Let me be positive for a minute...

TexArcher

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

Look.  I thought we'd win, too.  LSU, and Burrow, are better than I thought.  The top tier in college football is Bama, Clemson, LSU, and Ohio State.

Yes, our secondary got torched.  It was embarrassing.  

But here's the good news: there's only one team left on our schedule who can light us up like that.  And they probably will.  But they don't have LSU's defense.  

I'm not saying we're gonna win out.  But I am saying that you bitches predicting 7-5 in the game thread are bitches.  Just like you were bitches saying it was over at 20-7.

This team fought its ass off tonight.  Sam put up 461 yards, 5 touchdowns, and 0 turnovers against the best D on our schedule.  Jesus Christ, man.

And in spite of all our secondary woes, they beat us by 7.  And we dropped 7 in the first quarter.

Yes, Okie Light and some others will score points on us.  But what the fuck are they gonna do about Sam?

Put me down for 10 wins.

Nothing is fucked.

Agree with just about everything.  

But our lack of quality DB play is going to be millstone around our neck the rest of the season - we sure could use that Stingley fella.  Hopefully the light turns on, soon, for the young DBs.

2 minutes ago, futureman said:

so it was a moral victory?  I’ll take it!

No, moral victories are for aggy.

But it wasn't a sign of the Apocalypse, either.

Let's not focus so much on our shitty secondary that we miss the fact that we just scored 38 on a great defense with 1 healthy running back.  Sam is a god damned Jedi.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

No, moral victories are for aggy.

But it wasn't a sign of the Apocalypse, either.

Let's not focus so much on our shitty secondary that we miss the fact that we just scored 38 on a great defense with 1 healthy running back.  Sam is a god damned Jedi.

I know.  just fuckin with you.  rojo looks better than ingram

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

and he'd probably be the first to tell you, he could have played better in the first half-- just terrific tonight but not even his best possible performance

Edited by SwanderedTalent

Disappointed with the loss. LSU has some great receivers and a drastically improved, good QB.  Parts of our D were good while old ghosts in the secondary still haunt us.

Our offense, with limited RB depth, look good against an SECSECSEC defense, for what that's worth.  We are more than set at QB and receivers.  

I never thought we'd go undefeated this year.  The team has heart and fight now and a decent chance to win out if our secondary  improves at least a little and our RB's get / stay healthy.

Disappointed but not worried  

12 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

LSU, and Burrow, are better than I thought.

Better than I expected. I thought last week vs Georgia S-something (Fuck if I know or care) was a fluke and our D would expose their bullshit "new spread system" that everyone was raving about. I honestly expected the same old LSU offense. Oh well. 

That said, 1 loss to LSU this year is better than 1 loss to Maryland the last two years. 

• Like 1

If we're being positive: I thought both lines played well. I was most afraid of our o-line vs their d-line, but I'd say our o-line won more than they lost. They got a little sloppy at the end of both halves, but were nails for long stretches. And not just when LSU players were writhing in pain from their menstrual cramps. Same with the d-line, they held their own for the most part. I can't remember that last time that happened. Duvernay is a stud and Eagles looks like a player. Ehlinger stank up the joint in the first half so it was nice to see him step up the second half. RoJo is a player. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

No, not a moral victory. It’d be more appropriate to call this a quality loss.

Yep.  Everyone knows a quality loss to an sec West team is better than a win over a bdf team.  Sheeit, if what my Aggy friends say is true, we should gain in the rankings.  

I have the best photo of the most stereotypical LSU fan to share, but I don't know how to post shit like that.  

And to really be positive, the ass out today was beyond sublime.  Truly spectacular.  

They played better than we did, fans were cool for the most part, we have some room to grow before we lay claim to the Big XII.  

1 minute ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

This is the least upset I've been watching a Texas game in quite awhile.  Not thrilled with Orlando getting out-coached; however, two Top 10 teams went toe-to-toe and one of them had to lose.  

All that being said, I'll probably be pissed if we lose two more games before the bowl game.

Yeah, me too.  It looked like a loss when they score before the half and we had been so tight and inept in the 1st quarter.  But they fought like hell until that onside kick.  Proud of them.  Offensive playcalling, not so much. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

Sam is a jedi?  Sam needs to learn to get rid of the ball and not take 10yr sacks.  He also had some poor under thrown passes and is very lucky he didn’t get picked off several times.  He needs to study Burrow tape and learn. 

Sam needs to quit aiming the ball to wide open receivers and let it rip