Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

10 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

He'd just returned to the team that week after being shitty in the Olympics. That poor Bruin bore the brunt of Goodwin's frustrations.

Bruin didn't deserve it, but hey, it's football

I was there. In the vast emptiness of the rose bowl, that hit seemed to echo around the stadium. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

Very curious to hear what NIL talk went down between us and Hill.

I have a feeling a lot changed on our end once NCAA gave that clarification on what coaches and AD can do in terms of NIL.  Can you share any insight? @RGBIII 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

We dont talk to recruits nor play a part in recruiting them. Ketch was alluding to us however

I know you don't but coaches and our AD can specifically point to you guys as what's going to happen.

Like they can say "Insert Linemen Name here" we have this for you kind of thing. *points to pancake factory*

2 hours ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Yep, I ranted about this all offseason. UT trying to get a safety in the Portal this past winter/spring didn't make sense to me becuz UT was going to have plenty of bodies to throw at the position in Fall camp. What UT didn't have enough of is outside cover CBs.

Thankfully Watts & Jamieson have been mostly healthy this season.

Guilbeau is too slow straight line speed-wise to be an outside CB. He's a Nickel/Safety all the way.

The guy left Guilbeau off of his list of DBs entirely. I know what position Guilbeau plays.