Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

16 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Case and point: Bitching about bitchin 🤣

Let’s not make that guy the escape goat, buy in large Surly is a place where people come to focus on the positive and find piece of mind. I could care less if a small segment of the posters on here don’t jive with our collective purpose. 

• Haha 7
  • Rage+1 1

14 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Has Arch talked about any timeline for committing?  I'd assume he'd want to pick a school somewhat early in the process to then rally a class around him.  

I believe the consensus amongst the 9.95ers has been the spring/summer of 2022. I believe IT has dangled the carrot out there that if Texas looks good on offense he could pull the trigger sooner but I'll believe it when I see it.

• Hook 'Em 1

IT 

We'll keep an ongoing list of 2023's that have been contacted by the staff, here is what we've got so far.

Huge thanks to @TipOfTheHorn, as always, for helping with the aggregating duties.

I'll keep the OP updated throughout the day, orange links will send you to the player's individual edit they posted.

QB
Arch Manning, QB, Isidore Newman (La)

RB
Rueben Owens, RB, El Campo

WR
Johntay Cook, WR, DeSoto
Rodrick Pleasant, WR, Junipero Serra (Gardena, Ca)

OL
Andre Cojoe, OL, Mansfield Timberview
Isaiah Robinson, OT, Arlington Lamar

DL
Avion Carter, DL, Amarillo Tascosa

EDGE/LB
Anthony Hill, LB, Denton Ryan
Derion Gullette, EDGE, Marlin

CB
Malik Muhammad, CB, Dallas South Oak Cliff
Tay'Shawn Wilson, CB, Katy Mayde Creek

S
Ryan Yaites, S, Denton Guyer

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I believe the consensus amongst the 9.95ers has been the spring/summer of 2022. I believe IT has dangled the carrot out there that if Texas looks good on offense he could pull the trigger sooner but I'll believe it when I see it.

I think IT was teasing it could happen in a few weeks.  I'm not a member there , so third hand info.

6 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

DD3B032F-2804-4FFF-A7F0-9607A7B0EF30.jpeg

Who is that?

20 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

I think IT was teasing it could happen in a few weeks.  I'm not a member there , so third hand info.

Next few weeks?? Are they still teasing that? That would be huge if it happened. I think landing Arch would have a massive recruiting on 2023 and a material one on 2022 as well.

13 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Next few weeks?? Are they still teasing that? That would be huge if it happened. I think landing Arch would have a massive recruiting on 2023 and a material one on 2022 as well.

From what I recall they said there was potential before the season(they didn't say it would be) but if not then most likely immediately following would be the next highest probability followed by spring 2022.

Mike at Night: 2023 contact period feedback and more

Mike Roach

Spoiler

Mike at Night: 2023 contact period feedback and more

Mike Roach

— I exchanged messages with a few 2023 prospects today, and it sounds like Texas walked the line of showing them how much of a priority they are and not being too overbearing. If you didn't notice from the graphics posted on social media, Texas tailored a lot of graphics that looked like a magazine cover to each individual recruit. Those went over well with the guys I talked to, and I was told they were some of the more unique communications they received. Nobody is going to win a recruitment with this stuff, but it is important to really get off on the right foot. I was told by several kids that they were also impressed by how involved Steve Sarkisian was last night. While it's always a given that assistants and off-field personnel will lead the charge, Sark tried to touch base with every recruit they contacted and it was noticed how involved he is in the process.

• Hook 'Em 2

32 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

David Hicks feels like it's going to be a surprise early aggy commit.  Already Fong'd to them amd Fong put up the article of him visiting this weekend.  Sounds like they may have already tipped Wiltfong on where he's headed.

Wouldn't be a shocker to see Hicks giving a post-game locker room commitment to Jimbo.