Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

7 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Lol 36 so we’re trapdooring the 3 stars now? Might as well just take them off. Wait that Akana guy is rated that much higher than lefau? Why did all of the articles say lefau was the top rated recruit on the islands? Or is that just their annoying “top recruit on 247” and they’re some borderline 4 star?

Akana is a recruit from Utah. Also there are plenty of guys still on the roster who can be pushed out if they're not contributing. "Shit or get off the pot."

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

hey buddy make your own best class! haha

...making a best case class 6 months before NSD1 and 2 months before a game is played is total and complete a waste of time.

it's dumb when the 9.95ers do it this far out, and it's dumb when anyone else does it.

• Rage+1 1

20 hours ago, Hornlover said:

Are y'all seriously worried about recruiting rankings?!? In June? What does it matter?

I realize this will be a difficult concept for you to grasp, but many folks who frequent the recruiting board care about the manner and details on how players are ranked, and how classes compare to one another across the sport. It’s an import part of understanding your own class, debating the quality of players, scheme fit, and the competition around you. Plus, you know, it’s a fucking recruiting board. 

but you just stick to TrUst ThE coRChEs. That does seem about right 

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Lol 36 so we’re trapdooring the 3 stars now? Might as well just take them off. Wait that Akana guy is rated that much higher than lefau? Why did all of the articles say lefau was the top rated recruit on the islands? Or is that just their annoying “top recruit on 247” and they’re some borderline 4 star?

Akana left the islands. 

11 minutes ago, NoName said:

...making a best case class 6 months before NSD1 and 2 months before a game is played is total and complete a waste of time.

it's dumb when the 9.95ers do it this far out, and it's dumb when anyone else does it.

Is it dumb when people on the football board play a "call your shot, what's our record next year," and a subsequent 30 page discussion takes place of why we suck or will run the table? You're bitching about recruiting talk on a recruiting board. FoH

Edited by BornAndRaised

12 minutes ago, NoName said:

war-dogs-war-dogs-movie.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Seems like its rare to find a high school DT with a hudl full of him playing two gap and tackling the RB at the line of scrimmage.  His hudl is 324 minutes of Sydir standing up a double-team, walking them back a step, watching for the RB/QB to pick a gap and then Sydir tossing aside OL to make the tackle.   I'm here for it.

I could watch it all day. Just waiting in the middle and holding "No Entry" signs on 2-3 gaps at once and there ain't jack shit their double-team can do about it. lol

37 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Here’s a good bet I wonder if anyone would take-will Arch finish with a 100.00 rating or will they drop him a couple decimals? I say they will drop him. 

I bet they ding him. He plays against dogshit competition, doesn't do camps, didn't participate in the Elite 11, etc. No one has seen him line up against other elite players. Too many questions to give him the perfect ranking. Still happy as shit to have him. 

• Hook 'Em 6

9 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Is it dumb when people on the football board play a "call your shot, what's our record next year," and a subsequent 30 page discussion takes place of why we suck or will run the table? You're bitching about recruiting talk on a recruiting board. FoH

I am bitching about BOW making a dumb post that includes Texas getting as many 5* as the highest rated recruiting class of all time (A&M last year had 8 5*) and includes a ton of reaches, 3 TEs, 6 WR, zero turnover from the 17 committed, zero trap dooring and is too sunny for even Looch to ever try to get past his rube subscribers about "best case" for the upcoming class.

Texas could win the National Championship, have the #1 class in the country by far and still fall way short of getting 13 of the top 60 players in the country and 8 5*.

Strange this "disappointment" of not seeing another welcome on the front page.  Then I thought "don't be spoiled A-hole!"  Then I thought, "We are killing it dummy!"  Then I saw a homeless person begging on the street, and I thought "It could be worse. It can always be worse!"  Then I thought... "SEC, SEC, SEC,  A&M... and I smiled...."

Just now, irishtexan said:

I bet they ding him. He plays against dogshit competition, doesn't do camps, didn't participate in the Elite 11, etc. No one has seen him line up against other elite players. Too many questions to give him the perfect ranking. Still happy as shit to have him. 

idk how he can stick at 1.000 - which is fine. he is still an incredible recruit, but even if he ends up as the number 1 composite QB someone else probably ends up as the number 1 composite player at one of the sites.

2 minutes ago, NoName said:

I am bitching about BOW making a dumb post that includes Texas getting as many 5* as the highest rated recruiting class of all time (A&M last year had 8 5*) and includes a ton of reaches, 3 TEs, 6 WR, zero turnover from the 17 committed, zero trap dooring and is too sunny for even Looch to ever try to get past his rube subscribers about "best case" for the upcoming class.

Texas could win the National Championship, have the #1 class in the country by far and still fall way short of getting 13 of the top 60 players in the country and 8 5*.

Cry harder bitch.

• Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, NoName said:

C9E3C833-E8F7-4873-BA30-701F718AEED6.gif

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Doesn’t do camps is incorrect. But I believe you are correct that it will hurt him because he doesn’t do recruiting site camps. He has gone to Bama, Clemson, Georgia and Texas and has shown his skills against 5 star corners in their day camps and has been extremely impressive. He would likely flourish at the Elite 11 because that is what he has been training for his entire life. If anything, we would be hearing that he is a camp wonder if he went to all of these. They just change the narrative. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

This wins dumbest post of the day.

1 hour ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Is Mitchell the first ever NJ recruit for us for football? Or let’s just say the last 15 years. I’m thinking so

Oh.. just a certain NFL QB's son from Ramapo High in Franklin Lakes, NJ 

15 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Yeah because only QB’s who go to the elite 11 camp have been worth a shit in college and up to this point nobody has evaluated him at all. He’s still largely unknown that’s why Kiffin, Sark, Saban, Kirby, Dabo, and Ryan Day all went down to attend his games, practices, and even watch him play basketball in the spring. This is a Charlie Strong level bad take, man. You know better than this.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Yeah because only QB’s who go to the elite 11 camp have been worth a shit in college and up to this point nobody has evaluated him at all. He’s still largely unknown that’s why Kiffin, Sark, Saban, Kirby, Dabo, and Ryan Day all went down to attend his games, practices, and even watch him play basketball in the spring. This is a Charlie Strong level bad take, man. You know better than this.

Those camps will arguably give him worse coaching than he's already received. You don't think he's working with his uncles, their trainers, and etc? LOL. Makes perfect sense why he doesn't camp.

• Hook 'Em 7

1 minute ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Or you could point out that if you could judge a QB by his ability to dominate in shorts without a pass rush, Hudson Card might be your 2023 Heisman winner

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Those camps will arguably give him worse coaching than he's already received. You don't think he's working with his uncles, their trainers, and etc? LOL. Makes perfect sense why he doesn't camp.

Yeah I wouldn’t camp if I were him either. Absolutely no reason to…My post was sarcastic in case you didn’t notice.

12 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

What - you don't think Trent fucking Dilfer might have a thing or two to teach Arch?

"What you're going to need to do is get the best defense since the 85 Bears, and a couple of Pro Bowl RB's, and then you too can ride their coattails to a SuperBowl"

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 5

Just now, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

If I recall correctly, Nahlin hinted yesterday that if Muhammad’s announcement was only a top schools then his commitment would be today.

He said if it was a top schools list that Texas would still be the favorite.  And they'd be the favorite tomorrow, and the next day, and the day after.

• Hook 'Em 3

43 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Suchomel is expecting two commitments this weekend

(there's a somewhat confusing exchange in some comments that I read as him hinting one is Muhammad and neither are Jordan Matthews)

Muhammad on Saturday morning hence the Sark before brunch tweet Wednesday night. Gerry said he thinks Mitchell announces Sunday. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

If I recall correctly, Nahlin hinted yesterday that if Muhammad’s announcement was only a top schools then his commitment would be today.

Wow. I’m struggling to fathom how you even read Nahlin’s post and ginned up that interpretation. It goes beyond basic reading incomprehension. It’s like art. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

28 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Holy fuck man. Relax. The question was asked "does Arch end up being ranked as a perfect recruit" and I gave my opinion that ultimately I think he'll be dinged a tiny bit. I still think he'll be the #1 overall recruit in the class, but he won't be "perfect" like VY, Rashan Gary, Clowney, etc. There have only been 5 "perfect" recruits in history. Multiple articles have been published this week questioning if he might be overrated. I don't give a fuck about any of that. I don't give a shit about camps. I don't give a shit about elite 11. I don't give a shit about the competition he plays against. But it's enough to instill just a little bit of doubt for the ranking services to consider dinging him a bit. You taking offense to my opinion on where he'll ultimately end up being ranked is an aggie-level overreaction. 

• Hook 'Em 5

30 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

What - you don't think Trent fucking Dilfer might have a thing or two to teach Arch?

"What you're going to need to do is get the best defense since the 85 Bears, and a couple of Pro Bowl RB's, and then you too can ride their coattails to a SuperBowl"

Peyton learned that trick in denver, so arch probably already knows it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Holy fuck man. Relax. The question was asked "does Arch end up being ranked as a perfect recruit" and I gave my opinion that ultimately I think he'll be dinged a tiny bit. I still think he'll be the #1 overall recruit in the class, but he won't be "perfect" like VY, Rashan Gary, Clowney, etc. There have only been 5 "perfect" recruits in history. Multiple articles have been published this week questioning if he might be overrated. I don't give a fuck about any of that. I don't give a shit about camps. I don't give a shit about elite 11. I don't give a shit about the competition he plays against. But it's enough to instill just a little bit of doubt for the ranking services to consider dinging him a bit. You taking offense to my opinion on where he'll ultimately end up being ranked is an aggie-level overreaction. 

*aggy.

And your original post was the definition of regarded. It was bad and you should feel bad.

• Hook 'Em 1