Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Apparently felt disrespected he didn't get enough love on a visit so he left the visit early and never looked back.

Bingo. 

He can play tho. I’m sure Texas wishes it could have a redo with how that recruitment started. That was before Texas really got the recruitment and visit thing in the groove it’s on now. 

4 hours ago, Getafix said:

Calm down.  It's just the twitter way of saying 🦑🌻🍆🐍💩🎉🍺🥶

Why didn’t he just say that?

Everybody knows what that means.  

4 hours ago, Getafix said: twitter way of saying 🦑🌻🍆🐍💩🎉🍺🥶
Edited by Laga4

4 hours ago, Thiefery said:

You remember him actively trying to get Strong extended?  He would write his small write ups/articles, insisting that the class could be even better if the Admin backed Strong with an extension.. This was after his two shitastic seasons heading into his 3rd and ultimately last season as the HC of TEXAS.

Maybe if he had been extended he would have made it more than 3 years 👀

56 minutes ago, Laga4 said:

That article doesn't make a lot of sense.  I think everybody involved is on the same page about playing time.  

With the trajectory of the team I think a backup Arch will see a lot of playing time next year. 

Nah, I see Malik getting a ton of reps so Arch can learn. He'll have 2 years before Quinn (hopefully) enters the draft as a rs jr

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Nah, I see Malik getting a ton of reps so Arch can learn. He'll have 2 years before Quinn (hopefully) enters the draft as a rs jr

So your take is that you hope Ewers struggles badly enough or gets injured again that he doesn't go pro as soon as he can? What in the fuck is wrong with you. 

36 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I think Malik gets QB2 next season if Card hits the portal, which I would really like to see.

What the hell is wrong with you? If he can't beat out a gimpy Card, he's terrible.

Openly rooting for good kids who graduate and contribute to transfer is gross.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Vermin said:

What the hell is wrong with you? If he can't beat out a gimpy Card, he's terrible.

He had a busted wrist from a scooter accident, and we all knew he was a huge project with a cannon who needs to rework his throwing motion. Wanting to see that kid play after a year of coaching while known-quantity mediocrity Card has fun working his way through the SMU sorority scene is pretty normal.

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 8

6 minutes ago, texifornia said:

He had a busted wrist from a scooter accident, and we all knew he was a huge project with a cannon who needs to rework his throwing motion. Wanting to see that kid play after a year of coaching while known-quantity mediocrity Card has fun working his way through the SMU sorority scene is pretty normal.

No. It’s the children who are wrong.

49 minutes ago, Vermin said:

He's fucking nursing an injury in his leg from when he won the state title.

Card is probably gone since he graduates this year, anyway. Do you expect him to sit around and be a backup when he can go be a starter elsewhere as a grad transfer with 2 years of eligibility left?

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

So your take is that you hope Ewers struggles badly enough or gets injured again that he doesn't go pro as soon as he can? What in the fuck is wrong with you. 

No, I'm hoping he stays and wins 2 NC'S. Are you dense? Did I say anything about him getting hurt? Do you not want him to stay a little longer to help Arch acclimate? Jesus Christ 

2 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

No, I'm hoping he stays and wins 2 NC'S. Are you dense? Did I say anything about him getting hurt? Do you not want him to stay a little longer to help Arch acclimate? Jesus Christ 

He's draft eligible after next season, as has been discussed ad infinitum on this board. Which is why people are calling you out, because most of the scenarios that involve him staying two more years are bad for our team and/or bad for Ewers.

• Hook 'Em 1

The OMG, Arch is going to transfer bullshit gets a little old and has always been stupid. It assumes that the Mannings are unfamiliar with this college football thing. I'm sure it is a huge surprise to the royal family of QBs that good programs sit their highly recruited QBs for at least a season so they can learn. I doubt either Ewers or Manning plan on spurning the NFL and sticking around for 4 years to get that diploma. This is how good programs do it. They don't have to rush freshman into full speed, college football when they aren't ready. Ewers starting next year will have zero effect on Arch Manning's plans. 

I also highly doubt that Card transfers. He has always wanted to play football for Texas. What I wonder is if he has enough receiver skills to move to another position. He's not going to play in the NFL at QB. I don't know if he wants to play in the NFL, but if he does, he needs to try another position. If I remember correctly, he was a WR until his SR. season, or maybe part way through his Jr. year. This is just my rambling stream of consciousness. I strongly doubt anything like this happens.

Malik is the mystery box. I don't hink he's QB2 unless he turns out to be a major stud, Card portals, or Card gets another job on the team. So if I had to guess, he'll be the transfer.

Just now, Hornlover said:

He's draft eligible after next season, as has been discussed ad infinitum on this board. Which is why people are calling you out, because most of the scenarios that involve him staying two more years are bad for our team and/or bad for Ewers.

Why is that bad for Ewers, exactly? He hasn't played in over 2 years, so I don't think him staying until he's a rs Jr is outrageous. He may go, and that's fine, but I'm hoping he stays one more year for obvious selfish reasons. I'd rather not just throw Arch to the fire immediately, so my hopes are Ewers would help him out. He probably bails like everyone is saying, but this is Surly and no one knows shit. 

1 hour ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

Also, who the fuck are you? I'm assuming a lurker who comes out of the shadows spouting stupid shit like "SO YOU WANT HIM TO GET INJURED??? YOU WANT HIM TO STRUGGLE???". Maybe not jumping to conclusions would suit you better. 

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I’m not sure you know how calendars work. 

Probably not. He's a rs fr right now, so next year he's a rs soph, and then a rs Jr, so that would give him 3 full years, but like everyone is hoping that he bails after he's a rs soph for whatever reason, other than assuming he'll be the #1 overall pick in 2024 

I dunno, I'm fucking tired as shit. I'm gonna get high and watch some horror movies. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana

This shit is dumb. 

The plan is and always has been 

Ewers - 2022-23, 2023-24

Arch - 2024-25 and beyond 

As for the rest, Card will transfer out after this year and play two years at Houston or SMU, Maalik will battle with Arch in 24-25 and leave if he loses. Need the 2025 QB to be a stud to continue this trend  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

This shit is dumb. 

The plan is and always has been 

Ewers - 2022-23, 2023-24

Arch - 2024-25 and beyond 

As for the rest, Card will transfer out after this year and play two years at Houston or SMU, Maalik will battle with Arch in 24-25 and leave if he loses. Need the 2025 QB to be a stud to continue this trend  

I have faith Sark will find one. Dude is a magician with QB'S. Plus I think he already has a target in some kid from Flower Mound (if I remember correctly)?

28 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Why is that bad for Ewers, exactly? He hasn't played in over 2 years, so I don't think him staying until he's a rs Jr is outrageous. He may go, and that's fine, but I'm hoping he stays one more year for obvious selfish reasons. I'd rather not just throw Arch to the fire immediately, so my hopes are Ewers would help him out. He probably bails like everyone is saying, but this is Surly and no one knows shit. 

You have to be trolling.  If not, please run with scissors and never look both ways before crossing the road.  

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Hmbre97 said:

Wtf does eyes-ice cream cone-train mean?

I'm turning into the 'old man yells at cloud' with all of these stupid fucking cryptic emoji Twitter messages

You would have fucking HATED living in Ancient Egypt.

31 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I dunno, I'm fucking tired as shit. I'm gonna get high and watch some horror movies. 

Successful people make plans.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 7

7 minutes ago, Tree Fidy said:

You have to be trolling.  If not, please run with scissors and never look both ways before crossing the road.  

Raise your hand if you didn't want Vince to come back for his senior season. 

Now raise your hand if you wouldn't want Ewers to come back if he wins a NC here as a rs soph? I sure as fuck would. Does he? Probably not, but you would be lying your fucking ass off if you didn't hope he would. 

My only point is I'm HOPING he does, not that I think he will. Just hope, nothing more. 

Maybe try reading it again where I said I hope he comes back for selfish reasons. What exactly is wrong with that, and how is that trolling?

• Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, 1leggedduck said:

The OMG, Arch is going to transfer bullshit gets a little old and has always been stupid. It assumes that the Mannings are unfamiliar with this college football thing. I'm sure it is a huge surprise to the royal family of QBs that good programs sit their highly recruited QBs for at least a season so they can learn. I doubt either Ewers or Manning plan on spurning the NFL and sticking around for 4 years to get that diploma. This is how good programs do it. They don't have to rush freshman into full speed, college football when they aren't ready. Ewers starting next year will have zero effect on Arch Manning's plans. 

I also highly doubt that Card transfers. He has always wanted to play football for Texas. What I wonder is if he has enough receiver skills to move to another position. He's not going to play in the NFL at QB. I don't know if he wants to play in the NFL, but if he does, he needs to try another position. If I remember correctly, he was a WR until his SR. season, or maybe part way through his Jr. year. This is just my rambling stream of consciousness. I strongly doubt anything like this happens.

Malik is the mystery box. I don't hink he's QB2 unless he turns out to be a major stud, Card portals, or Card gets another job on the team. So if I had to guess, he'll be the transfer.

Malik will be the true test if Sark/Milwee can long game develop a QB here like he did Mac Jones and if it does happen will put us in a great depth spot with Arch insurance.  

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

Malik will be the true test if Sark/Milwee can long game develop a QB here like he did Mac Jones and if it does happen will put us in a great depth spot with Arch insurance.  

Not likely. He’s probably transferring if he loses to Arch. He wouldn’t get to start until his 4th or 5th year at that point.