536 yards, 3 TDs now. 

Is just under 19 yards per catch good? Beck employing the Greg Davis offense with DJ Munroe. 

1178570.jpg

Edited by Vertigo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I missed the stuff with the tOSU Center, has he already announced he's grad transferring?  Was he starting in the tOSU spring game?

Twitter follows are about as accurate as FlightAware. You pays yer money and you takes yer cherce. (In this case, tree-fiddy.)

So Joel Klatt went on The Audible podcast, and he gave his thoughts when he visited Texas' spring camp (25:30) :

https://audioboom.com/posts/6811196-4-16-who-will-be-the-starting-quarterback-at-ohio-state-clemson-this-year-joel-klatt

tl;dl = said when he visited Texas' spring camp last year, that he saw they had a few really good players like Connor and Malik, but other than that they were nothing special. Then says from what he saw this spring camp and they are a changed team and vastly improved, to the point where he expects them to compete for the Big 12 title.

So normally i wouldn't pay this too much mind to this bozo, but Joel has taken any chance he can to throw jabs at the Horns ever since Drew Kelson almost decapitated him, so this has got me confused and wondering if his analysis is real.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I think Klatt has been pretty fair to Texas despite Kelson's attempted murder. 

This

except for that one column (cant remember if it was before last season or the season before) he did on us a while back, he’s been pretty frank and level headed in regards to us. I actually think he’s one of the better non biased guys out there... almost like an old kirk herbstreit

Edited by GreenspointTexas

Things we're looking forward to on Saturday? My list: 

- Keresetter at center 

- Reemergence of Devin Duvernay 

- Orlando's mad scientist experiment, Roach at Rover. 

- Sterns starting at safety 

- Anything, anything at all from Leitao 

- Carter vs Young 

- Adeoye eating at LB 

- Graham at nose tackle 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

- Keresetter at center 

- Carter vs Young 

- Adeoye eating at LB 

- Graham at nose tackle 

No injuries. And winning.

Edit: also Orlando putting in the walk-ons against the starting offense so that Garrett Wilson can be uber-impressed.

Edited by Machinator

38 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I think Klatt has been pretty fair to Texas despite Kelson's attempted murder. 

Klatt trolls aggy all the time when he does his weekly ticket radio segment during the season.  he’s great. 

Edited by futureman

So Joel Klatt went on The Audible podcast, and he gave his thoughts when he visited Texas' spring camp (25:30) :

https://audioboom.com/posts/6811196-4-16-who-will-be-the-starting-quarterback-at-ohio-state-clemson-this-year-joel-klatt

tl;dl = said when he visited Texas' spring camp last year, that he saw they had a few really good players like Connor and Malik, but other than that they were nothing special. Then says from what he saw this spring camp and they are a changed team and vastly improved, to the point where he expects them to compete for the Big 12 title.
So normally i wouldn't pay this too much mind to this bozo, but Joel has taken any chance he can to throw jabs at the Horns ever since Drew Kelson almost decapitated him, so this has got me confused and wondering if his analysis is real.

If Joel Klatt was skeptical or pessimistic about our team anytime after 2010 he would have been right.

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

- Keresetter at center 

- Carter vs Young 

- Adeoye eating at LB 

- Graham at nose tackle 

Graham at nose tackle is what I'm looking forward to

On paper, this is is the best overall team we've had since 2009. If the O-line doesn't suck, they should be able to win the conference and maybe go to the playoffs, but it's a little hard to believe after the last 8 years.

Edited by Bevo14

10 hours ago, TexasMan said:

We are desperate.

With respect to the thought that Joel Klatt takes “jabs” specifically at the Horns, I’d argue it’s the opposite. I listen to his segment each week on The Ticket as well as his podcast. His whole shtick is basically “hot takes” and why he’s right and others are wrong. However, what I’ve always thought is that, if anything, he goes a little “homerish” in talking up/defending the Big 12 and Pac 12 (especially in the context of others propping up the SEC). Coincidentally, you’ll note that the two conferences he’s regularly calling games for are...the Big 12 and Pac 12. I really like listening to him but listen to him through the filter of this realization. If anything, a Horns fan should love listening to him regularly mess with the Aggies.

• Like 1