Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

Until we win and put 1st rounders in the NFL, it’s easy as shit for the Bama & OSUs to negative-recruit against us with the 5-star studs. 
We need 5-star studs to win...but can’t get 5-star studs because we aren’t winning...Figure It Out What GIF by CBC

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, EZ$ said:

Until we win and put 1st rounders in the NFL, it’s easy as shit for the Bama & OSUs to negative-recruit against us with the 5-star studs. 
We need 5-star studs to win...but can’t get 5-star studs because we aren’t winning...Figure It Out What GIF by CBC

Georgia and Aggy aren't winning

• Hook 'Em 1

Not ideal, but on the bright side I think Sarkisian and most of the staff are probably pretty unfazed by these type of chaotic recruitments given their previous experience. They've been on both sides of it and I'd expect them to keep working on Owens with little damage done from the actual de-commitment. 

If it was Tom it's more likely than not he would immediately pull some arrogant bullshit borne out of his insecurity and burn the bridge for the player, their family, trainer, and several other prospects in the class at the process. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

Kinda makes you wonder what was talked about between him and Arch. Did Arch recruit him away? I mean he can and has taken visits while still committed. 

I see it more likely related to hearing other recruits' stories about how awesome it was to visit these schools and see major CFB sights, especially after not being able to do so for pretty much all of their recruit-able time-period. If that's it, I obviously don't prefer it, but I get it.

Edited by KYHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael Knight said:

Aggy just had their best season since WW2 (although still didn’t win shit) and both them and Georgia still get the SEC preseason hype.
And...we really aren’t losing the 5-stars to those jabronies anyway.  It’s Bama and OSU we need to keep out of state with the occasional poaching from LSU and OU. 

37 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Something else to consider - once enrolled, UT might offer the best incentives/program for monetizing their name etc.  While in high school, being uncommitted probably makes you more money.

There’s a lot of money flying around right now. He’s be stupid not to get his. 

1 hour ago, KYHorn said:

I see it more likely related to hearing other recruits' stories about how awesome it was to visit these schools and see major CFB sights, especially after not being able to do so for pretty much all of their recruit-able time-period. If that's it, I obviously don't prefer it, but I get it.

Yeah I can understand it too. When I saw my first pair of titties I wanted to see more titties. 

1 hour ago, Enchubben said:

Something else to consider - once enrolled, UT might offer the best incentives/program for monetizing their name etc.  While in high school, being uncommitted probably makes you more money.

There are no shortage of aggy alums that will pay their players to make an appearance at Dixie chicken.  We still have to have a bag game to compete in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

Any of y'all recall an instance of a recruit de-committing/opening his recruitment back up...then recommitting/signing with the same school he de-committed from?

John Burt is the only guy I can remember doing that.  The odds statistically are low for him and Evan Stewart to commit based on previous history.

45 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

Any of y'all recall an instance of a recruit de-committing/opening his recruitment back up...then recommitting/signing with the same school he de-committed from?

Do you recall an instance where there was a pandemic lockdown that prevented recruits from taking visits to schools/staff and a resulting re-evaluation of decisions by recruits as that lockdown was relaxed? Because I don’t.

1 hour ago, Tylerocks said:

It's really not as uncommon as some of you guys make it out to be. From 2019 class alone several elite guys did it: 

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/Decommits/?sortby=rank

Stingley, Trey Sanders, Evan Neal, Bru McCoy (sort of counts?), Theo Wease...

42 minutes ago, Octavian said:

Do you recall an instance where there was a pandemic lockdown that prevented recruits from taking visits to schools/staff and a resulting re-evaluation of decisions by recruits as that lockdown was relaxed? Because I don’t.

b6f5d22cbed23b1f1bf8b4fa156ed5a5.jpg

What a weird fucking response.

2 hours ago, Tylerocks said:

Bru McCoy

Edited by Hornlover
@unclesonny beat me to it
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

The only names I recognize are aggy. Are these all aggy?

Yes, I mentioned that aggy somehow pulls a decommitment back almost every year and tex asked for some examples.  What I didn’t realize was how many aggy decommits end up at OU.  It’s honestly pretty amazing.

Edited by Chuckie Finster

5 hours ago, victory88 said:

John Burt is the only guy I can remember doing that.  The odds statistically are low for him and Evan Stewart to commit based on previous history.

Forgot about Burt. 5 years on campus and he never learned how to catch. It was amazing.

• Haha 3

On 6/17/2021 at 10:38 AM, Michael Knight said:

Aggy you have a point but Georgia is absolutely smoking us in wins the last 10 years. It’s not even close. I’d have unprotected sex with south Austin’s mom to be not winning like Georgia the last 10 years. 

2 hours ago, WinningIsHard said:

Aggy you have a point but Georgia is absolutely smoking us in wins the last 10 years. It’s not even close. I’d have unprotected sex with south Austin’s mom to be not winning like Georgia the last 10 years. 

GA averages winning their conference once a decade.

34 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Hoping for a good year with good QB play and Arch commits on a Jr Day in Jan/Feb.

Sark just got Mac Jones set for life. I'm feeling good about what he can do for Thompson and/or Card if they have anything upstairs.

Edited by maninblack
  • Hook 'Em 2