Jump to content

Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars


Machinator

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, canadianhorn21 said:

Thanks for whiffing on Tony Mitchell there Ags! Helped us a bunch.

Side note. An unintended, but terribly fun advantage of dark mode is when people forget something, go google it, ctrl+c, nav back and ctrl+v (rc, paste as plain text you fucking animals!!!$$!!$), then finish their thought. 
 

“Thanks for whiffing on…

…aw shit what was that guys name…new tab, “bama football class 2022” enter…scroll…click…scroll…highlight…ctrl+c…other tab…ctrl+v

Tony Mitchell there ags! Helped us a bunch. 
 

/scene

  • Hook 'Em 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cautiously optimistic about DB recruiting. This is a great second step. Feeling good about Matthews. Toviano and Muhammad are going to be guys who sway with the wind, but as long as they stay in it they have a chance.

Edited by OnAComputer
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, OnAComputer said:

Cautiously optimistic about DB recruiting. This is a great second step. Toviano and Muhammad are going to be guys who sway with the wind, but as long as they stay in it they have a chance.

nice for you to finally get on the positive train, satya jr

  • Like 2
  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, OnAComputer said:

Cautiously optimistic about DB recruiting. This is a great second step. Feeling good about Matthews. Toviano and Muhammad are going to be guys who sway with the wind, but as long as they stay in it they have a chance.

wonder if its MHP, Muhammad or Toviano. Lot of defensive references

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, billfromlaketravis said:

Kelly’s QB recruiting/room management has always been poor, so I’ll excuse him for Holstein. Arch was never go to play for his family’s arch rival. 
 

But LSU losing a 5 star safety to Texas should be an alarming bellweather to LSU fans. 

It’s almost as if LSU lost a fffaaaaaammmmmiiiiiiillllllly member.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Kelly’s QB recruiting/room management has always been poor, so I’ll excuse him for Holstein. Arch was never go to play for his family’s arch rival. 
 

But LSU losing a 5 star safety to Texas should be an alarming bellweather to LSU fans. 

Shh GIFs | Tenor

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Now this is the Arch effect I have been waiting for. Glad to see out of state studs are paying attention to what Sark is building. It's time Texas threw its weight around like the #1 college athletics brand we are.

  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Now this is the Arch effect I have been waiting for. Glad to see out of state studs are paying attention to what Sark is building. It's time Texas threw its weight around like the #1 college athletics brand we are.

Arch? Everyone knows Will Randle is the one who got this snowball rolling.

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

FWIW - Nahlin was asked about possibility of #1 class and he said unlikely.  Expects the OL, DL, and Edge ratings will likely be too low to get Texas a #1 class.

But the LB rating will be good??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, CHEF RIBS W/ THE HAMM YALL said:

ESPN article on Williams:

 

"I feel Iike I'm a great player and I think the defense will kind of fit me," Williams told ESPN. "They're going to use me in a nickel, safety spot. Play corner, too. Blitz off the edge, blitz coming from the safety spot."

 

that last line - Triggered 

He's going to do a LOT of special teams too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, CHEF RIBS W/ THE HAMM YALL said:

ESPN article on Williams:

 

"I feel Iike I'm a great player and I think the defense will kind of fit me," Williams told ESPN. "They're going to use me in a nickel, safety spot. Play corner, too. Blitz off the edge, blitz coming from the safety spot."

 

that last line - Triggered 

Screenshot_20220627-181320_Google.thumb.jpg.995f5caab75ad649e107ee731a563777.jpg

  • Rage+1 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, CHEF RIBS W/ THE HAMM YALL said:

ESPN article on Williams:

 

"I feel Iike I'm a great player and I think the defense will kind of fit me," Williams told ESPN. "They're going to use me in a nickel, safety spot. Play corner, too. Blitz off the edge, blitz coming from the safety spot."

 

that last line - Triggered 

You can be a safety and blitz from less than 25 years off the line of scrimmage. 

  • Hook 'Em 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

FWIW - Nahlin was asked about possibility of #1 class and he said unlikely.  Expects the OL, DL, and Edge ratings will likely be too low to get Texas a #1 class.

#1 class a lock then. Nahlin has been pure garbage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...