Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

Just now, Elmer_Fudd said:

He wasn't on the visitor list and I don't even think he's went to a LSU game this year.

Unfortunately I think we can close the book on Toviano after tonight unless he shows up next week.  Don't get your hopes up.

Agreed here. Not worried about Williams, but definitely think Toviano is gone.

23 minutes ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

He was paid this off season and he's a sophomore.  I said it before and I'll say it again best receiver I've ever seen on the 40 

he's not better than roy williams or jordan shipley.  at least not yet.

Just now, Elmer_Fudd said:

Have no idea what we will do for another CB spot.  We better do whatever it co$t$ to keep Muhammed.  Be nice to somehow try and change Jayvon Thomas's mind.

70+ Free Portal & Fantasy Videos, HD & 4K Clips - Pixabay

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Shipley 

Roy

Xavier 

worthy needs to give more effort and do more, period. 

Roy ate shit vs ousux. X brings that energy in big games. He's just a soph.  Give me x all day. He's improved so much even after a great freshman year. 

Just now, Caver60 said:

I’d throw Mike Adams in there ahead of X, but it’s close.

Get off the bull shit 

1 minute ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

Roy ate shit vs ousux. X brings that energy in big games. He's just a soph.  Give me x all day. He's improved so much even after a great freshman year. 

Get off the bull shit 

Roy would go get the ball and gave max effort even if he didn’t play well vs Oklahoma. Xavier doesn’t give effort. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

17 minutes ago, OB3 said:

Not shocking, but LSU has got to be almost full if not already in the DB room? (In regards to them going after Derek Williams)

14 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Desmond Ricks also got Fong'd to them.  #1 CB in 2024 class that reclassified to 2023.

My guess is that they have known that these guys were going to LSU for a while but are using tonight’s game as their excuse for why they are putting in their pick. 

If you listen to the Texas recruiting guys from Horns 247 (the podcast), they occasionally will mention that they have know that a guy was going to commit for a couple of months and maybe have even written up the commitment story, but they hold onto the story.

After this amazing win, it’s easy to make it look like you think that the guy will get caught up in the excitement and give a commitment.

2 minutes ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

21 touchdowns in 21 games. Fastest to reach 100 receptions. If that ain't effort and hard work i don't know what is.

Speed in a very receiver friendly offense . If he was a more complete receiver and gave more effort he’d have more touchdowns and catches. That’s the frustrating part about him. You see how great he can be but he doesn’t do what it takes every play to get where he needs to be.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Here’s Shipley and Cosby. BTW there will never be a better block from a WR than Cosby here (who was also super friendly and made me feel old by calling me Sir and let me try on his Big XII title ring):

spacer.png

That was such a beautiful play.  It’s confounding that it’s a 15 yard penalty today. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Roy would go get the ball and gave max effort even if he didn’t play well vs Oklahoma. Xavier doesn’t give effort. 

One of the biggest knocks on Roy Williams before his LSU explosion was his habit of taking plays off and getting by on his insane talent. Darryl Drake called him out on it at some point.

Re-watch the 2002 blOU game for some egregious examples.

Edited by satyanash
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Obviously I’m not gonna convince anyone on Mike Adams. And agree that Shipley and Quan are the best duo we’ve seen.

Adams was good. Very good. Still in an era where offenses aren’t what they are now. 3000+ career yards, and he was an important player for us, program-wise. Blue chip recruit at WR, with blue chip results. 

Pinckney could have been better. 

I know David Thomas wasn’t a WR, but holy shit that guy was a tremendous pass catcher. 

Edited by Caver60
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, pacman said:

I believe the 2018 or 2019 NCAA rule change requires the ref to flag that play for 15 yards, as an illegal blind side block.

I see. I looked it up and I guess it would be a blind side block since he was running either perpendicular to the sideline or against the flow of the play. 

2 hours ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

He was paid this off season and he's a sophomore.  I said it before and I'll say it again best receiver I've ever seen on the 40 

2 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

he's not better than roy williams or jordan shipley.  at least not yet.

70+ Free Portal & Fantasy Videos, HD & 4K Clips - Pixabay

2 hours ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

Hell yes he is. 

2 hours ago, TheAuditor said:

Ah.  No he’s not.   Good route runner.  Pretty good hands.   Seems to struggle w balls in the air.   He’s very good.    Not all time.  Not yet. 

I've been watching a lot of 2012 & 2013 LHN highlights on YouTube lately.... And I'm not convinced that Xavier Worthy is better deep threat WR than Mike Davis was.

• Haha 1