Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

2 hours ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

So should we just switch coaches for a week and let sark recruit and patterson take his old team out?

1 hour ago, cafe society said:

IMO this is the third stage of the Patterson Project:  scheme for Bama, BlowU and TCU.  I like our chances.

Yeah… because Patterson has such a great track record of beating Sonny Dykes.

image.gif.84ac6b38d0e259f2b62a66bb64a31b08.gif

Edited by Napoleon
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Not discounting that he gives up on routes - but I also wonder if he might just be terrible at tracking the deep ball.  There have been plenty of chances this year where I just don't think he knew where the ball was/ or was going.

This is 100% it. He has terrible over the shoulder tracking skills. It's so weird because he's a great punt catcher but if the ball is not perfectly over the shoulder he's expecting he absolutely can't adjust to it. There was a near pick yesterday where he didn't even turn the correct direction.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

This is 100% it. He has terrible over the shoulder tracking skills. It's so weird because he's a great punt catcher but if the ball is not perfectly over the shoulder he's expecting he absolutely can't adjust to it. There was a near pick yesterday where he didn't even turn the correct direction.

He needs the ball in front of him. For posts, that’s to the inside.  Sideline he needs it on the field side. If the throw takes the ball over his head at any point, he will lose it. 

4 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

So what are thinking here? Ant Hill and Hicks both quietly take official visits to Texas this weekend? 

I would bet money at least one of them shows up. Hill has already taken his official if I am not mistaken.

Edited by Vertigo

11 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

So what are thinking here? Ant Hill and Hicks both quietly take official visits to Texas this weekend? 

So what's the board's thinking regarding Hicks if Oklahoma loses again and Texas changes defensive coordinators and Oregon falls into the Pacific and Alabama and Georgia fill up?

14 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

If any of us took that hit we would all be crippled 

No kidding. That game also made me feel really old. My brother and I bought tickets that ended up in the UCLA section near the students. I told them we owed them a beating in response to Route 66. They had no idea what I was talking about. 

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Xminus6 said:

No kidding. That game also made me feel really old. My brother and I bought tickets that ended up in the UCLA section near the students. I told them we owed them a beating in response to Route 66. They had no idea what I was talking about. 

We still owe them more than a beating for that ass raping we took. Good lord that was embarrassing 

Just for the laughs I recommend opening this in youtube, clicking on settings button on the bottom right, then changing playback speed to 0.5. Entertainment value would only increase from a few shots or a bong rip. The total gibberish even at half-speed is remarkable. His tears and defensiveness really stand out too.

My favorite part is where he won't let the reporter ask his questions..lol
  • Hook 'Em 1

My good buddy’s brother in law was Gary’s DC at TCU. Chad something or other. Said buddy is third or fourth generation big donor at TCU. They’ve been shitting their pants over this game ever since the rumors of Gary coming here started floating around. In fact, he’s the person who told me Gary was coming here and his main goal was to eff TCU up. We shall see. 

• Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, Chili dog said:

My good buddy’s brother in law was Gary’s DC at TCU. Chad something or other. Said buddy is third or fourth generation big donor at TCU. They’ve been shitting their pants over this game ever since the rumors of Gary coming here started floating around. In fact, he’s the person who told me Gary was coming here and his main goal was to eff TCU up. We shall see. 

GP’s about to go Old Testament on that ass. Citing Ezekiel 25:17 and everything

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Chili dog said:

Lol clearly they've never seen a PK defense

• Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, Vermin said:

Sorry for getting on topic, but have there been any recruits that have blown up their senior year we are looking into for the first time?

Tyler Scott and Jehlani Mcdonald and a defensive lineman that we are watching. For the DL, though, my guess is we go JUCO and portal instead. Also, for DL we will probably go with Deal. We made offers though to some guy from Illinois and Justin Benton from GA.

Edited by Bevo

4 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Saw on another board Markis Deal is using his last OV this weekend.

https://www.on3.com/teams/texas-longhorns/news/markis-deal-tentatively-has-official-visit-date-to-texas/

On3 Consensus 4-star defensive lineman Markis Deal will make his fifth and final official visit to Texas November 12.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1