Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

So if we get Vasek, our two year running edge class would be: Burke, Tapp, Finkley, Bledsoe, Walton, Vasek and Gullette (LB/edge hybrid)

Compare that to the previous two year running edge class (2020 and 2021 classes) of: Prince Dorbah, DJ Harris, Sorrell and I guess David Abiara (don't know if the plan was for him to spin down to DT since he left so quickly)

• Hook 'Em 7

18 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Man, I can only take so much good news in a short amount of time. Since Saturday, the Astros won a WS, the Horns broke their 5 game road losing streak, my mom doesn't have cancer, and decommit palloza today. At least, Peja Jr. chose Stanford so my system can start to recalibrate.

Great news on your mother. That dwarfs any sports related event!

That said, my Saturday was pretty okay:

Sunrise at Thunder Creek Ranch, Utopia, Texas

EF8BE884-E4E8-453E-BBC5-75F93B420D1F_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.15b0ed73a1f3dca0f14b6dce36527f20.jpeg

Son got him a 10 point buck at sunrise

Aggy loses ugly, again...

I Lee Harvey'd  ~ 150 lb wild pig at sunset, fresh venison & pork

Texas beats K-State on the road (really happy to see Coburn find the beast within)

Houston Astro's (Go 'stros!!!) spanked the Phillie's and are World Series Champions, again ....

I don't usually get sprinkles on my ice cream, but the other losers on Saturday,

OU, Tech, Okie State, and Arkansas, Alabama, Tennessee & Clemson

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

If they get Bowen on campus again, then the fucking class could be completely unhinged. They absolutely buttfucked his recruitment. It went so poorly that after the last time he visited, whenever and however long ago that was, he removed Texas completely from his list. I don't even know how they'd pull it off and it is really hard to believe.

• Hook 'Em 6

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

If they get Bowen on campus again, then the fucking class could be completely unhinged. They absolutely buttfucked his recruitment. It went so poorly that after the last time he visited, whenever and however long ago that was, he removed Texas completely from his list. I don't even know how they'd pull it off and it is really hard to believe.

Whats the story there, if you dont mind sharing. 

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Will be interesting to monitor since they just offered his brother!

9 minutes ago, Getafix said:

247Sports Crystal Ball Forecast: Texas picking up serious steam

Steve Wiltfong

(Couple of nice nuggets I've highlighted ... )

Hide contents

247Sports Crystal Ball Forecast: Texas picking up serious steam

Steve Wiltfong

A day after the Top247 and 247Sports Composite’s No. 1 ranked linebacker Anthony Hill reopened his recruiting process, backing off a verbal to Texas A&M that dated back to the end of July, I’ve logged my 247Sports Crystal Ball Forecast in favor of Texas.

Hill will be back in Austin this weekend, part of what will be a star-studded visitor list as Steve Sarkisian and his staff build on a recruiting class currently ranked No. 7 in the nation.

A couple weeks ago, a source with knowledge of the recruitment told 247Sports to keep an eye on Hill and the Longhorns with something potentially happening on the last day of the cycle. That has obviously accelerated.

When talking to a source on Tuesday morning regarding the 6-foot-2, 225-pound Hill and the Longhorns, there was a lot of confidence he’ll ultimately end up in the Burnt Orange. Perhaps even by the end of the weekend.

Beyond Hill, I logged a recent 247Sports Crystal Ball forecast for Texas to flip Austin (Texas) Westlake standout Colton Vasek from rival Oklahoma and ultimately I like where the Longhorns sit for Top247 athlete Jelani McDonald who will also be in Austin this weekend and expected back for an official at the end of the process.

Sarkisian and company currently have 20 commits in the 2023 cycle. Now that we’ve discussed Hill, Vasek and McDonald, a couple sources believe the Longhorns are in the top two for Top247 edge Tausili Akana. That one Texas is very much in the middle of it for.

As the Early Signing Period fast approaches, Dec. 21, you also have Texas swinging at the nation’s No. 1 tight end Duce Robinson, they’re in the mix to flip DeAndre Moore from Louisville, Top247 cornerback Javien Toviano is visiting for the first time in nearly a year, perhaps they make a move with Top247 lineman Markis Deal, Top247 cornerback Bravion Rogers and Top247 receiver Ja’Kobi Lane and even five-star safety Peyton Bowen is expected this weekend.

Texas had a top five class in 2022 and tracking for another in 2023.

I guess Wiltfong hasn’t heard about the swinger party.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Read the news? Hicks Sr doesn’t appear to be involved, but his superiors at Paetow sure were. 

Would you hire any Baylor coaches in 2016? 

Are Hicks Sr and Jr a package deal? Hicks Sr has college eligibility? Was Hicks Jr involved in whatever scandal is at Paetow?

Woody Harrelson's dad is a hit man, but I enjoy his movies. (Woody's not his dad's movies.)

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, 40acredropout said:

Found Elvis' handle on IT.  Coaches better have their heads on swivels this weekend for the spies.  

I have never been to a swingers party but based on that conversation, I am starting to question if I really know what a swingers party is.

17 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Whats the story there, if you dont mind sharing. 

I don’t really remember because I heard about it some time ago. If memory serves, they basically didn’t know who he was when he visited and he left ignored. It might have been a junior day or something. I just recall the story sounding so bad that I’ve never thought about him since. He’s for sure a high value talent, so I’d be all over having him. 

45 minutes ago, PTINS said:

Great news on your mother. That dwarfs any sports related event!*

That said, my Saturday was pretty okay:**

* Rarely does one receive the gift of such profound insight on a recruiting thread. I still have to ruminate on this.

** My staff is compiling a montage of my weekend. I'll post when it's finished. The light wasn't great for photographing supermodels massaging my feet and feeding me grapes.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

So if we get Vasek, our two year running edge class would be: Burke, Tapp, Finkley, Bledsoe, Walton, Vasek and Gullette (LB/edge hybrid)

Compare that to the previous two year running edge class (2020 and 2021 classes) of: Prince Dorbah, DJ Harris, Sorrell and I guess David Abiara (don't know if the plan was for him to spin down to DT since he left so quickly)

Well at this point I'm half expecting Shelby to be in town this weekend.

I’ve been ignoring my zoom meeting catching up here and I just got called on for my opinion and had no idea the topic. 

resortted to the ole trying to get the audio fixed on the computer excuse. I was texted by a buddy that said. Not paying attention huh”

nope recruiting is wild right now 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, Moderator said:

I fail to understand how the coaching situation at Paetow is going to effect Hicks final decision?  I know his dad is interim coach, but if his dad is dictating where his kid is going due to some bullshit going on with his job, then he is the shittiest parent ever.  Why does Paetow admin care if he is at A&M, OU or UT?  

Hey, let me introduce you to Bryce Fosters mom. 

Olympic hopeful, mom makes him go to aggy and now watch him fade into obscurity. No football. No Olympics. But hes a by god aggy. 

• Hook 'Em 5