Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

7 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I think Kiffin is who Bama will hire next, especially if he does well at Ole Miss.

6 hours ago, kevwun said:

They're gonna offer Dabo all of the money first and make him say no.

Dabo and Kirby tell them no, and they hire Crystalball 

33 minutes ago, The Beast said:

We better get our shit together, because Arch is going to be a millionaire with the NIL. Thinking hocking a #1 special from Pluckers ain't going to do it.

Fuck yes, are we back to wing talk?

46 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Texas (and Texas-adjacent) dudes

• 2 - Arch
  • 5 - Anthony Hill (Denton Ryan)
  • 9 - David Hicks (Allen)
  • 12 - Jalen Hale (Longview)
  • 24 - Jaquaize Pettaway (Langham Creek)
  • 26 - Jaiven Toviano (Arlington Martin)
  • 32 - Dalton Brooks (Shiner)
  • 37 - Jordan Renaud (Lewisville)
  • 40 - Johntay Cook (Desoto)
  • 42 - Peyton Bowen (Denton Guyer)
  • 48 - Reuben Owens III (El Campo)
  • 55 - Harris Sewell (Odessa Permian)
  • 58 - Braylon Jones (Del Valle)
  • 80 - Jayvon Thomas (SOC)
  • 81 - Jaden Greathouse (Westlake)
  • 88 - Anthony James (Wylie East)
  • 94 - Avion Carter (Amarillo Tascosa)

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, NoName said:

Texas (and Texas-adjacent) dudes

• 2 - Arch
  • 5 - Anthony Hill (Denton Ryan)
  • 9 - David Hicks (Allen)
  • 12 - Jalen Hale (Longview)
  • 24 - Jaquaize Pettaway (Langham Creek)
  • 26 - Jaiven Toviano (Arlington Martin)
  • 32 - Dalton Brooks (Shiner)
  • 37 - Jordan Renaud (Lewisville)
  • 40 - Johntay Cook (Desoto)
  • 42 - Peyton Bowen (Denton Guyer)
  • 48 - Reuben Owens III (El Campo)
  • 55 - Harris Sewell (Odessa Permian)
  • 58 - Braylon Jones (Del Valle)
  • 80 - Jayvon Thomas (SOC)
  • 81 - Jaden Greathouse (Westlake)
  • 88 - Anthony James (Wylie East)
  • 94 - Avion Carter (Amarillo Tascosa)

A lotta highly rated Texas HSFB players on this list. Oregon’s 2023 class is gonna be so loaded.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, cmontexas said:

Past Arch looks like an uncommonly weak year at QB. The LT kid may be the best one

2024 is absolutely loaded in state at QB. I hope that they don't hyper focus on Welliver to the detriment of evaluating the rest of the class. 

FWIW, I think you could win a lot of games with Edmundon (the LT kid). 

37 minutes ago, golfclap said:

2024 is absolutely loaded in state at QB. I hope that they don't hyper focus on Welliver to the detriment of evaluating the rest of the class. 

Brad Jackson 

24 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

Brad Jackson 

Zion Brown, Reese Rumfield, Warren Peck, Julian Knox, Mabrey Mettauer, Derek Lagway -- and there are several other guys like Heath Graf, Karson Gordon, that are worth keeping an eye on. Deep QB class. 

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

They already offered some other guy ahead of Cole.

12 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Haven't seen anyone post the IT stuff today, but supposedly it was mentioned this guy will visit at the end of the month.

https://247sports.com/player/jaxon-howard-46096421/

Spoiler

TE Jaxon Howard, Robbinsville (Robbinsville, MN) - 2023: Jeff Banks continues to look nationally at his position for both the 2022 and 2023 classes. Howard is a top-50 player in the nation with movement skills similar to Ja’Tavion Sanders. He will visit Texas the end of July. IT will catch up with Howard to learn more about him and his recruitment.

On 7/9/2021 at 4:49 PM, Barbacoa said:

Click on the pic and check the t-shirt. That's calculator territory. 

They like country. Over 4th of July SXM launched some George Strait station and Peyton and Eli hosted a show and were telling stories about golf trips with George etc. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Eric Nahlin

Humble Scribe

He hasn’t been discussed much, but Peyton and Eli Manning have a nephew who also plays quarterback. And for those wondering, yes, that does make Arch (pronounced: arch) Manning, Archie Manning’s grandson.

A quick note on Manning (Isidore Newman, NOLA); at last check we were told the five-star 2023 quarterback’s timeline would likely extend into the spring. That would either be fantastic or catastrophic for Texas, depending on how the season played out. Now IT is hearing that recruitment very likely won’t play out that long. The reason we heard is they understand the importance of the quarterback leading a recruiting class.

Given the Manning’s are the type to put extreme focus on the season, it would seem unlikely Arch would make a decision during the fall, but that can’t be ruled out. He seems plenty capable of handling both football and recruiting.

IT believes a decision before the season is possible.

IT also heard Manning will make another trip to Texas, though one isn’t currently scheduled that we know of, whether for the July summer social or during the season. Who the Mannings visit again will be something we all bird dog.

From the Texas side — there is some cautious optimism for reasons we’ve laid out since Sarkisian was hired and then also more recently: loves Sark, loves the offense, Austin has a lot to offer on and off the field, the family has always liked the school in general, etc.
  • Hook 'Em 5

Mike at Night

Mike Roach

Spoiler

Mike at Night

Mike Roach

— Four-star 2023 Orlando (Fla.) Timber Creek offensive lineman TJ Shanahan posted a picture from his visit to Austin back in June today. I caught up with Shanahan, and he told me he loved his time in Austin. Shanahan is of Tongan descent on his mother's side, and he said that Texas staffer Jake Langi helped to connect him to his family's roots. Shanahan said that and his time with the Texas coaches was the highlight of the trip. I'd expect him to return as Texas has been able to make an impact on him early.