Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

46 minutes ago, Snotrocket said:

WR Pettaway has to be regretting his decision.  He'll never catch a pass for that crappy OU offense.

He can go play for Jimbo if he doesn’t ever want to catch passes. At least he’ll have the same HC for his entire time since they can’t afford to fire Jimbo

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, BrazilHorn said:

For me, Vasek can take his Sooner loving ass the fuck out of here. He is not someone I care if Texas gets. I never saw the appeal before he committed to OU and I see it even less now.

We need edges in a big way. Vasek is a more polished version of Burke and Burke has acquitted himself well this year as a true freshman. I was originally meh on him, but we really need him.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, utexas8 said:

Got married this summer

Supposedly, a very nice wedding. One of my reps is very close friends with him and flew out to wedding in Colorado. Sam has lots of booster friends who are more than willing to help with private jets and stuff.

• Hook 'Em 3

11 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Glad Toviano ditched swamp aggy to come to this today. Also helps with Akana that OU is getting shit stomped.

Would love to add Vasek, Toviano and Akana.

Anyone care to share this? 

Spoiler

The Oklahoma Sooners were the home team for this year’s Red River Shootout from the Cotton Bowl in Dallas, which means they’re allowed to host recruits and prospects. But after Texas’ 49-0 win over its rivals north of the Red River, some OU targets saw a lot more of the Longhorns than expected. 

Inside Texas catches up with recruits in attendance for Texas-OU after today’s big win for the Horns, including On3 Consensus No. 9 overall for 2024, Lake Belton (Texas) wide receiver Micah Hudson. 

“Coach (Steve) Sarkisian is calling some good plays,” Hudson told Inside Texas at the half. “Quinn (Ewers) is putting the ball in the right spot.” 

Hudson agreed the motion from the offense was a big help in identifying OU’s defensive set. He also agreed the Sooners fans were a little too much. He also wondered what Arch Manning will look like in this offense, even hoping he’d seen him today at the State Fair. 

“I came as an OU recruit because that’s the only way I could get here,” said Hudson, the On3 No. 2 wide receiver in the Class of 2024. “But I walked over to the Texas side now and with the Texas fans.” 

Hudson is the nation’s No. 3-rated wide receiver according to the On3 Consensus, a complete and equally weighted industry-generated average that utilizes all four major recruiting media companies. On3 is higher on Hudson — ranking him as the No. 2 receiver in the nation.

Cedric Baxter, RB, Orlando (Fla.) Edgewater – #AllGasNoBrakes

“Why not Texas? I think the way they just used the (running) backs speaks for itself and I why I committed there.” 

Malik Muhammad, CB, Dallas (Texas) South Oak Cliff – #AllGasNoBrakes

“We have the GUY. QUINN!” 

Payton Kirkland, OL, Orlando (Fla.) Dr. Phillips – #AllGasNoBrakes 

“Should be a wake up call to the entire country. As well as recruits, you should be considering Texas if you play offense.” 

Connor Stroh, OL, Frisco (Texas) Wakeland – #AllGasNoBrakes

“Man, why not Texas?! Love to see the fight, and I want us to have no mercy.”

Taylor Tatum, RB, Longview (Texas) – 2024 

“It got kind of boring. Hahahaha. (Texas) runs it good.” 

Casey Poe, OL, Lindale (Texas) – 2024

“It was a really great environment to be in. Would be a really special game to play in. Each team’s fan base brought energy behind each play. Very thankful I got the opportunity to see it in person.” 

Landon Rink, EDGE, Cypress (Texas) Cy-Fair – 2025

“Texas looks amazing against a good Oklahoma team. Quinn Ewers is that guy 100%, and the defense is firing on all cylinders.”

• Hook 'Em 4

4 hours ago, Vertigo said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The Oklahoma Sooners were the home team for this year’s Red River Shootout from the Cotton Bowl in Dallas, which means they’re allowed to host recruits and prospects. But after Texas’ 49-0 win over its rivals north of the Red River, some OU targets saw a lot more of the Longhorns than expected. 

Inside Texas catches up with recruits in attendance for Texas-OU after today’s big win for the Horns, including On3 Consensus No. 9 overall for 2024, Lake Belton (Texas) wide receiver Micah Hudson. 

“Coach (Steve) Sarkisian is calling some good plays,” Hudson told Inside Texas at the half. “Quinn (Ewers) is putting the ball in the right spot.” 

Hudson agreed the motion from the offense was a big help in identifying OU’s defensive set. He also agreed the Sooners fans were a little too much. He also wondered what Arch Manning will look like in this offense, even hoping he’d seen him today at the State Fair. 

“I came as an OU recruit because that’s the only way I could get here,” said Hudson, the On3 No. 2 wide receiver in the Class of 2024. “But I walked over to the Texas side now and with the Texas fans.” 

Hudson is the nation’s No. 3-rated wide receiver according to the On3 Consensus, a complete and equally weighted industry-generated average that utilizes all four major recruiting media companies. On3 is higher on Hudson — ranking him as the No. 2 receiver in the nation.

“Why not Texas? I think the way they just used the (running) backs speaks for itself and I why I committed there.” 

“Should be a wake up call to the entire country. As well as recruits, you should be considering Texas if you play offense.” 

“It was a really great environment to be in. Would be a really special game to play in. Each team’s fan base brought energy behind each play. Very thankful I got the opportunity to see it in person.” 

“Texas looks amazing against a good Oklahoma team. Quinn Ewers is that guy 100%, and the defense is firing on all cylinders.”

Dark mode:

Spoiler

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1